Thread: Log skips ahead 12 hours

Regular Vistor

Log skips ahead 12 hours

Hello everyone,

My log has been running great. I noticed it is logging on the graph every 10 minutes. I seen in the misc section I could change it from 10 to 1 minute. I changed it to 1 minute. Then I went into the PH and Temp log graph and now I cannot scroll across the various changes from last night until now. It stopped at 11:40pm last night at 8.43 pH and when I scold past that on the graph next bar it jumps to is today at 4:50pm at 8.35 pH. I tried changing back to 10 minutes thinking this was the cause and it still is doing this. I also just bought a used display keypad and classic EB8. I plugged those into my Apex EL and seems to be working fine. I don't know if this did anything or not.

Does anyone know what the cause of this is?

Were you using APEX Fusion, or APEX Local? I suspect you were using APEX Local. If you go back and check, the last data point last night was probably at 23:50, not 23:40.

An EB8 has an Amps sensor. When you connected the EB8, the number of inputs changed, so the input log file for today was reset to accommodate the additional input. It's normal behavior when any module containing one or more inputs is first connected to an Apex. You will not see this happen (a gap in logged data) in APEX Fusion... only in APEX Local.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Were you using APEX Fusion, or APEX Local? I suspect you were using APEX Local. If you go back and check, the last data point last night was probably at 23:50, not 23:40.

An EB8 has an Amps sensor. When you connected the EB8, the number of inputs changed, so the input log file for today was reset to accommodate the additional input. It's normal behavior when any module containing one or more inputs is first connected to an Apex. You will not see this happen (a gap in logged data) in APEX Fusion... only in APEX Local.
    Yes sir! All good here. I was using local. Fusion is all good and now so is local. Thank you!

Also, is 1 minute logging a good idea? What is the norm? How many days of logging should I expect to see with 1 minute logging? I like 1 min logging because I am trying to dial in my pH and this allows me to see what's happening precisely.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The default is 10 minutes, and that is the recommended setting. Things like temp and pH don’t change fast so in general there is no point in logging at increased frequency. There is little value in using a lower logging interval. This setting only affects how often probe/sensor data is logged for graphing purposes. It does not affect the values displayed on the Dashboard tiles - those are nearly real time.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The default is 10 minutes, and that is the recommended setting. Things like temp and pH don’t change fast so in general there is no point in logging at increased frequency. There is little value in using a lower logging interval. This setting only affects how often probe/sensor data is logged for graphing purposes. It does not affect the values displayed on the Dashboard tiles - those are nearly real time.
    Perfect. Thanks

Off topic, can I hook up the Apex Classic controller to the Alex EL to use the temp and pH ports on my other tank?

Quote Originally Posted by h2oh2o View Post
    Perfect. Thanks

Off topic, can I hook up the Apex Classic controller to the Alex EL to use the temp and pH ports on my other tank?

Only one brain per aquabus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Only one brain per aquabus.

Thank you. I ordered (2) USB to 5-pin connectors so I can run a Cat5e from my head end in the Garage to my tank where I want to relocate my EB8. It is about +/- 25'. I have (2) available ports on my EB832 and I was thinking of running a 25' extension cord from one outlet on the EB832 to power up my EB8. My thinking behind this is so I can now monitor the Watts/Amps from that one outlet. I know I won't be able to monitor individually but that is ok. I shouldn't exceed 7 amps.

Do you think is doable?

Thank you. I ordered (2) USB to 5-pin connectors so I can run a Cat5e from my head end in the Garage to my tank where I want to relocate my EB8. It is about +/- 25'. I have (2) available ports on my EB832 and I was thinking of running a 25' extension cord from one outlet on the EB832 to power up my EB8. My thinking behind this is so I can now monitor the Watts/Amps from that one outlet. I know I won't be able to monitor individually but that is ok. I shouldn't exceed 7 amps.

Do you think is doable?
    I wouldn't chain the EB8 like that personally. The extra reliability by keeping them seperate is worth more than than being able to alert amps/watts IMO.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I wouldn't chain the EB8 like that personally. The extra reliability by keeping them seperate is worth more than than being able to alert amps/watts IMO.

I probably wouldn't keep them like that in the long run. I just wanted to see what my entire system pulled and cost for a couple days of running. Do you think this would do any harm for a couple of days?

I probably wouldn't keep them like that in the long run. I just wanted to see what my entire system pulled and cost for a couple days of running. Do you think this would do any harm for a couple of days?
    Totally fine for short period.