Thread: EB832 Relays Not Triggering

New User

EB832 Relays Not Triggering

Hi!

I have a weird problem that just started yesterday. There have been no changes to my system for weeks, and it was running fine previously.

3 of my outlets on my EB832 stopped switching. There are no flashing or red lights and no warnings about the outlets (though my temperature warning triggered due to hitting a low because my heaters were no longer on).

When the outlets are turned on using the controller, the corresponding amber light on the EB832 lights up, but the relay does not actually switch. You can tell because there is no audible click when turning on/off like the other outlets have, and the outlet produces no power.

Here is where it gets weirder...

When turning off other outlets, the outlets that previously did not switch now start switching reliably. If I turn the other outlets back on, it goes back to the previous behaviour.

So, what I have done for now is simply removed several of the items that can be managed manually, and things seem to be working OK for now.

Does my EB832 need to be replaced, or is this a known issue that can be addressed? I have found several similar posts, but none with solutions.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

I would update your firmware for the EB832 first (even if it says OK) and see if that resolved your issue. If not contact support and they can look into whether it needs to be sent in or not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks for the tip. The firmware on the EB832 said "8 (OK)". I updated it several times, as I read that it can sometimes not take the first time you try. Same behaviour after updating.

I will try support tomorrow, but any other insight or ideas in the meantime is greatly appreciated!

You aren't overloading an outlet (more than 7A) or the EB832 as a whole (15A) are you. If not, I can't think of anything else you might check without the assistance of support.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    All of the outlets are way under 7A individually, and the 15A breaker is not tripping. Peak combined draw for all equipment is 4.5A total.

New User
    Sububer,
    i'm having the same issues. i have 2 EB832's that are doing the same exact thing. i'm going over the functionality of all 16 outlets to see which ones are working correctly. Have they got back to you yet?

New User
    I haven't had a chance to contact them yet, but will. Once I know the reason or resolution, I'll definitely post it here, as there are lots of people with similar symptoms, but no resolutions posted.

Similarly, please let me know if you learn anything.

New User
    Sububer,
    neptune responded to my ticket and had me login to the local dashboard and all the outlets worked. they did nit work in fusion. then they sent instructions to make sure the outlets were not not locked.
    they were not. so i decided to log back into fusion to see if the outlets worked and the did. they are functioning properly. not sure what the issue was but mines working now.

New User
    I am having the same problem. EB832 outlet displays the power is on for an outlet but no power is coming out. If I unplug and replug the EB832 from the wall power it resets and behaves properly. If I activate a feed cycle the problem starts again after the feedcycle ends and another manual power cycle of the EB832 is required. This just started all of a sudden. The system had been working fine without issue for more than a year.

Same Same

I have three EB832’s and only one of mine is doing this. If you completely reset the EB832, it works only for a short time and then it starts doing this again. I found that connecting my T5 lamps to it caused this issue. It undoubtedly fed back some sort of kickback voltage into the unit from the ballasts and fried something. I use my EB4 it handles the T5’s just fine. This one EB832 is unreliable and just stops working after working anywhere from 5 minutes to a few days. Neptune support says I have to send it to them for them to fix it. I understand that, but by the time I pay for shipping and whatever the repair might cost, I am better off buying a new one, with the warranty that comes with doing that. A little disappointed in this, but I understand also that my T5 fixture may be doing something that exceeds the specs of the EB832.

New User

Solved

Got this fixed last year. Neptune Systems was able to troubleshoot and replace some of the internal PCB on the EB832 for about $75. It has been working great ever since.