Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto RO/DI Setup

Frequent Visitor
    I found my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    How could/would I flush the system before it completely shut off?

This assumes a 30 second flush at the end.

In the RO outlet add the line

Defer 000:30 Then OFF

Make a VO

EndFlush
    Set OFF
    If ROHigh = OPEN Then ON
    If Outlet RO = OFF Then OFF

Then add the line below to the flush outlet

If Outlet EndFlush = ON Then ON

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you Zombie, I appreciate your help. I could not have done it without you.

To summarize, as a reference to anyone reading this thread here is my complete programing for my RODI.

My RODI has two float switches, one at the top ROHigh and one at the bottom ROLow. The idea is that RODI will automatically be made when the water gets low and will fill all the way up. In addition to this, the system will flush at the beginning and end process and every hour while it being made.

There are 3 Actual Outlets (the numbers are the outlet number for the EnergyBar for easy reference)
    RODI_ON_4 (Switch to turn on system)
    RO_BOOSTER_5 (Booster Pump)
    RODI_FLUSH (Valve to Flush System)

There are 3 Virtual Outlets
    FlushTime (Flushes system at beginning or Process)
    FlushOSC (Flushes system while water is being made)
    EndFlush (Flushes system at the end)

Here is the programing for each outlet
    RODI_ON_4
    Fallback OFF
    If ROLow CLOSED Then ON
    If ROHigh OPEN Then OFF
    Defer 001:30 Then OFF

RO_BOOSTER_5
    Set OFF
    If Outlet RODI_ON_4 = ON Then ON
    If Outlet RODI_ON_4 = OFF Then OFF

RODI_FLUSH_8
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Outlet FlushTime = ON Then OFF
    If Outlet FlushOSC = ON Then ON
    If Outlet EndFlush = ON Then ON

FlushTime
    Set OFF
    Defer 001:30 Then ON

FlushOSC
    OSC 000:30/000:15/059:45 Then ON
    If Outlet FlushTime = OFF Then OFF

EndFlush
    Set OFF
    If ROHigh OPEN Then ON
    If Outlet RODI_ON_4 = OFF Then OFF

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    How do you control the flush function, with a solenoid? And where is it positioned, on the output of the RO membrane?

I'd like to do this rather than spend $50+ on the auto flush kit.

Frequent Visitor
    The programming I use is above. I placed to solenoid to flush the system in the line for the waste. I have a Y for the pressure cylinder so when the solenoid is open the pressure cylinder is bypassed and the system flushes.

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Russ View Post
    The programming I use is above. I placed to solenoid to flush the system in the line for the waste. I have a Y for the pressure cylinder so when the solenoid is open the pressure cylinder is bypassed and the system flushes.

I see, so it's like a manual flush-kit except with a solenoid instead of a ball valve.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, exactly.

Replace the manual flush with a solenoid and use/adjust the programming above to meet your needs.

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    Yes, exactly.

Replace the manual flush with a solenoid and use/adjust the programming above to meet your needs.

Set OFF
    If Outlet RO_System = ON Then ON
    Defer 001:30 Then ON

Shouldn't it be Min Time 001:30 Then ON ? Assuming this is a 'normally closed' solenoid.

Nope. That was intentionally a defer. That VO uses inverse logic because it is called out as an ON Then OFF

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Nope. That was intentionally a defer. That VO uses inverse logic because it is called out as an ON Then OFF
    I have a normally closed solenoid as a flush; also my booster pump is on the same outlet as my other solenoid which controls my RO unit. Could I use a min time instead? And use if outlet ON Then ON

The entire code is based on the assumption that you have a normally closed solenoid. I would just keep it like it was hsown in post 29

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    The entire code is based on the assumption that you have a normally closed solenoid. I would just keep it like it was hsown in post 29
    I see; I was missing the part where the flush solenoid is tied to the RO outlet - so that VO serves to stop the flush function. Thanks again.

Frequent Visitor
    I had a bad experience with the last Firmware update that forced me to delete and reinstall the EB-8 Module that manages my RODI unit. Since that update, my code is no longer functioning as it once did. The full code is above, but I have shutoff the Virtual outlets to eliminate and potential issues. In its most simple form, the unit should turn on when ROLow is open and turn off when ROHigh is closed. It IS turning on when ROLow is open, but shutting off when ROLow closes.

It is very frustrating.

Any Thoughts? See code and screen shotes below.

CODE:

RODI_ON_4
    Fallback OFF
    If ROLow CLOSED Then ON
    If ROHigh OPEN Then OFF
    Defer 001:30 Then OFF

Manual On of RODI Outlet

Manual On.jpg

Auto for RODI Outlet

Auto OFF.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    I'm Just getting ready to hook up my system and this was the 1st thing I was going to setup. I was excited to see this thread, then bummed at the end to see you're having problems. I'm sorry I can't help and hope you get it sorted out quickly.

I have pretty much the same ro/di you have, except I do not need a booster pump. I'd like to control it with the addition of another solenoid to take care of TDS creep at startup. Right now I have a 3-way valve after the ro membranes to bypass the di for a couple minutes after the initial flush. I'm thinking I'm going to need a 3-way solenoid to handle this. Once you're back up and running do you think you could give me some pointers?

Frequent Visitor
    This programming has worked perfect for months. I think I need to remove and re-install my PM2. This is a result of my firmware update issue. I'm hoping someone smarter than me will chime in too.

Frequent Visitor
    I haven't hooked mine up yet other than some initial testing. But I have been doing a lot of reading. I've seen it posted that firmware updates occasionally cause corruption. I think you're might be on the right track. Hopefully you won't have to reset the whole system.
    I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm also looking to set this up to prevent di creep. What solenoid do you recommend

Classic User
    Have any of you determined how long to bypass your reservoir to eliminate TDS creep when your RO starts up? Is anyone monitoring, or thought about monitoring TDS as the basis for shutting off the bypass or is everyone just using a timer for control?

Maybe the new sensor interface will enable us to monitor and threshold TDS????

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    Maybe the new sensor interface will enable us to monitor and threshold TDS????
    If suitably calibrated, a conductivity probe can do this.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Classic User
    RussM,
    I had not thought of that. Do you mean calibrating for TDS instead of for Salinity? Do our conductivity probe sensors cover the range we would need for measuring pretty low TDS levels that would be in the 1's to 10's of ppm for monitoring the TDS creep and have the sensitivity for monitoring it while it drops to 0 ppm or to just a couple of ppm?

Do you think Neptune Systems would be willing to come up with the calibration procedure for this? This could be a real boon to us users for improving our ATO quality using Apex to suppress TDS creep by controlling an RO bypass valve based on the actual TDS level at RO startup. This would also offer us recurring value by extending the life of our post RO media such as DI and silica removal media.

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    Do you think Neptune Systems would be willing to come up with the calibration procedure for this?
    See the Conductivity Range topic in the PM2 manual.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by marksw View Post
    I'm also looking to set this up to prevent di creep. What solenoid do you recommend
    I use Polypropylene Normally Closed 1/4" I purchased all my solenoids and float valves from this company and they are reasonably priced and they have great service. http://www.autotopoff.com/Solenoids/index.html

I ONLY use Madison Float valves, it is worth the extra money to not have issues.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    See the Conductivity Range topic in the PM2 manual.
    I had no idea this was possible. I have a small TDS issue (15ppm after DI). I guess I am going to have to get a probe and conductivity monitor. I already have a PM2 at my mix tank. What I will need to find is a floating probe holder. I so WISH I read the PM2 manual or someone had told me about this

I need to buy stock in APEX. I spend a TON OF $$$ on their equipment. I just got my second WAV yesterday.

HERE IS A SCREENSHOT FROM THE PM2 MANUAL
    Conductivity Probe.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    I use Polypropylene Normally Closed 1/4" I purchased all my solenoids and float valves from this company and they are reasonably priced and they have great service. http://www.autotopoff.com/Solenoids/index.html

I ONLY use Madison Float valves, it is worth the extra money to not have issues.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast