Thread: Tunze 6150 (Stream 3) not responding to programming

Regular Vistor

Tunze 6150 (Stream 3) not responding to programming

I have Apex Classic. I have two Stream 3s and I want them to alternate ON/OFF. I created two profiles - WaveLeft and WaveRight. I have one Stream 3 set to WaveLeft and the other WaveRight. When I look at the commands being sent to the pumps using the local intranet page, it appears to work. Left pump is on at 85% for 10 seconds then it switches to the right being on for 10 seconds at 85%. The problem is that neither pump turns OFF when it supposed to be OFF. Both pumps are running at some percentage (I assume 85%).

I know the cable are working because I can turn the pumps on and off. I can also adjust the speed using the slider. Its only the profile program that seems to be the issue.

Anyone encounter this issue?

WaveLeft (PF9)
    Synchronize - Off
    Divide by 10 - Off
    Initial off time - 0
    On Time - 10
    Off Time - 10
    Min - 0
    Max - 85

WaveRight (PF10)
    Synchronize - ON
    Divide by 10 - Off
    Initial off time - 0
    On Time - 10
    Off Time - 10
    Min - 0
    Max - 85

Frequent Visitor
    Which Profile type did you use?

Regular Vistor
    Pump

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You need synchronize enabled on both due to a behavior change on a firmware update a couple years ago. You also need one to be

Initial 10
    On 10
    Off 0

And the other to be

Initial 0
    On 10
    Off 10

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You need synchronize enabled on both due to a behavior change on a firmware update a couple years ago. You also need one to be

Initial 10
    On 10
    Off 0

And the other to be

Initial 0
    On 10
    Off 10

Thanks. That was a typo on my part. I had them 0-10-10 and 10-10-0.

I tried synchronize on both. I've also tried min power being 0, 25, and 40. I've also tried timing everywhere from .3 seconds up to 20 seconds. I can't seem to get the pumps to pulse at all. I also tried running just a single pump, with sync off, and it still won't pulse. I'm wondering if the Apex simply cannot make the Stream 3 pulse??

What is the code in each pump?

Did you make sure these are in AUTO and not ON?

Have you verified using manual ON and manual OFF commands that you are programming the same port these are connected to?

Regular Vistor
    What is the code in each pump?

Did you make sure these are in AUTO and not ON?

Have you verified using manual ON and manual OFF commands that you are programming the same port these are connected to?

Thanks for the help! Here is a pic of the current profile. I am using auto.

I have verified that the pumps are connected appropriately. When I use On and set the speed manually it works. off also turns off the pumps.

I just turned off the left pump and set the right pump to the night profile. I put my hand in front of the pump and appears to be running at a constant speed.

Quote Originally Posted by thuegli View Post
    Thanks for the help! Here is a pic of the current profile. I am using auto.

I have verified that the pumps are connected appropriately. When I use On and set the speed manually it works. off also turns off the pumps.

I just turned off the left pump and set the right pump to the night profile. I put my hand in front of the pump and appears to be running at a constant speed.

What is the code in the varspd outlet itself?

Regular Vistor
    Here is the code. And the pump shows it's in Night mode on the dashboard. When I mouse over the slider, it will show 80 or 0 although not every 5 seconds.

Here is the code. And the pump shows it's in Night mode on the dashboard. When I mouse over the slider, it will show 80 or 0 although not every 5 seconds.

You wont see it match exactly what the pump is doing on the dashboard. That updates every 30 seconds or so and doesn't reflect real time.

Regular Vistor
    You wont see it match exactly what the pump is doing on the dashboard. That updates every 30 seconds or so and doesn't reflect real time.

I thought that might be the case. So I put my hand in the tank and held it in front of the pump for about 1 minute. I couldn't feel any speed difference and certainly not 80% to 0%.

Regular Vistor

I know the Tunze Stream 3 has a minimum power level that it will operate at. I believe its 20%. So it will operate at 0% and then 20-100% but will not operate between 0-20%. This is due to its magnetic levitation and time to get the impeller going. Per Roger at Tunze. I'm wondering if this functionality is what is preventing the Apex from making it pulse?

I know the Tunze Stream 3 has a minimum power level that it will operate at. I believe its 20%. So it will operate at 0% and then 20-100% but will not operate between 0-20%. This is due to its magnetic levitation and time to get the impeller going. Per Roger at Tunze. I'm wondering if this functionality is what is preventing the Apex from making it pulse?
    Pulse is a hard change from min to max, so its gotta be something else. Do you have them on some sort of battery backup or something?

Regular Vistor
    Pulse is a hard change from min to max, so its gotta be something else. Do you have them on some sort of battery backup or something?

No battery backup. Just a normal Apex setup. Roger Vitko suggested I make sure the DIN connectors are properly seated. I'm going to check those when I get home today.

I'm also going to try 60 second intervals with 0% min and 100% Max, to see if it will go off at all in a pump profile. I think the longest I've tried is about 20 seconds intervals.

Regular Vistor

The DIN connectors appear to be fully pushed in. I verified that the variable speed aspect is not working at all. I can turn the pumps on and off through the Apex dashboard but cannot control the speed at all. Any ideas?

I'm connected to VS3/VS4 on the classic base unit. I'm not using the VDM module.

Regular Vistor

Turns out it was the DIN connectors. Even though I pulled back the plastic and thought I pushed them in very forcefully, the connection was not good. I pushed them in harder again this morning and they are now working great. Thanks for the help!