Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using the Season Table with a kessil

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by shellcode View Post
    The Kessil 360W's that I have will not turn on until intensity 14. So this is still too bright for moon light.

I bought the LSM after I had the kessil up and running to provide moon light. So yes you could run your kessil at intensity 14 and the color turned all the way to blue but for me after seeing the difference between the kessil and the moon lights I really like the LSM module and the lighting it provides when the kessil is off.
    I also have this set up with (2) Kessil 360EW's and LSM Module in a custom canopy that I made.... I will post pictures later to night if you want to see?

Jon

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    I also have this set up with (2) Kessil 360EW's and LSM Module in a custom canopy that I made.... I will post pictures later to night if you want to see?

Jon
    Of course that would be cool!

Regular Vistor
    Shellcode, what would be a nice lunar light to go with the LSM module? I miss my moonlight on my tank...just wondering what I can do to add some moonlights....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyg View Post
    Shellcode, what would be a nice lunar light to go with the LSM module? I miss my moonlight on my tank...just wondering what I can do to add some moonlights....thanks
    When you buy a LSM, you also need to buy the corresponding Neptune LED string. You can strings with get 2, 3, 4, or 5 LEDs.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thank you RussM! That makes sense now....I'll look into that! I appreciate all your help!!

Regular Vistor
    I would love to see your pics Jon!!

Frequent Contributor
    Here is the canopy I made. I made this canopy so you can unplug (2) power cables and (3) Jacks for the Kessil's & Lunar Leds at the rear and remove whole canopy to do easier maintenance to the tank if need be.

Jon

Lid Down Lid Up
    IMAG0171.jpgIMAG0172.jpg

Rear of Canopy LHS Rear RHS Rear
    IMAG0165.jpgIMAG0166.jpgIMAG0167.jpg

Regular Vistor
    Wow, Great work John! My Kessil's are mounted to my rimless tank with the gooseneck's Kessil makes. They are nice, but now I'm wondering how I'm going to mount the Lunar LED's for my tank....I guess I could mount them on the gooseneck's...Maybe somebody else that's had experience could chime in too...
    I finally got my lights programmed and the corals really seemed to enjoy the lights...especially my rose bubble tip anemone's. How are your Kessil's working out for you Jon?

Frequent Contributor
    I absolutly love my Kessil's!!!!!!

I came from these lights 36" Current USA Outer Orbit 2x150W 10,000K HQI-MH W/ 4x39W T5 HO & 18 Lunar Lights I enjoyed these lights minus the heat and how much power (4.1 amps) they used.

My Rose tips are thriving and my acans are really happy, the only one not happy yet is my Orange/Green Polyps but they are getting there....lol

Thanks Jon

Regular Vistor
    I love my Kessil's too Jon!! I had a Cad Lights Led fixture above my tank for two years....They weren't bad, however I wanted more control of the spectrum and intensity that the Kessil's provided. My Acans, and bubbles love it too! Enjoy the lights Jon!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyg View Post
    Wow, Great work John! My Kessil's are mounted to my rimless tank with the gooseneck's Kessil makes. They are nice, but now I'm wondering how I'm going to mount the Lunar LED's for my tank....I guess I could mount them on the gooseneck's...Maybe somebody else that's had experience could chime in too...
    Kennyg,

I'm in the process of setting up my 45g OBD cube with a Kessil 360we and also thinking about the LSM module. I'll need to figure out where to mount the LED module before purchasing the LSM.

Are the LEDs a fair size?

Post pictures of how you have the LEDs mounted once you have finished setting up yours.

Thx

Regular Vistor
    byee-

I just ordered my LSM...I should get them soon. I will post pics for you as soon as I have them above my tank...

Frequent Visitor
    Anyone know the dimensions of each of the LED modules used by the LSM module?

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by byee View Post
    Anyone know the dimensions of each of the LED modules used by the LSM module?

Thanks!
    The LED module are 1"x1"...with mounting tabs 1"x1 3/4"... 23 1/2" between center to center of each light

Jon

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    I actually have my 2 LED's attached via velcro to my Kessil's for now...It works pretty well and I enjoy the lighting they provide. Since they are so small and lightweight, they are secure on the Kessil's and I'm not concerned about them falling into the water...

Frequent Visitor
    From my understanding, the LSM mimicks the moon. Does each of the LEDs light up at the same intensity or does it change intensities?

Frequent Contributor
    From my understanding, the LSM mimicks the moon. Does each of the LEDs light up at the same intensity or does it change intensities?
    Yes the all the LED's will light up the same intensity set in the Season Table, they DO NOT mimic the rise and set of the moon(rise on one side and set on the other).

Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Ok. Does the intensity ever change - full moon vs 1/4 moon cycles?

Frequent Contributor
    Ok. Does the intensity ever change - full moon vs 1/4 moon cycles?
    Yes if you have your profile as If Moon 000/000 Then ON then her is what is going to happen:

2/1/2014 the moon intensity will be 0% NO moon (NO LED's are on)
    2/7/2014 the moon intensity will be 28% 1/4 moon
    2/15/2014 the moon intensity will be 100% Full moon

Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Perfect! That's exactly what I was expecting.

Does anyone if you can make your own LED modules for the LSM?

Frequent Contributor
    Perfect! That's exactly what I was expecting.

Does anyone if you can make your own LED modules for the LSM?
    No not that I am aware of? and I think Russ answered this in Post# 29 in this tread.

Jon

Frequent Visitor
    I was hoping someone on this forum has DIY'd their own LEDs as opposed to buying the ones made by Apex.

I have lots of LEDs kicking around .

Regular Vistor

Using the Season Table with a kessil

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    The LED module are 1"x1"...with mounting tabs 1"x1 3/4"... 23 1/2" between center to center of each light

Jon

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    Are these still the dimensions and cable length between lights?

I have 2 kessils on rigid mounting arms over my trimless 4' 85 gallon. They are spaced about 22-23" apart at the mounting arms.

Curious if a longer cable could be attached so the cord could be run down the mounting arms instead of dangling over the tank ...

Also, wondering how to program my lights to mimic the sun pattern. I have just updated my apex to the latest version (may 2017) and am running 2 Kessil A360 with the lighting wizard currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12