Thread: Updating WXM Firmware - Solved

Updating WXM Firmware - Solved

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Paul at Neptune Support who patiently helped me thru the WXM firmware update and I thought I'd share my experience in hopes it will help a few others with the same issue.

I was able to successfully update the Apex to 4.30. I then tried updating the firmware for the WXM and kept hitting a wall without knowing why. The fix was relatively simple but I kept getting the sequence wrong. As everyone knows, updating the WXM is a two part process. The instructions located in the new WXM manual state to update the WXM and then the RF rev. I would update the WXM per the instructions but kept getting rev. 1.1 instead of 1.11. So at that point, I stopped and called. Paul took control of my puter and updated the WXM to (which still read 1.1) and then updated the firmware, had me unplug the WXM and plug it back in and THEN the WXM rev. displayed 1.11. Nowhere could I find that little tidbit in any instruction. So, update them both, unplug/replug the WXM and then see if the rev reads correctly. Hope this helps someone out there.

Oh, one more thing... I had him assist me with the install of the AFS including setting it up to feed one turn/twice a day. Now here's the kicker... if you want to say, add a feeding manually you have to first select "end feed" and then select "feed A" or whatever feed your set up for. Little curve balls like that should be in the instructions if you ask me!

What I want to do now is have my return pump turn off while I'm feeding. I'm tired of watching most of whats dumped into the tank float into my overflow! Can someone help me with that? Thanks

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by batman3n1 View Post

What I want to do now is have my return pump turn off while I'm feeding. I'm tired of watching most of whats dumped into the tank float into my overflow! Can someone help me with that? Thanks
    I believe their are samples in the AFS manual

Quote Originally Posted by batman3n1 View Post
    Now here's the kicker... if you want to say, add a feeding manually you have to first select "end feed" and then select "feed A" or whatever feed your set up for. Little curve balls like that should be in the instructions if you ask me!
    The only time it is necessary to click the Feed Cycle Cancel button before initiating a feed cycle is when a feed cycle is already active. Only one can be active at a time.

Wannabe Control Freak jvelkgrove's Avatar
    batman3n1...

Followed your tidbits listed above and WXM update was perfect... Thanks for posting that information!

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The only time it is necessary to click the Feed Cycle Cancel button before initiating a feed cycle is when a feed cycle is already active. Only one can be active at a time.
    Russ... Thanks for the info. I'm still having issues with the AFS even after talking to Paul. I'm out of town right now but will call him when I get back. Thanks for your help. Glad you're around.