Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Torx's Jebao WP Apex harness

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mikes781 View Post
    Was it the eBay source that had the wrong connectors? That's who I ordered from. I guess I'll find out for sure in a few days.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pairs-3Pin...item4acad9de95

Regular Vistor
    Thanks they aren't the same ones that I ordered off of ebay. My connectors were delivered today. Hopefully they are the correct size. I'll find out in a little while.

I just returned to sender and ordered from my first place. :/ just means twice as much for half the amount

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks they aren't the same ones that I ordered off of ebay. My connectors were delivered today. Hopefully they are the correct size. I'll find out in a little while.
    Which ones did you order? Do you have a link?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Geokiris View Post
    Which ones did you order? Do you have a link?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcsX-3x0-75...item2ecaad92e6

Appears to fit fine. I won't have a chance to wire them up for a week or so to test that they work ok.

Yup, those are good ones. 0.75sqmm, should be good.

Frequent Visitor
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcsX-3x0-75...item2ecaad92e6

Appears to fit fine. I won't have a chance to wire them up for a week or so to test that they work ok.
    Man, they all look the same basically. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Torx View Post
    Yup, those are good ones. 0.75sqmm, should be good.

I thought that .75sqmm was the wire gauge and not the connector plug size?

No idea. All I know is that they are called the same and have the same measurement as the ones I get off aliexpress.

Can you just take a moment and just see if the cables connect okay? Just unplug the stock controller from the pump and try and connect one of the male connecters. Thanks

Regular Vistor
    The male connectors definitely fit. I've tried them and they are just a little tight. I just can't confirm that they will definitely work until I wire them up.

Regular Vistor
    Torx,,

Nice write up and if you will a couple questions.
    Since my Jebao controller is fried anyway could I not rip out the board and run the leads that go to the board with the inline resistors and use that for the connection to the Apex?
    I would then still have the plug in for the 24v PS on the box with the two leads (with resistors) that used to go to the board inside come out and go to the Apex instead.

Also are you able to slow the pump/s down more than the Jebao controller does using the Apex to control it?

Thanks
    Ed

I highly doubt that you can use any of the existing board. I have not tested out the board, but can not see it being useful at all. You can probably desolder the board and just remove it completely. Resistors are cheap at your local RadioShack type store.

I do not think you can slow it any more then the controller, but i have not really compared it. I can get it down to about 20% power before the pump shuts off. But unlike the stock controller, you can go from 20-30% or which ever you choose as apposed to the stock controller.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Torx View Post
    I highly doubt that you can use any of the existing board. I have not tested out the board, but can not see it being useful at all. You can probably desolder the board and just remove it completely. Resistors are cheap at your local RadioShack type store.

I do not think you can slow it any more then the controller, but i have not really compared it. I can get it down to about 20% power before the pump shuts off. But unlike the stock controller, you can go from 20-30% or which ever you choose as apposed to the stock controller.
    That's what meant, take the board out of the box, solder the resistors on the wires that would have gone to the board and run them to the Apex.

Before the controller stopped working I could not get it to slow down enough to keep it from moving the sand off the bottom so I was hoping the Apex could be the answer.

New User
    Question, Can this be done with the WP10?

Quote Originally Posted by Xx__xX View Post
    Should work with a WP10

Quote Originally Posted by Xx__xX View Post
    I've made a dual cord for my two WP10s. Working great. Now just need to get a decent program setup for them.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by CPD1029 View Post
    That's what meant, take the board out of the box, solder the resistors on the wires that would have gone to the board and run them to the Apex.

Before the controller stopped working I could not get it to slow down enough to keep it from moving the sand off the bottom so I was hoping the Apex could be the answer.
    Update:

The Apex is the answer. I am using the Jebao controller as a project box.
    I removed the board and soldered the resistors and a Cat5 cable in like Torx (Thanks) showed in the first post except I shoved it all inside the original Jebao box and plugged it into my V3 port. Now I'm making waves and changing the pattern co-ordinated with my led's to suit the time of day,storms, etc with the Apex during the 24hr period.
    Works Great!!!

Ed

Note on the resistors. The voltage divider shown only divides the voltage in half when it is NOT connected to the control pin of the Jebao. There is also a resistance in the control port itself that is in parallel with the lower resistance, the more accurate the regulation would be. Based on the maximum load on the VDM ports and factoring in the effect of transient cable inductance, the ideal size resistors are 500 ohm resistors rated at no less than 100mW.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house. -robert heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by CPD1029 View Post
    Update:

The Apex is the answer. I am using the Jebao controller as a project box.
    I removed the board and soldered the resistors and a Cat5 cable in like Torx (Thanks) showed in the first post except I shoved it all inside the original Jebao box and plugged it into my V3 port. Now I'm making waves and changing the pattern co-ordinated with my led's to suit the time of day,storms, etc with the Apex during the 24hr period.
    Works Great!!!

Ed
    Would you be willing to share the apex code you are using?

New User
    Hi, Does anyone tried this with a Jebao DC Return Pump??

Quote Originally Posted by carlos_vzla View Post
    Hi, Does anyone tried this with a Jebao DC Return Pump??
    I have not tested myself as I am waiting on my DC 12000 to come in through a group buy

Here is a video with the modified Reef Angel cable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsRUJ9JA5FI

Frequent Visitor
    I just recieved my connectors from eBay, and will be hooking up two pumps. My jebao DC6000 and my waveline 4000 for my skimmer.

New User
    Hey guys, I am seriously thinking of swapping out my 2 Tunze 6105 pumps for 2 WP-60. I am ordering through fish-street and noticed they now offer extension cords, which we can use to make the harness. They are a little expensive at $10 each cord.

Has anyone done this on a WP-60 yet? I can probably sell my 6105 and still profit from 2 WP-60's.

Thanks

You can make a cord out of that. You just have to splice in your female jack for the power supply and you have to wire in a voltage divider with 1k ohm resistors from the vdm port. If you arent really a diy guy they sell premade cables that you just have to crimp on an rj45 connector

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast