Thread: Problem with Flow Sensor readings

New User

Problem with Flow Sensor readings

I've had my Apex up and running for almost 2 months . I have a 1/4" flow sensor on my ATO line and a 2" flow sensor on my return line. Both are connected to the same FMM.

When I started the system my ATO flow sensor was reading about 7 gph coming from my PMUP and pretty consistent the first month. For the last couple of weeks the readings are running around 350 gph. Conversely, my return line flow sensor was reading at around 750 gph and is now reading 175 gph.

I initially thought there was some sort of blockage, especially on the return flow sensor, but I disassembled the line from the sensor to the return pump and found nothing. I'm still feeling a good amount of pressure coming out and would think I could tell the difference between 750 and 175. Additionally, my return pump is reporting the same power consumption as it did from when I first hooked it up.

Any thoughts on why both flow sensors have changed expected values?

New User
    Couldn't figure out how to delete the thread, but I found out the problem. Somehow the diameter size of the sensor was reset to 1" for each. I corrected the sensor size for both and it's now reading correctly. Hope this helps out someone else!

New User
    I think there is an issue with my Apex. I got an alarm at 6 AM this morning that the flow for my return pump had dropped below my lower threshold. Checked fusion and it looks like the sensor size diameter changed back to 1" for both my return and ATO.

FlowSensor.PNG
    ReturnFlow.PNG

I can easily fix it, but am not sure why the Apex suddenly changed the values. Any ideas?

New User

Still more issues with my FMM

Quote Originally Posted by ReefingHavoc View Post
    I think there is an issue with my Apex. I got an alarm at 6 AM this morning that the flow for my return pump had dropped below my lower threshold. Checked fusion and it looks like the sensor size diameter changed back to 1" for both my return and ATO.

FlowSensor.PNG
    ReturnFlow.PNG

I can easily fix it, but am not sure why the Apex suddenly changed the values. Any ideas?
    Just today another issue popped up. I noticed that the Return Flow chart on the dashboard flat lined and my ATO was showing no activity. The lock at the top was showing a new tile so I found my flow sensor charts active there. For whatever reason, the Apex renamed the port and the new outlets are named "FLX"

Here's the old:
    FMMoldName.PNG

Here's the new:
    FMMnewName.PNG

Also, when I tried to run a task to fix the name and diameter of pipe my previously named module can't be found:
    FMMmissing.PNG

I don't know what's going on, but it has me nervous that something may get renamed without me knowing and not tied to an alarm. Help!!

New User
    change the inputs on the module to not use auto (under advanced) and hey at least your flows work, mine read 6 then 0 then 500... a mess

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by ByronP View Post
    change the inputs on the module to not use auto (under advanced) and hey at least your flows work, mine read 6 then 0 then 500... a mess
    I spoke with someone from Neptune and they think it might be the 2" flow sensor either getting interference or malfunctioning. They had me unplug the sensor and run without for some time to see if the issue persisted. I've done that and for over the past week have not seen issues. I'm going to reroute my 2" line and try again to see if that fixes it.

New User
    Hi,
    I have also been having this problem with my 2 x 2 inch flow sensors. They keep reverting back to 1 inch, even though i don't have it on auto detect. I think it has happened at least 4 or 5 times now in the past 6 months. Also my optical sensor changed state from open to close for no reason - when i checked the configuration it had changed from optical sensor to water on floor sensor....