Thread: Getting the most from a break out box

New User

Getting the most from a break out box

Hi all,

I’ve recently purchased an apex controller and am looking at the breakout box.

I live in Australia and for whatever reason buying modules / equipment is rather expensive.

To try and save some money I built a breakout box with with a minidim8 cable.

I was thinking, is it possible to extend the functionality on the breakout box programmaticly rather than purchasing the pm modules to get more I/O ports.

Could I connect the six ports to additional ports so that multiple ports would be triggered at a time.

I.e
    if port one & two trigger together then do X
    If port one & three trigger together then do Y
    Etc, Etc

Has anyone HD experience with this, or k ow if it’s possible / any pitfalls that this may produce?

Many thanks

New User
    Unfortunately it’s not possible as the apex only reads each channel as on/off. Only option would be to get a PM2 or another module with the I/O port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The apex is capable of doing AND logic like you asked, but there isn't a way to wire your inputs to multiplex the inputs like you asked.

One thing that might help is you can physically wire inputs in parallel to the same input if both inputs serve the exact same purpose (or series if the normal state is closed). But if you need more than 6 unique states, you are gonna need a PM module.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The apex is capable of doing AND logic like you asked, but there isn't a way to wire your inputs to multiplex the inputs like you asked.

One thing that might help is you can physically wire inputs in parallel to the same input if both inputs serve the exact same purpose (or series if the normal state is closed). But if you need more than 6 unique states, you are gonna need a PM module.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think I this is along the lines of what I was thinking. My apex is in the post so I haven’t had a look at what can and can’t be done yet.

I’m thinking I would need it be know if the other pin trigged at the same time...