[ Clr_Day ]
    Ramp Time: 1
    Start Intensity: 60
    End Intensity: 60

[ Clr_Set ]
    Ramp Time: 60
    End Intensity: 20

Here is a simple program to get anyone started with using a Kessil.

The above program allows for 240 min sunrise and a 180 min sunset with full intensity in-between. I only run my kessil at 80 max intensity.

You want your start intensity to be 14 because the kessil won't turn on with anything lower and then you just remain in the dark for a good period of the ramp schedule which doesn't make sense. So start at 14.

It took me a little to understand this but for anyone wanting to make some adjustments to the schedule

If Sun 000/-360 Then Int_Rise
    This tells it to run the Int_Rise profile at the start of the sunrise in the season table and to ignore it 6 hours before sunset.

If Sun 360/000 Then Int_Set
    This tells it to ignore this profile for the first 6 hours after sunrise and then switch to this profile.

If Sun 240/-180 Then Int_Day
    This tells it to ignore the first 240 mins from sunrise which is the length of my ramp profile Int_rise and then stop running 180 mins on the ramp down profile Int_Set which should run for 180 mins.

Hope this helps others.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by shellcode View Post
    http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...Weather-events

according to the above post:
    Apex firmware 4.31 or greater is now required

PROGRAM

[ Kessil_Color ] ( VDM Outlet )
    Set OFF
    If Sun 000/-360 Then Clr_Rise
    If Sun 360/000 Then Clr_Set
    If Sun 060/-060 Then Clr_Day

[ Kessil_Int ] ( VDM Outlet )
    Set OFF

PROFILES

[ Int_Rise ]
    Ramp Time: 240
    Start Intensity: 14
    End Intensity: 80

[ Int_Day ]
    Start Intensity: 80
    End Intensity: 80

[ Int_Set ]
    Ramp Time: 180
    Start Intensity: 80
    End Intensity: 14

[ Clr_Rise ]
    Start Intensity: 20

[ Clr_Day ]

[ Clr_Set ]
    End Intensity: 20

Here is a simple program to get anyone started with using a Kessil.

The above program allows for 240 min sunrise and a 180 min sunset with full intensity in-between. I only run my kessil at 80 max intensity.

You want your start intensity to be 14 because the kessil won't turn on with anything lower and then you just remain in the dark for a good period of the ramp schedule which doesn't make sense. So start at 14.

It took me a little to understand this but for anyone wanting to make some adjustments to the schedule

This tells it to run the Int_Rise profile at the start of the sunrise in the season table and to ignore it 6 hours before sunset.

This tells it to ignore this profile for the first 6 hours after sunrise and then switch to this profile.

This tells it to ignore the first 240 mins from sunrise which is the length of my ramp profile Int_rise and then stop running 180 mins on the ramp down profile Int_Set which should run for 180 mins.

Hope this helps others.
    Thank you! I just purchased two A360WE's. I want to program them as well. Do I just need one of the Apex cables to do so?? I'm a bit confused on this....thanks!

You'll need 2 cables. One has a RJ45 on one end and a 1/8" male headphone jack on the other. The second cable has 2 1/8" male headphone jacks and connects light 1 to light 2.

you can get both from Kessil or DIY something if you're so inclined:

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...sil-DIY-Wiring
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Regular Vistor

Regular Vistor
    Thanks aquamanic! I'm sure I'll have more questions!!! I really appreciate the advice!

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Shellcode! I purchased both of those as well. I don't have my VDM hooked up just yet....going to upgrade my firmware to 4.31 first, then add my VDM and then hook program it all...does that sound ok?

How is the control with the Kessil?? I was thinking about getting 2 but wasn't sure how much control is available.

I'm just now -kind of- getting into the whole LED aspect, and moving over from an HO-T5 setup.

Kessil seems to be more in my price range rather then going with something crazy like the Radion.
    Dr. Chad V. Romano
    "The Surgeon of Sound"

Regular Vistor
    Kennyg that sounds like a great plan! Shouldn't have any trouble!

Personally I like the kessil.

You have 2 controls like above one for intensity and one for color . You can control both knobs with the apex. The shimmer and look of the tank is awesome in my opinion a lot better then what I had before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Thank you Shellcode!
    I just put my Kessil's above my tank and I love them! Can't wait to program them! I was looking at the Radion's, but I really enjoyed the shimmer of the Kessil's and the fact that I can use the gooseneck instead of hanging the Radion's from the ceiling...and they are cheaper too boot!

very good points! but when you say you can adjust color... don't the Kessils only come in Blue and White?? or is there a model now that has full spectrum??
    Dr. Chad V. Romano
    "The Surgeon of Sound"

No, just blue and white.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Regular Vistor
    By color I meant blue. Sorry to mislead. You have blue and white. One knob to adjust the intensity of the light and one knob to adjust the spectrum between blue and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

excellent information.... I'm curious now as to see how the seasons programming works with it... I think I may get a Kessel for my 30g and get a 2nd one when I move up to a 120g
    Dr. Chad V. Romano
    "The Surgeon of Sound"

Regular Vistor
    Very interesting stuff....

