Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Torx's Jebao WP Apex harness

Regular Vistor
    Guess I'll keep looking to find a way to make one or if ppl still make them

New User
    I am currently running a PP-15 and RW-15 being controlled with a DYI Apex harness. Last night I noticed my old RW-15 had stopped working. I hooked up my new QP-16 to the harness but it won't work. Does anyone know how to get the Apex harness to work with the Coral Box QP-16?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollback View Post
    I am currently running a PP-15 and RW-15 being controlled with a DYI Apex harness. Last night I noticed my old RW-15 had stopped working. I hooked up my new QP-16 to the harness but it won't work. Does anyone know how to get the Apex harness to work with the Coral Box QP-16?
    Any ideas? I'd love to get this pump to work with the harness and my Apex.

New User
    Sadly, the Jebao to Apex adapter does not work with the newest wavemaker line [OW] :-(

New User
    Thanks for replying! I wonder if there is an adapter that could be made.

Jebao changed the controller with this generation of pump and it is not compatible with Apex at all with any third party controller. They were supposed to be updating their A1 controller to be compatible with OW pumps and Apex but I have not seen that update as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Torx View Post
    Best update I made to my Apex with amazing control. I use the cable on 2 WP-40 pumps on my 120gal long tank. Not sure if more is needed by anyone, or if it explanatory enough on its own, but here is how I did it.

Yes, an Apex uses 0-10v on the VSP, this cable splits the voltage to 0-5v that is used by the WP's.

***Keep in mind that different venders have different color wires for the 3 pin waterproof connection, so if you do one yourself, but sure to test the pin outs on it before or you risk dropping 24v into your VSP.***

On other threads that I found to help me build this, they all said that any 2 resistors will work for this. *NOT* any 2 will work. I use 1/4w 2.7k Ohms and have used 1/4w 1k ohm with no issues. I recently 0 reviewed a build someone did that was not working and they had used 10 Ohm resistors...they do not work! I do not know the minimum size required, but just thought I would add that The watts rating tells you how much heat a resistor can handle safely without inviting a failure. There are no heat issues with these builds, plus the 1/4w resisters are typically smaller in size and are hidden easier

In the third pic, I actually ended up de-soldering the orange/white ethernet cable from the resistor and slid on some heat shrink, then re-soldered it and slid the sleeve over the open wires to avoid shorting it out against the ground wires. I can take more pictures again when I get parts in for more cables. Hopefully should be shortly, just went over my emails and I have enough to make 25 coming, and 21 are already spoken for.

***I also suggest getting a harness assembled without dismantling your current controller. 2 reasons mostly. One, IF something ever happens to your Apex, you will have no way of controlling your pumps until you get it fixed. Two, if you ever are looking to sell them, upgrade your tank etc, then they will be worthless without a controller.***

Quick schematic

I use the following for the pins on the ethernet cable. Info is in the Apex guide as well though.

My first cable, this is the orange and orange/white ethernet cable wires as noted above, controlled by the V2 or V4 depending which port you are plugged into. Do not mind the bad soldering, I have gotten 100x better and quicker now that I have made a half dozen double cables and waiting on parts for more.

Complete with heat shrink. White marks which power connection controls which pump. Just handy so you know which one is plugged in where if you are using the EB8 as well.

UPDATE - December 2014: Since the release of the Jebao to Apex module by Jebao through fish-street.com, I am no longer able to keep competitive in building these. I enjoyed making these while I was and to date have not had a single person message me with a complaint since I started these almost a year ago. I am still more then happy to help people if they have any questions about building them, feel free to contact me any time.
    Any chance you can repost the schematics? The pics are no longer available. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ric878 View Post
    Any chance you can repost the schematics? The pics are no longer available. Thanks.
    Here's a sketch I made while helping torx fine tune his design. 2.2k resistors is my recommendation.

Note: this sketch is for two pumps sharing the same power supply and Varspd output. Erase the second pump if you are only doing one. I can't find the original schematic for just one pump per channel.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I have not updated as this does not work with any of their current products (or at least from what I have tested). When I first did this it was a compilation of what was found across the net from many users. Then Jebao came out with their own Jebao to Apex converter/controller and subsequently they came out with a controller that direct connect with Apex via a specific cable. I stopped trying to collect information a while ago on them.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Quote Originally Posted by Torx View Post
    I have not updated as this does not work with any of their current products (or at least from what I have tested). When I first did this it was a compilation of what was found across the net from many users. Then Jebao came out with their own Jebao to Apex converter/controller and subsequently they came out with a controller that direct connect with Apex via a specific cable. I stopped trying to collect information a while ago on them.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk
    It does work on the RW series. Not sure about the SW series, but from the pictures, it looks to be similar.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011