Thread: Posting Screen Shots

Posting Screen Shots

As the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Screen shots are immensely valuable here, and those of us who regularly help other Apex owners here truly appreciate them as it makes it much easier to help in so many cases. However, it seems lately that many people are posting screen shots of their full desktop, which often makes it hard to see the information of interest; and in some cases, the pertinent part of the screen shot cannot even be read, especially when the user trying to see the images is using a mobile device. Some users have even captured and posted the full display of two monitors. So, we ask that forum users optimize their screen shots before posting them. The best way to do this is to only capture the applicable part of the desktop display. If you cannot select just the necessary part of your display, please crop the images before posting.

For Windows:

For Mac:

Please help us help you better by being selective with your screen shots. Sometimes, Less is More!

For posting of outlet programs though - please just copy and paste them as text if you can - in this case, screen shots are not ideal - the plain text is better.

Thank you,

Your Forum Staff
    Last edited by RussM; 04-09-2014 at 18:11.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.