Thread: ApexEL issue with web pages

Regular Vistor

ApexEL issue with web pages

Every time i go to network settings using the Web Page method on my laptop I get the below message.
    I just moved from the old Apex Lite (which failed) to a new ApexEL.

"The Dashboard version does not match the firmware version. If you recently upgraded firmware, you must also update the web pages."

According to Fusion i have firmware: 5.04 7A18 which I guess is the latest?
    How can i update my web pages as it suggests?

Did you attempt to update the Apex EL using the Apex Classic firmware update utility you download from Neptune’s web site? The newer Apexes do not get updated that way.

Regardless, contact Neptune technical support.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    no, I haven't done any update at all. Thanks, I'll file a ticket.

Are you using a bookmark in your web browser? If so, make sure it is simply http://name-of-apex or http://ip-address-of-apex. There should not be anything more
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Interesting...
    If i log in by clicking on this link: http://username:password@local_ip_address/ntstatus.sht i get a completely different looking web page than if I use http://local_ip_address
    I had always used the first method with my Apex Lite (and really liked that interface) but are you saying that doesn't work anymore even tho its in there?

Remove nstatus.sht from the saved URL in the bookmark - do not use any URL which ends in .sht for a newer Apex or Apex EL. What you see when you do that are remnants of the old classic dashboard - you must not use that, as it is unsupported and does not have all the functionality of APEX Local, the user interface which replaces the old classic dashboard. Those remnants do have some value for tech support purposes (which is the sole reason they still exist in the newer Apexes), but must not be used by the end user.

The newer APEX Local user interface has the same look & feel as APEX Fusion, and has all the same advanced wizards and such - things that are not present in the old classic dashboard.

Regular Vistor
    When i remove the nstatus.sht from the URL it goes to the fusion looking apex.local page
    So, do you know if the old web interface pages are still valid or not?
    I really liked that layout and style, and its still usable except for the network page

As I already said, the old interface is not supported and should not be used.

You need to use ONLY the newer Fusion-like Apex Local interface.