Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Radion Users

Director, Customer Experience Paul's Avatar

Exclamation Attention Radion Users

I apologize that some of you are having issues with your Radions and WXM module control. Unfortunately we are having a difficult time replicating these matters in our Lab. Therefore we would like to collect as much information on the matter as possible in order to help resolve these matters. If you are having an issue please provide the following information in this format:

What version of Apex FW are you running?
    What is the SW Rev, WXM Rev, and WXM RF Rev.
    To view this go to configuration>module setup> module list
    It should be SW Rev 8, Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2
    What type of light do you have (Gen1, Gen2, or Pro?)
    When an issue is occurring can you manually control the lights on/off? Can you control them through the slider?
    If you are having a Ramping/Flickering issue does it occur with all the light or just specific lights? Which light?

Thank you for your continued patience in working with us on these matters. We very much appreciate all your help and feedback!

Paul

Apex Lite running apex version 4.31
    HW Type HW Rev SW Rev Addr Name
    Display module 001 009(OK) 002 Disp_2
    EB8 module 001 011(OK) 003 EB8_3
    WXM module 000 008(OK) 004 WXM_4
    Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,3,3),(0,0,0)

MP40-Left - Rev 2.2 OK-1
    MP40-Right - Rev 2.2 OK-2
    AFS module 001 001(OK) 005 AFS_5
    PM1 module 001 005(OK) 006 PM1_6
    Display module 001 009(OK) 007 Disp_7
    EB8 module 001 010(OK) 008 EB8_8
    VDM module 001 009(OK) 009 VDM_9
    EB4 module 001 010(OK) 010 EB4_10
    I have removed my radions, however i only saw the blue light and royal blue light flicker and some times the white
    i can turn on and off the radions with the apex and the slider not working.
    the weather triggers both radions however only the cloud effect works no lightning

radions are gen2 and i am running the latest firmware from here http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...adion-Firmware
    Last edited by chronzz; 12-20-2013 at 08:59.

Regular Vistor
    Fw 4.3. Seems like wxm stops controlling my radion every three day, sometimes the lights are on, sometimes off. Deleting outlet then reattaching takes care of it till three days later. I have a new one yhough, previously I would have extra radion outlets, now I have 5 extra vortech outlets all have odd numbers

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

New User
    Apex Module List

Display module 001 010(OK) 001 Display
    EB8 module 001 010(OK) 003 Power_Left
    EB8 module 001 010(OK) 004 Power_Right
    PM2 module 001 003(OK) 005 PM2
    WXM module 000 008(OK) 006 WXM
    Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,3,3),(2,3,3)

Vortech_L - Rev 2.2 OK-1
    Vortech_R - Rev 2.2 OK-2
    Radion_RT - Rev 1.7.4 - OK
    Radion_LT - Rev 1.7.4 - OK

Running firmware 4.31, all firmware updated to most recent. Radions are Gen2.

As of 4.31 I'm having trouble with the Radions not following the intensity set in the profiles - they're quite a bit brighter than they should be. I've been having bleaching problems lately and I'm trying to run them at ~45% intensity during the day, and they look to be around 65-90%% brightness (although the colors do follow the profiles correctly). I can manually control them just fine, they do not get stuck or unresponsive. I've tried reset/reattaching a few times with no improvement as well as power cycling the radions a few times. I've also noticed the calibration on the lights seems to be off as well, usually my moonlight profile is nice and even across both fixtures but now the left is much brighter than the right, the point that the right light actually turns on (visible light) seems to be 5-8% higher than it usually is.

I also can't get it to stay in a thunderstorm, it cycles in and out. The thunderstorm has changed from adding lightning/clouds to the running light profile back to the ESL way of making the whole tank brighter/darker towards daylight color temps and then having the storm on top of that. Currently it'll cloud up, show a few flashes of lightning, clouds go away/back to current profile, clouds up again, more flashes of lightning, back to current profile, etc. Both fixtures are producing lightning now though which they weren't before, on 4.30 the left one would mostly flash and sometimes would get stuck in a flash with the right not doing much. I haven't had enough time to see if the clouds are working as they should be.

