Thread: need to update Apex Classic, help on connecting to it

Frequent Visitor

need to update Apex Classic, help on connecting to it

I am trying to update my Apex Classic with new firmware. I know this cannot be done over wifi and will connect my desktop Mac to it with a cable. I will disconnect my Mac from the home network. My question is what steps do I need to take to get the computer to connect to the Apex. I know I have to set DHCP on the Apex to ON and restart it. Will that auto connect my computer to the Apex?

Quote Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
    I am trying to update my Apex Classic with new firmware. I know this cannot be done over wifi and will connect my desktop Mac to it with a cable. I will disconnect my Mac from the home network. My question is what steps do I need to take to get the computer to connect to the Apex. I know I have to set DHCP on the Apex to ON and restart it. Will that auto connect my computer to the Apex?
    No. You need DHCP set to OFF, and then you need to go into your adaptor settings and change the ip address of your computer so the first three sets are the same as the apex, but the last set is different. Subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway blank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Ok there seems to be an issue and I cannot connect to the base unit this way. I am using a Mac. When I connect the base unit to the Mac viz ethernet cable the green circle under network settings does not turn on. It stays red. I restarted the Apex and my computer and it still does not work. Not sure what the issue is. Tested the ethernet cable and it works fine. Base unit shouldn't be the issue since it is currently connected to my wifi extender with the ethernet cable and I can access it over wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    No. You need DHCP set to OFF, and then you need to go into your adaptor settings and change the ip address of your computer so the first three sets are the same as the apex, but the last set is different. Subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway blank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk