Thread: Vortech MP40 connection issues. Constantly goes missing!

Regular Vistor

Angry Vortech MP40 connection issues. Constantly goes missing!

I have cleared the MP40s memeory a few times which has not helped.

Issues: will (daily) show up as missing. Sometimes it will show as missing even if the powerhead is still running. It also shows up missing after an apex restart.

Turning ON/AUTO/OFF will usually not work. I often have to physically disconnect the MP40 for it to start back up. And even then it can show as missing. Also, it will often turn to a green light (its set to long pulse so it should be pink) At this moment it is showing as AUTO, PLSE 18%, which should be correct but, the MP40 has a green light and is not actually in pulse mode.

I've only had the Apex for a week and I'm constantly running into problems... sigh... Any help is appreciated.

Regular Vistor
    any answers yet? i have the same problem. i now have 7 outlets that call themselves Vortech and all are listed as missing.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by tdlawdo View Post
    any answers yet? i have the same problem. i now have 7 outlets that call themselves Vortech and all are listed as missing.
    Neptune told me DO NOT plug them into eb8 or eb832. Its not just a waste of controllable outlets. but there was some other issues with doing so (forget now) Also, if you have to use the 8b8 or eb832, control should be in the digital Vortech switches, NOT the outlet switches. I had to remove and resink my WMX and powerheads a few times, use regular outlets, and it works fine now.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by smartwater101 View Post
    Neptune told me DO NOT plug them into eb8 or eb832. Its not just a waste of controllable outlets. but there was some other issues with doing so (forget now) Also, if you have to use the 8b8 or eb832, control should be in the digital Vortech switches, NOT the outlet switches. I had to remove and resink my WMX and powerheads a few times, use regular outlets, and it works fine now.
    Thanks that worked!! Crazy they don’t tell you that!! I plugged it into a different non Neptune energy bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Sorry to revive an old post but if the vortech is not plugged into an apex outlet bar then how do you set the mode and times on them?
    thanks