Thread: LSM LED mounting ideas?

New User

LSM LED mounting ideas?

Hey guys. So I have a DSA 190 aquarium and 4 Kessil a360we lights with goosenecks. Since I needed a lunar light I picked up a 4 led light string and my plan was to zip tie them to each of the 4 goosenecks. It was going to be perfect. Until I realized there wasnt enough wire between the leds to reach between my lights. So here I sit figuring out how to mount these things. My tank has no canopy so im sort of at a loss here. I do have enough wire to reach each light if I stick them closer to the base of the gooseneck but I can't figure out how to secure them.

So I cant be the only person with this sort of issue. Anyone out there get creative with mounting theirs? Got pics?? I dunno, I guess as a last resort I could cut the lights appart and splice cable between them, but I think thats a last resort. Thanks!

New User
    Just cut the wire and carefully splice in more wire. Our if your good with a soldering iron disconnect the short wire from the led and add longer lengths in between.

I had the opposite problem. My wires were to long to I just coiled up the wires inside the little black housings.

If you do cut the wires don't forget about shrink wrap and keep the polarities correct.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

New User
    Thanks. The more I look at it, the more I think im going to just splice more wire in and heat shrink the connections. Appreciate the input!

New User
    So I ended up splicing in an aditional 3ft of 18 gauge wire between each light. Bullet connectors and heat shrink. Works like a champ. Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
    Going to try splicing it. Did it work long term?

Frequent Visitor
    I spliced it and it works perfectly. Now just need to figure out moon settings and how to enter them lol...