Both my Vortech pumps seem to be working correctly.

This is the first time I've had problems with my radions or WXM module. Up to this point they've always been dead reliable. I'd really like to get this fixed, I'm worried about the radions re-bleaching everything!

I don't know if it helps/makes a difference, but I do have my web interface and telnet open to the web. If you guys at Apex want to come in and poke around just PM me for the login info.

Regular Vistor
    What version of Apex FW are you running? 4.31

diagnosis.jpg
    What type of light do you have (Gen1, Gen2, or Pro?) Pro
    When an issue is occurring can you manually control the lights on/off? The only issue I have noticed, is that when ramping down after being fine all day, it starts to flicker / flash. I lose all control over them via the Apex.

Can you control them through the slider? No
    If you are having a Ramping/Flickering issue does it occur with all the light or just specific lights? Which light? It brought the lights up brighter, and then started to flash / flicker.

PS - I have had to give control of the lights back to the Reef Link - at least until the next beta FW to try again.

New User

Untitled1.jpg

What version of Apex FW are you running? 4.31_CB13

What is the SW Rev, WXM Rev, and WXM RF Rev. SW Rev 8, Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 Radion is at Radion_Driver_1_07_b004_RFM_1_02

What type of light do you have (Gen1, Gen2, or Pro?) Pro

When an issue is occurring can you manually control the lights on/off? Can you control them through the slider? The lights can be turned OFF/AUTO/ON. The slider does work at changing the intensity.

If you are having a Ramping/Flickering issue does it occur with all the light or just specific lights? Which light?
    I currently have 1 Radion Pro and 2 AI Sols. The Radion Pro is only affected.
    If your question is in regards to the Radion color channels, I tried playing around and setting 1 color at a time to 0% while the others where at 100% and the flickering still occurred. It doesn't appear to be just a single color channel.

I also posted separately that the intensity of the lights is not linear when using profiles.
    A profile set to 100% on all color channels and 50% start and 50% end is alot brighter the manual 50% using the slider.

Display module 001 010(OK) 002 Disp_2
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 003 EB6_3
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 004 EB6_4
    PM2 module 001 002(OK) 005 PM2_5
    WXM module 000 008(OK) 006 WXM_6
    Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,3,3),(3,7,7)

Vortech_6_1 - Rev 3.1 OK-1
    Vortech_6_2 - Rev 2.2 OK-2
    Radion_6_17 - Rev 1.7.4 - OK
    Radion_6_18 - Rev 1.7.4 - OK
    Radion_6_19 - Rev 1.7.4 - OK

FW Version 4.31_CB13
    Lights Gen 1 or 2 not sure bought aug 2012
    SW 8, Rev 1.11 RF Rev 1.2
    Lights can be switched Off on and auto slider does change the intensity
    Flickering only on auto using profiles it looks ok on manual On.
    Last edited by Aqua life; 12-21-2013 at 02:23.

Frequent Visitor
    What version of Apex FW are you running?

8, 1.11, 1.2 (Radion 1.6.10)

What type of light do you have (Gen1, Gen2, or Pro?)

Pro

When an issue is occurring can you manually control the lights on/off? Can you control them through the slider?

Manually as in buttons on Radion or with Apex Manual Control? (Yes to both). Yes on slider control

Only have one Radion unit.

UPDATE: After deleting the Radion outlet and reattaching I seem to be OK. Though I have also sent maximum intensity to 95% in the profile I am using as well so there are two variables — I haven't had time to do more testing.
    Last edited by nullbreached; 12-21-2013 at 07:59. Reason: Update

My lights have been running fine recently, but i have since completely lost connectivity over the last few days.

I updated to 4.31 and went to update the Radions with the firmware available on the other Radion discussion thread.

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...adion-Firmware

However i need to use the DMG file (i don't have a Windows computer) and every time i attempt to download the file it comes down as corrupt/damaged and will not install, so i cannot update the Radions to the required firmware? If anyone has a working copy, do please get in touch as Support have attempted to send me a working copy to no avail either.

Ive had to resort back to using ESL for now.

My 3 VorTechs have also oddly disappeared today too?

Lights are Gen1's

Display module 001 009(OK) 001 Display
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 003 EB6_RHS
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 004 EB6_LHS
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 005 EB6_CTR_L
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 006 EB6_CTR_R
    PM2 module 001 002(OK) 007 PM2
    WXM module 000 008(OK) 008 WXM
    Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,0,0,0),(0,0,0)

Frequent Visitor
    I could send via email if you'd like — I haven't ever had issues with corrupt DMG from Neptune.

Quote Originally Posted by nullbreached View Post
    I could send via email if you'd like — I haven't ever had issues with corrupt DMG from Neptune.
    Thanks buddy, in the end i managed to get hold of a Windows laptop and promptly updated the fixtures, but thanks anyway

After a bit of toil and trouble I've managed to get everything talking to each other again...

Display module 001 009(OK) 001 Display
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 003 EB6_RHS
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 004 EB6_LHS
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 005 EB6_CTR_L
    EB6 module 001 011(OK) 006 EB6_CTR_R
    PM2 module 001 002(OK) 007 PM2
    WXM module 000 008(OK) 008 WXM
    Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,7,0),(4,15,15)

VortCON_RLow - Rev 255.255 Missing-1
    VortCON_RHi - Rev 255.255 Missing-2
    VortCON_LMid - Rev 0.0 Missing-3
    Radion_8_17 - Rev 1.7.4 - OK
    Radion_8_18 - Rev 1.7.4 - OK
    Radion_8_19 - Rev 1.7.4 - OK
    Radion_8_20 - Rev 1.7.4 - OK
    The 'simplified' steps i took to get it all back...

• Connect each fixture individually by USB and update the firmware.
    • Factory Reset (after each firmware update)
    • Power Cycle the Radions (they should then come on at full power)
    • Under modules in Web Interface, delete all old Radion 'outlets'
    • Power Cycle the WXM
    • Reset Radions
    • Attach Radions

Seem to be working now Phew!

New User
    I just updated last night, things seem much better now! My brightness issues are fixed so far.

After updating the firmware I did have to delete the radion outlets to get them working again properly. One would always show up as attached fw ver 0.0.0 or whatever. They do seem to be working correctly now.

Only issue I'm still having is that the weather isn't working correctly. It clouds up when you trigger a tstorm, gets stuck and then snaps back to the active profile. Not a dealbreaker.

I just wanted to say thanks to apex for the quick fix! I was a little worried how long it would take to get the update out but you guys came through for everyone having issues in a timely manner. Its very much appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free
    75G Mixed Reef
    Apex FW4.31, PM2 - Temp/Cond/DIY BoB, WXM - 2x Radion G2, 2x MP40

Regular Vistor
    Just updated mine.

I inadvertently deleted the switch for one of my Vortechs, thinking it said Radion_4_17 for some reason.

When I paired it up again, the switch was not on the dashboard, although if I clicked edit, it was there so I just dragged it back to the desktop and then saved it.

When I attached the Radions, the switches also were not on the dashboard, so I had to do the above again.

The Apex now has control of my Radions so will dee how we get on now.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Day 1 of running the radions with the most recent update. Ramped up and down as expected. Didn't see any flickering or anomalies as previously reported. Hope it continues to function properly..

New User
    Mine just got stuck after ramping off. I have another switch for moonlights on demand and they wouldn't switch profiles. Flicking off and back to auto fixed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    75G Mixed Reef
    Apex FW4.31, PM2 - Temp/Cond/DIY BoB, WXM - 2x Radion G2, 2x MP40

Noticed my Radions were not lit up at the right times today.

Checked the module page and said all of them were missing.

Power cycled the PSU's and the control outlets, no joy.

Power cycled the WXM and everything sprang back into life within seconds...?

Ill check again tomorrow. Only thing i can think of at the moment is i shut down the PSUs when they are at 0% (to save on power and a bit of noise) i wonder if thats whats caused the WXM to loose them?

I have updated to 4.31 cc13 which has fixed the flickering problems above. now 2 of my 3 radions have gone missing and are off also 1 of the 2 x mP40 pumps has gone missing as well. i have cycled the WXM but both lights and the pump is still missing,

I have powered off the lights and that looks to have worked and they are back on and the apex has found them, i have had to delete the pump and re-attach.

Just went to check and all lights and pumps are now missing light off pumps working but not controlled by apex.

reset everything lights and pumps back on but i dont know why they would de-tatch

Director, Customer Experience Paul's Avatar
    We are sorry to hear about this continued reports of Radions going missing. To help us determine where the issue might be occurring the answer to these questions will be helpful when trouble shooting Radions. Please trouble shoot the matter in this order and respond to each of the questions:

If you move the WXM closer to the Vortechs/Radions do the devices show as attached?
    If you power cycle the Vortechs/Radions do the devices show as attached?
    If you click "Attach Radions," do the Vortechs/Radions show as attached?
    If you unplug the WXM from the aquabus and plug it back in, do the Vortechs/Radions show as attached?

Thank you all for your continued patience in these matters!

Paul

Morning Paul!

Just checked in on my system. The Radions are powered up (fans are running etc...) but not ramped up yet, but they are attached looking at the Modules page on the web app. So far so good. They don't come on until 12:00 o'clock, so we will soon see.

My issue was solved as per this yesterday...

If you unplug the WXM from the aquabus and plug it back in, do the Vortechs/Radions show as attached?

Thank you all for your continued patience in these matters!
    To be honest i think Neptune Systems have been very commendable with these issues.

Ive noticed some frustration and demanding comments from some other members, but we have to remember this level of control is new to the Apex system and still going through its later BETA stages.

Im glad it has such a strong community and many experienced and helpful members as progress is being clearly made to solve the issues. Ive been many other places and only seen people met with criticism to their own knowledge and accusation that the third party element is the problem/broken.

Top job guys, teething problems there may be, but the continued development and support gives me solid faith in the product

If you move the WXM closer to the Vortechs/Radions do the devices show as attached?
    No nothing happens but i have had cases where the closest was off but the rest were attached. closest radion 1.5 mtrs away clear view

If you power cycle the Vortechs/Radions do the devices show as attached?
    Radions Yes vortech No

If you click "Attach Radions," do the Vortechs/Radions show as attached?
    No

NoThe only thing that seems to work is powering the lights i have to disconnect all the cables and re connect then the radions are found i dont have to reattach. the pumps i have to delete and follow the attach instructions mode set etc.

By the way i agree with the comment above great work by all involved and all pumps lights working as they should today.

New User
    I am at 4.30BE13, and am having issues with the radions not staying connected or rather being connected int he module page, but not turning on from the dashboard(if i unplug the radion, the light powers up) I also just had an MP10 drop connection, but its still powered on.
    My question is, 4.31CB_13 has flickering issues and droping MP's but does 4.31CC_13 have the issues with dropping pumps?I know the "CC" revision stopped the flickering, but did it fix the dropping pumps too? I leave for days at a time often, so I really need my stuff to be functioning correctly.

Regular Vistor
    My pumps have been fine on the latest version, as have the Radions. However I have gone back to the Reef Link until Fusion comes out.

New User
    I updated to the latest firmware when it was released, I have 2 Gen1 Radion and 2MP10's connected, so far no pump or light disconnected, no flickering and everything is working as normal. Only problem is with the weather function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 days now with no problems pumps and lights all working as they should

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast