Thread: Using dropbox image n Public folder

Frequent Visitor

Using dropbox image n Public folder

I'm having some issues viewing a dropbox image located in the public folder throughout fusion.

Below is the dropbox link(new tank):
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxz82pjhq...YxWSqGBcxYUu5a

My dropbox account was created after dropbox offered a default public folder so I create a "Public" folder myself and copied the pic. I want to display and shared it.

In fusion I added the pictured and all I see is a placeholder for the pic on the main page.

I've searched for previous posts but have not been able to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Joboo; 06-15-2014 at 16:53. Reason: updated url

Did you just create a folder called Public and share it is if it were any other folder, or did you use the link in the Creating a Public folder section on this page? https://www.dropbox.com/help/16

A shared folder and a true Public folder are different.... an image to be displayed in Fusion must be in a genuine Public folder. Go to your dropbox folder on your computer and locate the image file. Right-click - there will either be an option called Share Dropbox Link -or- one called Copy Public Link. If the former, then your "Public" folder is not truly a Public folder.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I figured it out. For those folks who created a Dropbox account after 10/4/12, you do NOT have a true public folder by default. To enable public folder, You need to follow the following article:
    https://www.dropbox.com/help/16

Then you can move files into the public folder and will see the the option to Copy Public link so it can then be pasted into fusion.

Note that is says that you must upgrade to DropBox Pro - a paid account - in order to enable a Public folder if you don't have one by virtue of having an older account which included a Public folder.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for your help Russ!

Regular Vistor
    I still can't get a jpg to load. Followed all the above steps. Is there a size limit?

Regular Vistor
    Well I finally got it to work using my desktop browser. I had been using the ipad safari and that just didn't work.

Regular Vistor
    Maybe I need to use the desktop too

New User
    Are Dropbox photos still appearing in fusion dashboard? From the Dropbox help center:
    "Dropbox Pro and Business users: Beginning September 1, 2017, you can no longer render HTML content and the Public folder and its sharing functionality will be disabled"

That change eliminating Public folders does not go into effect until next year.

New User
    I've got a paid subscription to Dropbox and I can't get any of the suggestions to work - either on my phone (Android) or Desktop. Will try Photobucket or something else/similar when I have some time. Very frustrating.