Thread: ATK pump only runs for 1 minute

New User

ATK pump only runs for 1 minute

I think I have an issue with my new ATK. I installed the ATK using the tasks setup and it seems to be working, sort of.... The pump seems to only run for one minute every hour and the low water sensor always seems to be in the open state. Bellow is the outlet programing and an image of the pump log.

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATO-Lo OPEN Then ON
    If ATO-Hi CLOSED Then OFF
    When On > 010:00 Then OFF
    Defer 000:10 Then ON
    Defer 000:04 Then OFF
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

ATK Pump Log.jpg

Anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

Frequent Visitor
    If it is maintaining the level in the sump it is likely normal. The system fills the sump until the lower sensor (ATO-Lo) is closed... but most of the time it is open as the water fills slightly soon after the pumping ... waiting for the next filling period in an hour.

You could change the Min Time to 120:00 and it will pump every 2 hours and run longer. Personally I have it set to 180:00 (every 3 hours) and it run about 45 to 60 seconds. My system is about 90 gallons total .....

PS The code is fine ..... But I would change to the line "When On > 010:00 Then OFF" to 2 to 3 times the fill time ... perhaps 3 to 5 minutes. So for 5 minutes it would be "When On > 005:00 Then OFF".

Bill Howard, what you describe is fairly normal behavior. It appears to be working fine. It is maintaining the sump water level at a consistent level, correct? If so, well, there's the old saying - "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". But, you can do some fine-tuning...

Increasing the Min Time as MarineGP suggests, and thereby forcing the ATK to operate less frequently will only make the perceived issue of the low sensor being OPEN for a while before the next allowed top-off to be more prevalent. I do *not* recommend doing that. Instead, increase the duration of the Defer MMM:SS Then OFF Statement. By making this value longer, it will cause the ATK to operate a bit longer after the low sensor detects water, thereby causing a very slight overfill - and in turn, there will be a longer period of time that the low sensor stays covered with water before evaporation causes the level to drop to the point that the low sensor is OPEN again. By default, it is 4 seconds. Change it to 6 seconds (Defer 000:06 Then OFF) and observe for a couple of days.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.