Regular Vistor
    Shellcode, I'm going to try your program/profile you posted. Thanks for posting this! It will help me immensely!

Regular Vistor
    Do I have to run firmware version 4.31 to run Shellcode's program? Or will it work with an earlier version? Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
    I will try it out also.....Thanks

anyone have a programing examples for clouds on the A360WE or is it so suttle that you cant tell?

Thanks Jon

Regular Vistor
    To use the Season table above you need 4.31. The season table is referenced when you use the SUN/MOON/RT commands.

Here is the VDM outlets without the SUN options that you can use with any version of the firmware. This is what I used before I switched to the season table.

PROGRAM

[ Kessil_Color ] ( VDM Outlet )
    Set OFF
    If Time 07:00 to 08:00 Then Clr_Rise
    If Time 08:00 to 20:00 Then Clr_Day
    If Time 20:00 to 21:00 Then Clr_Set

[ Kessil_Int ] ( VDM Outlet )
    Set OFF
    If Time 07:00 to 11:00 Then Int_Rise
    If Time 11:00 to 18:00 Then Int_Day
    If Time 18:00 to 21:00 Then Int_Set

Regular Vistor
    I also updated my season table times with this post:

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...e-Season-Table

I followed the link RussM posted. http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

However I found the Algorithm for the new moon generation table on the apex flawed and not accurate. The only way I found to match the moon rise and set at the beginning of each month was to set each month new moon to 1. This however leaves a few days without a moon (this part is not correct in my personal opinion but now all the moon times match our hemisphere moon within 60 mins for each day of the month). I use the LSM Lunar Simulation Module and I run it with a profile.

PROGRAM

[ Lunar_Mod ] ( Lunar Outlet )
    Set OFF
    IF Outlet Kessil_Int = OFF Then Lunar
    IF Moon 000/000 Then ON

PROFILES

[ Lunar ] ( Ramp Profile )
    Start Intensity: 5
    End Intensity: 5

This profile will run with the moon intensity specified in the Season Table. And when the moon is not up and the kessil light is off it will run with the Lunar profile with an intensity of 5 to create a little "star light"

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    I will try it out also.....Thanks

anyone have a programing examples for clouds on the A360WE or is it so suttle that you cant tell?

Thanks Jon
    I really don't know... personally I don't care to simulate clouds and I doubt the fish will know any different... (just my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by shellcode View Post
    To use the Season table above you need 4.31.
    The season table has been in the Apex since Day 1 - it's not new. The part in my advanced lighting program stickies about requiring v4.31 firmware is due behavioral changes in the If Moon and If Sun statements - the recently-revised programming in the stickies capitalizes on new flexibility now available as a result of those changes. With older firmware, you cannot have multiple If Sun and/or If Moon statements in one outlet program. The same outcome can be accomplished with older firmware, but the necessary programming is far more complex.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The season table has been in the Apex since Day 1 - it's not new. The part in my advanced lighting program stickies about requiring v4.31 firmware is due behavioral changes in the If Moon and If Sun statements - the recently-revised programming in the stickies capitalizes on new flexibility now available as a result of those changes. With older firmware, you cannot have multiple If Sun and/or If Moon statements in one outlet program. The same outcome can be accomplished with older firmware, but the necessary programming is far more complex.
    I didn't say the season table was new???

You have just confirmed my statement that in order to use the SUN/MOON commands above with the seasonal table you need firmware 4.31.

Regular Vistor
    Shellcode, with the Lunar Module does it allow you to run the Kessil's at 5% intensity? I would like a bit of moonlight when my Kessil's turn off for the night...

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyg View Post
    Shellcode, with the Lunar Module does it allow you to run the Kessil's at 5% intensity? I would like a bit of moonlight when my Kessil's turn off for the night...
    The LSM is a separate module - it doesn't have anything to do with the Kessils. The A360s will not dim below about 12%, so if you want moonlights, you will need the LSM or some other mooonlight.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyg View Post
    The Kessil 360W's that I have will not turn on until intensity 14. So this is still too bright for moon light.

I bought the LSM after I had the kessil up and running to provide moon light. So yes you could run your kessil at intensity 14 and the color turned all the way to blue but for me after seeing the difference between the kessil and the moon lights I really like the LSM module and the lighting it provides when the kessil is off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast