Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Radion Users

New User
    Yes. It came back.

My normal solution is to unplug the power and re-plug. It starts to find vortechs and radions after this. This lasts for awhile, but eventually it loses contact.

New User
    Just food for thought...

I haven't had the issue since I changed my radion profiles named "sunrise" and "moonlight" to "snrise" and "mnlight" respectively. Coincidence? Or is there possibly an issue with the keywords "sun" and "moon"?

wakeandshake
    I am really excited to use Fusion, hopefully we can figure my issues out. I will try to provide as much info as I can here.

What version of Apex FW are you running? 4.31_5B14
    What is the SW Rev, WXM Rev, and WXM RF Rev.
    To view this go to configuration>module setup> module list

It should be SW Rev 8, Rev 1.11, RF Rev 1.2

What type of light do you have (Gen1, Gen2, or Pro?) Gen 1 upgraded to Gen 3 Pro
    When an issue is occurring can you manually control the lights on/off? Can you control them through the slider? Lights appear to be working after I configure them. I can control/program them through fusion and all seems well until the next morning when the lights turn off and on, change colors, etc. Yesterday one light was red and doing lightning while the other lights appeared to be fine. I upgraded to 5B14 as a result, deleted module, reset radions and all seemed well. This morning the lights were doing there own thing again.
    If you are having a Ramping/Flickering issue does it occur with all the light or just specific lights? Which light? Today all lights were going from "white" to blue and then off.

6-3-2014 7-49-06 AM.jpg

Before upgrading your Apex firmware to 5B14 , did you had any issues with your radions and vortechs ?

Alain

wakeandshake
    Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    Before upgrading your Apex firmware to 5B14 , did you had any issues with your radions and vortechs ?

Alain
    I'm in the process of setting up the tank so I don't have any history. Using Fusion is the first time I've done any scheduling of Vortech or Radions. It appears the Vortechs are running as they should but I haven't been home all day to watch each cycle yet.

wakeandshake

Alain
    In case I wasn't clear, I had the same Radion issue with 5a14 and thus why I went to 5B14. I see there is 5C14 now, not sure if that will help.

I thought 5B14 was going to update teh WXM but I dind't see any change in the SW Rev.

This is a new tank with no fish yet and no complex programming in the Apex yet. I'm open to trying anything to get this resolved.

In some case updating the WXM firmware has created difficulties with radions and vortechs , the latest WXM revision that seem to create less issues is Rev 1.11 and RF Rev 1.2 . The latest in many cases will created issues that is why this thread from Neptune support is mentionning not to upgrade the WXM firmware .

Alain

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...ease-4-31_5C14

wakeandshake
    In some case updating the WXM firmware has created difficulties with radions and vortechs , the latest WXM revision that seem to create less issues is Rev 1.11 and RF Rev 1.2 . The latest in many cases will created issues that is why this thread from Neptune support is mentionning not to upgrade the WXM firmware .

Alain

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...ease-4-31_5C14
    I'm fairly certain, not positive, that I was updated to Rev 1.12 before I did the fusion upgrade. Is there a way to back Rev to 1.11?

Yes you have to go back to the latest non beta firmware 3B14 , and update your WXM again and it will go back to Rev 1.11 ; from there you can always reload the latest beta and benefits from the improvements but DO NOT UPDATE the WXM .

Alain

wakeandshake
    Thanks Alain. I just got done reading thread "EcoTech support response to Radion 1.7.4 firmware problem" and gained a lot of perspective on the history here. My take away is that there is still a problem with 3B14 and going back to 1.6.10 was the only way to get a stable environment while losing some Radion functionality. Did I miss something? Can I stay at 1.7.6, go back to 1.11 and be stable or just more stable, still with issues likely?

The problem with this is the fact that we cannot predict if a configuration is more stable then another , it depend on your own set up and usage of those equipments . for some people 1.6.10 is better then another . it is a test and trial for now , however for me and many others 1.6.10 has proven to be more stable , yes you will loose some features . Its a choice you have to make for now . no 100 % proof solution !

Alain

wakeandshake
    The problem with this is the fact that we cannot predict if a configuration is more stable then another , it depend on your own set up and usage of those equipments . for some people 1.6.10 is better then another . it is a test and trial for now , however for me and many others 1.6.10 has proven to be more stable , yes you will loose some features . Its a choice you have to make for now . no 100 % proof solution !

Alain
    OK. So went back to RF 1.11 and then applied 5c14 but did not upgrade WMX. Deleted module and added back again. Reset radions more than once. Vortechs appear to be fine. Radions are responding to changes, not seeing issues I was seeing yesterday and today but the morning will tell if those issues return (lightning when no lighting set, changing colors when no changes set, powering off and on).

One problem I see right now is that two radios are the same and one is different. Right now I have all set to Deep blue, ramping down to 11:00 and this worked fine but two radions had blues, white and green LED on and the one had only blues (maybe indigo) on. These are gen 1 upgraded to gen 3 pro. If I turn them all on they all appear the same so not a light/led issue. Of course as I write this I turned them all on and now they are turning off and on.

Note that I'm not seeing "missing" for the lights as this happens. They stay on for a minute or two, turn off for 1-2 minutes and then back on. Of course, as I was writing this line they turned on and have stayed on for over 10 minutes. I went back to Deep blues and same issue. Not sure if one has too few lights on or two have too many lights on.

I fear I will be going to direct connect until these issues are figured out. I'll be glad to test and provide info if I can help.

Maybe they are in need of calibration ?

Alain

wakeandshake
    Maybe they are in need of calibration ?

Alain
    Possibly. Which brings up a good question. How do we get vortech and radions out of slave mode when connected to the controller? Haven't tried anything with radions yet but all I can do with Vortech is turn off/on with buttons.

when you set up a vortech pump on a WXM a new outlet is created and this is the one that will control the pump mode, speed , etc . Are you sure you are using the right outlet ? Vortech do not need to be plugged into a EB8 to control them and this EB8 outlet can be used to control something else . Use the outlet that is created .

Alain

wakeandshake
    when you set up a vortech pump on a WXM a new outlet is created and this is the one that will control the pump mode, speed , etc . Are you sure you are using the right outlet ? Vortech do not need to be plugged into a EB8 to control them and this EB8 outlet can be used to control something else . Use the outlet that is created .

Alain
    Yes, this is how I have it setup (and also plugged into EB8). I can control the pump via the virtual outlet (on, auto, off) but if I want to do something like setup disconnect protection I'm not sure how to do that without deleting the outlet.

With the outlet that is created you can also control pump speed, operating mode , etc ; by using a pump profile or Fusion . Disconnect protection is done by programming a Fallback mode in the outlet . You dont have to delete the vortech outlet as this is the one to be use for Fallback mode and other mode of operations . The outlet on the EB8 is not needed to control the pump it can be used for something else .

Alain
    Last edited by Alain B; 06-04-2014 at 05:25. Reason: correction

wakeandshake
    Things appear much more stable since going back to 1.11. I'll be there all day tomorrow so I can judge for myself.

wakeandshake
    Lights are much more stable now but there are still glitches. I've noticed that the lights will ramp down to off or nearly off before going into the next set point which is "deep blue" and then thigns appear to work correctly from there. At times one light seems to do its own thing during the day. As the tank is still empty I'm not too worried and am hoping all the kinks are ironed out soon.

New User
    As the proud owner of a new WXM, the big question is, do I attach my XR30w Pro's?

Pumps work great and Fusion is fabulous, just dont want to screw the lights up!

New User
    Thanks for link, Alain.

Having read all the problems people seem to be having, I'm reluctant.

However, big breath...........

Relax , many also dont have any !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alain

wakeandshake
    Latest update. Lights were working fairly well with glitches here and there, mainly on one light which was furthest from the WXM. So I moved the WXM to as close to all the lights as I could. Then things got real funky with the lights and even my MP40s started acting weird, woke up to find them off. I can't imagine moving the WXM closer would cause more issue so maybe it's just coincidence. I'm going to reset the radions, calibrate them and attach one more time and see what happens. If no better I will program them with ESL.

Any disconnection issue, plz contact ecotech support as it was mentionned before , in the meanwhile do not reconnect your fixtures or pumps as ecotech need to make some test on your system while this are still in the state of the failure . You can also contact Neptune support about this and they will help you to get a hold on ecotech .

Alain

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast