Thread: Read me first - common Dashboard problems

Read me first - common Dashboard problems

Misc. notes and comments on the Dashboard:

1. #1 Problem: Failure to completely update the web pages after doing the 4.20 firmware update!
    2. Make sure you clear your browser's cache after first updating to 4.20. Here's how by browser: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
    3. The Dashboard doesn't work at all with IE version 8. Minimum version of IE required is 9. If you must have IE, Google 'chrome frame' and 'activex mjpeg IE plugin'.
    4. MJPEG Streaming video is not supported on IE. The best you will get is 1 frame as a still image. This is a Microsoft issue. User Firefox, Chrome or Safari instead if you need video.
    5. Security controls in IE can prevent the Dashboard from appearing - try setting all security and security zones to default values, then restart IE.
    6. Do not use a '?', '&' or other special characters in your stream URL string - it will prevent the Dashboard from being saved. If you must use those characters then consider using TinyURL to create a new URL string based off your complete, working, complex URL that does not contain any special characters.
    7. Make sure you can access Javascript with your browser by going to this website: http://javatester.org/javascript.html
    8. There's a known issue with Chrome that was created by Google on 10/5/13 where some video streams won't appear locally but will if remote. See this post for details: http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...ll=1#post14558 This issue seems to come and go - Google will fix it then break it on the next update.
    Last edited by aquamanic; 01-18-2014 at 14:05.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.