Thread: FIXED- No Water Sample Err; Loose tubing inside

FIXED- No Water Sample Err; Loose tubing inside

Check your water line connections on the manifold behind the reagent tray!

So after connecting and going thru the start up instructions I could not get my Trident to function due to error of - NO WATER SAMPE- I rechecked all lines and no kinks or obstructions. Then I moved sample line to a different area where it didn't have to pass thru any stand or sump partitions, and yet NO WATER SAMPLE. Finally I slide the reagent tray out completely and found that the incoming water line looked to be connected but was actually not seated fully onto the nipple of the manifold. There was however a nice puddle of liquid coming from behind the Trident at this point after the machine trying to pull sample water from the tank several times during diagnostics, since the tube was going thru the dose head but not connected to the manifold the sample water and some blueish liquid had puddled and drained out. Glad that I hadn't fully installed the Trident onto the shelf in the sump where this may have drained into the water since Im guessing the blueish liquid was one of the reagents!

Just my personal encounter, and thought this may help someone searching the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User

No water sample error message

I have just had the same problem, I reattached the hose and it popped off again 2 more times. Any suggestions?

Seems odd that it continues to slip off. Mine has never come off again. If it were me, I’d open ticket with support. They’ve been great whenever I’ve needed help.

New User
    Thanks for the post... same thing happened to my trident. Took it out of the box and went through installation steps. I kept getting the no sample water error. Opened up the Trident cover (which you do by unscrewing the rubber feet) and found the waste line was completely unplugged. Plugged it back in with some tweezers and it's working great now!

New User
    I just wanted to add that I had the No Water Sample on brand new Trident. When looking inside the unit, I found that the water sample line was disconnected and that the pump head was pushed in. I am waiting for a response from Apex support.

20201025_124713.jpg

20201025_125208.jpg

New User
    So what happened? I'm having trouble getting the sample to prime, just unboxed and setting up. Doesn't appear to be a disconnected hose or pump pushed in

New User
    Further reading..... Unplugging the power cable and replugging fixed the problem after it reinitialized!

New User
    I just found this thread.....same problem here with two of my heads......thank you.

given the tubes can move, seems like a design oversight without securing the tubes to the manifold.

I will add checking the internals to the reagent replacement schedule....unless I find some really small zip ties.

PXL_20201208_161153648.jpg

New User

Trident error

Wow I will try this when I get home from work thank you.

New User
    Sorry I never updated my post after receiving a response from support. I spoke with someone from support who walked me through connecting each of the hoses and testing the unit. They stated that this could have happened during shipping of the Trident. I have not had any issues since. The support was really good and responsive.