Thread: iPhone App now not working

Frequent Visitor

iPhone App now not working

After Neptune did a massive rebuild of my system I am having to reconfigure everything and almost done. I had some networkig issues as well and they added :9998 to the end of my network IP for remote access. I have no issues on a PC or the iphone when accesing via the internet using my IP address followed by :9998/nstatus.sht

I have tried multiple ways of entering this into my iPhone app but no luck. Should I enter the IP addres just as I would when trying to acces via the PC and internet with the :9998? Previously I had to put Port 80 in there as well, now I ame not sure what to put there. I have left it at 80, tried the 9998 and neither work.

Any suggestions?

In the host field, enter only the hostname or ip address - no http:// & no port number. The port number goes in the port field
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I cant seem to find answers and do not know how to take a screen shot and post it... I cannot get my Iphone setup I went to "http:/whats my IP address: and it came up with a different one that I found on my pc but neither one works and it just times out after 25 secs and have never got it up on phone
    feel like I am fairly computer literate but this system makes me feel really inadequate.. I wish I could find someone maybe in the area(Wisconsin) to talk face to face or even come to the house to get me going , I would even be willing to pay for that

New User
    Can someone tell what I need to type into the 'setup' page?

If I put the 192.168.0.1.18 (the apex) in the 'Host' I can access the apex when on wifi, but away from my wifi I cant log on.

you need to configure port forwarding.

easier is to just use Fusion and bookmark it. No port forwarding required.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Frequent Visitor
    Just got a new iPhone and wanted to copy my setup from the Apex iphone app but cannot seem to figure out how to view all the setup details on my old iphone? I can click edit or add but neither give me the setup details of the one I have working. Is there a way to view this?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Easttech View Post
    Just got a new iPhone and wanted to copy my setup from the Apex iphone app but cannot seem to figure out how to view all the setup details on my old iphone? I can click edit or add but neither give me the setup details of the one I have working. Is there a way to view this?

Thanks.
    Tap the blue arrow icon to the right of the Apex on the main screen; you should then see the IP address/hostname, port, etc.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you Russ!

I tried everything except that

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Tap the blue arrow icon to the right of the Apex on the main screen; you should then see the IP address/hostname, port, etc.