Thread: ATK help

New User

ATK help

New apex user I have my atk set up and working but I keep getting error alarms I’ve attached a pic of the error code and the programming that is in the apex for the atk I have not changed anything in the programming, can anybody help me out ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Visitor
    I think your issue is the When On statement. That is used to turn the outlet off and trigger the error condition when it runs longer than you specify.

Your When On is set to 5 mins. What is probably happening is that it takes longer than 5 mins to fill your ATO, thus triggering this condition. Try checking to see how long it normally takes to fill your ATO and then set the When On a little above this. E.g. if it takes 7 mins to fill, set it to 9 mins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New User
    I was thinking along that line after reading some other threads I will time it and see how much time it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic907 View Post
    I was thinking along that line after reading some other threads I will time it and see how much time it takes.
    Unless you have a very large sump, 5 minutes is usually quite a bit longer than it takes to fill. In most cases when people get the if error ATO, it's something like a clogged line or incorrectly set float.

The other alarm you are getting should not be in your email to begin with. You should be alarming when the high level float closes (if you turn your return off to feed, this needs to be separated into a VO), but you should not be alarming when your low level float closes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Unless you have a very large sump, 5 minutes is usually quite a bit longer than it takes to fill. In most cases when people get the if error ATO, it's something like a clogged line or incorrectly set float.

The other alarm you are getting should not be in your email to begin with. You should be alarming when the high level float closes (if you turn your return off to feed, this needs to be separated into a VO), but you should not be alarming when your low level float closes.

i am new to all this so please bear with me, I set up the atk through the tasks I would assume that it would work as needed without any special code changes. My sump is 40 gal my low sensor is where I want it to be for water height, one thing I noticed last nite( I work remotely for 2 weeks at a time so my wife was FaceTiming me) was that the atk was switched from auto to OFF I switch it back (low sensor was not in the water) and you could hear the relay in the power bar clicking on and off, but there was little flow coming from the pmup so I assume I have something clogged in the line like you stated. The atk went through it’s cycle of trying to fill but couldn’t then turned back to the off position on the slider. I am sure it’s something clogged in the line, but I will have to wait till I get back home in 2 weeks to check that out. For now she can keep it topped of manually.

New User

ATK LO reading disappeared

I had to replace the eye on the ATK Lo and now it does not show up on my read out. Also it is not auto topping off water and I keep getting an alarm-If ATK_HI CLOSED the ON. Also my salinity probe reading has also disappeared. It reads out on the web page under probes but has disappeared off the main status readout.

Quote Originally Posted by deborah View Post
    I had to replace the eye on the ATK Lo and now it does not show up on my read out. Also it is not auto topping off water and I keep getting an alarm-If ATK_HI CLOSED the ON. Also my salinity probe reading has also disappeared. It reads out on the web page under probes but has disappeared off the main status readout.
    Create a new thread and provide screenshots and as much info as possible. It's generally bad form to hijack an existing thread unless your problem is identical.

New User
    I wasn't trying to "hijack" a current thread! I am new to this forum and tried to create new thread and it didn't work. I thought maybe this was the way to create a post for my problem. Rather than make another mistake and be slapped for it I will put in a ticket for tech support.

Frequent Visitor
    @deborah, sorry you felt you were slapped, this is an incredibly helpful forum and @zombie is one of the most significant contributors.

PM me if you need any assistance to create new posts etc as I’m happy to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk