Thread: New Apex Controller soon to be available

New Apex Controller soon to be available

PRESS RELEASE

Neptune Systems, LLC
    Morgan Hill, CA

NEPTUNE SYSTEMS ANNOUNCES THE NEXT GENERATION OF APEX AQUACONTROLLER

Neptune Systems is pleased to announce the revolutionary new UBER-APEX controller.

The UBER-APEX builds upon the heritage of the previous 4 generations of award-winning Neptune controllers, but introduces a radical new approach to aquarium automation: voice recognition and artificial intelligence. We call it Niri. (It seems that Siri was already taken.) The UBER-APEX understands 137 languages, including Spanglish, ancient Minoan, Gullah, and for those of you who have a penchant for viewing the APEX Fusion web site in Swahili, we support that too. Just start a conversation with the UBER-APEX, and through a series of guided voice prompts, Niri will listen to you explain how you want to operate your lights, your pumps, etc., then translate that into the necessary programming commands for you. UBER-APEX uses voiceprint technologies to determine who is an authorized user. Niri will also alert you if something is wrong. Initially, Niri will offer warnings in a calm, even sexy voice. Sharon Stone lent her voice for this. But if Niri does not receive vocal acknowledgement from an authorized user within 5 minutes, the voice alerts will increase in volume and use increasingly attention-getting voices as needed to get a response. If no one acknowledges alerts within 15 minutes, Niri will shout warnings in the voice of Fran Drescher at a volume level equivalent to that of a B-52 on a low-altitude bombing run.

The UBER-APEX is fully backward-compatible with all existing APEX Aquabus modules. However, an entire new series of UBER-APEX Aquabus modules will be coming soon. Just a few we have planned for release later this year:

· DJM – The DJ Module will control advanced LED lighting fixtures in changes colors and strobe in sync with your favorite disco and hip-hop tunes. iTunes and iCloud integration is a core part of this functionality, or you can load all of your favorite songs in MP3 or AAC formats to the 5TB of solid-state storage in the DJM. A multi-gesture touchpad on the DJM enables you to easily do turntablist actions like scratching and beat juggling. We want your fish to be happy wild party animals! A special mode is available (only in December per the season table) which only plays bad covers of traditional Christmas tunes by country artists. And it syncs with the natural lunar cycle to facilitate spawning – for three days around full moon, it plays a special mix of tunes from Barry White, Enigma, Larry Graham, and Annie Lennox to help your clownfish “get it on.”
    · WRS – The Water Recycling System module is an all-in-one ATO, AWC, and tank water & skimmate collection/reprocessing system which continuously takes dirty tank water and skimmate and turns it into crystal clear laboratory-grade purified water, and recovers and re-adds salt which would otherwise be lost through traditional water changes and the discard of skimmate. No more waterchanges! No more RO-DI units! No more stuck float switches! No more getting yelled at for dumping skimmate down the kitchen sink and causing family members to uncontrollably retch upon walking into the kitchen for the next hour!
    · MPS – The Multiple Probe System performs an impressive array of measurements: temperature, salinity, pH, ORP, dissolved oxygen, calcium, alkalinity, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, iodine, DOCs, TDS, cholesterol, glucose, testosterone, and lastly, for those of you who share your stash with your fish: cannabinol levels.

Pricing and availability to be announced at a later date.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Nice ! I want one ! Can i get it tonight and with blue pinstripe ?

Frequent Contributor
    Al,

Sounds cool and all but I can see some issues when you have a cold and all for voice command, but the question that I have can we use the WRS or MPS on our existing Apex and if not ....and I know you don't work for Neptune but would they offer a trade in value or anything to that effect?

Thanks Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    Pricing and availability to be announced at a later date.
    Just like Neptune to tease people with something that's not available yet. I suppose the beta will be out "in a couple months"?

I will offer my 2 cents for your trade in but only if you deliver to my door in Montreal, Canada .

Regular Vistor
    April 1 ?

Really ?? Sorry i thought this was serious stuff !

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by qpurser View Post
    April 1 ?

Good call that is what is exactly...hahahahahahahaha

Good one Al.

Thanks Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Naaaa....

New User
    Pitty the controller can't speak to my dolphins...

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Poor me !

Sound like a Very Happy April Fool's day

Good one Al.
    Not me - credit goes to Russ, that's his masterpiece!
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Nice try April fool.

Frequent Visitor
    Glad this was an April Fools.....bc one of the reason i do this hobby is to get peace-n-quiet away from the wife and kids. i'm alrady being told what to do around the house, last thing i need is a controller telling me what to do.

Regular Vistor
    I am sure that the new controller will be Siri aware. Just ask Siri about your tank status and Siri will check Fusion and give you a full report.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ejwan View Post
    I am sure that the new controller will be Siri aware. Just ask Siri about your tank status and Siri will check Fusion and give you a full report.
    Siri would says, "Your tank is 97 degrees and all your fish and coral are dead.....Have a nice day." bingbing.

Regular Vistor
    No doubt Siri would have preceded that with a bloodcurdling scream! (can Siri scream? )

But this being Apex I would have been pestered to distraction with emails and sms messages long before then.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by skimjim View Post
    Siri would says, "Your tank is 97 degrees and all your fish and coral are dead.....Have a nice day." bingbing.
    Reminds me of a Siri incident the other day. I was out in our warehouse at work the other day, discussing a part with my boss. He had his iPhone is his shirt pocket. We were bending over discussing a part on a pallet and when he stood back up, the distinct Siri voice came from his pocket: "It is often said that a dog is man's best friend." bingbing

We just stared at each other for while until I asked, "What exactly did we say that got *that* response?" Still haven't figured it out.

Did somebody say Cannabis?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by ejwan View Post
    No doubt Siri would have preceded that with a bloodcurdling scream! (can Siri scream? )

But this being Apex I would have been pestered to distraction with emails and sms messages long before then.
    Love it.

Frequent Visitor
    Joking not funny...lol