Thread: Apex timing out and very slow

New User

Apex timing out and very slow

I have bought my apex a year and 3 months ago. I loved the flexibility and the accessibility it provide. Web and iPhone web server performance was slow. About 2 months ago, I upgraded to 4.20 firmware, now I have a constant timing out, it doesn't matter I accessing it from web or the iPhone. I have to constantly resetting it. My biggest problem was yesterday when the apex was not responding and my pumps with everything else where shut down. I am out of the country and I had to walk my wife reset it and then I started the system up. The apex and everything else is running on apc ups battery backup which gives me 3 hours of run time. Just to cover that part, I didn't loose electricity.

Well, today the system is still running but the apex is timing out all day and I have no idea how things running. I had to wait about 2 hoarse until I got one reading and then timing out again. It is so frustrating. Am I the only one with this timing out issues? Did anybody has the apex freezing ( if I might say that)?
    one last thing, the don't get the graphs on Either my web browser and iPhone. I did clear the cache and I even installed another browser just for testing. I even used my wife's laptop to test and same result. It is so frustrating.

to Neptune systems
    please let me know what to do, everything running on your controller and I hate to loose thousands of dollars and my system that I love for a controller failure. Please contact me ASAP to find out what's is going on my apex why it not working as it suppose to. My email is [email protected]

Thank you in advance
    issa

Are the issues only when accessing the Apex while away, or do you see the same when at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - please pardon my brevity.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I had them right after installing the new firmware. But since I was around, I will just reset the controller and check the Neptune website for any updates. The freezing is a first, lol, with my luck it happened while i am away. But since I am traveling, it is very frustrating trying to connect to see how the system doing and I cannot.

New User

My system is doing the same. I have intermittent access at home or in the road. I thought I needed a new router, maybe not.

New User
    You don't need a new router. I went through all probable troubleshooting. I can understand that the response of the controller is slow due to its size and the processor but timing out is not acceptable. It is either a problem with the hardware ( the build-in web server) or the programming. I would like to know how many people like us, this will help Neptune systems to fix it. Tanks for your reply.

New User

I had a similar issue when I set mine up a month ago... I cured most of it by raising the "network timeout" setting in the app... it's default is 10 seconds (I think) if you allow it more time to try to connect, your timeout rates will drop because if everything IS working properly, it will eventually connect. I have mine set at 25 seconds. HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Issa2k5 View Post
    I can understand that the response of the controller is slow due to its size and the processor but timing out is not acceptable. It is either a problem with the hardware ( the build-in web server) or the programming. I would like to know how many people like us, this will help Neptune systems to fix it.
    Your generalized assumption is incorrect. There are MANY MANY factors that can impact performance, many of them being network-related. I have no issues at all accessing my Apex locally with PC, Mac, or iOS devices. And when I'm away (which is frequent), I only have issues ocassionally, and when I do have trouble with the iPhone app for example, I also have trouble accessing other things on the Internet... indicating that the problem is not with the Apex.

Your symptoms as described are not normal or typical. Contact tech support directly via email: [email protected].

New User
    I agree there are many factors, but I have no issues with my network. I am a network engineer and I can tell if it is a network issue or device issue. It is the apex that have issues, timing out constantly while all other network devices are working fine. I did contact tech support and I hope they can figure out what's the problem. Regarding increasing the network timeout suggestion, that was the first thing I did which made things easier but the issue persist.

I will update the board when tech support get back to me and hopefully resolves the issue.

Issa

Frequent Visitor
    I was having the same problem yesterday. Just updated to 4.2 yesterday also
    Didn't matter which browser i used or the android app

New User
    Even with a direct cable connection between my laptop and the Apex, pages are unbelievably slow to load. It is becoming unusable and has become worse with each newer firmware version over the past 3 years. I am lucky if the newer "flash" includes ever load.

<!--#include file="FLASH:header.inc" -->
    <!--#include file="FLASH:menu.inc" -->

Telnet access is always very quick. It always seems to be a problem with the embedded web server in the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Issa2k5 View Post
    I agree there are many factors, but I have no issues with my network. I am a network engineer and I can tell if it is a network issue or device issue. It is the apex that have issues, timing out constantly while all other network devices are working fine. I did contact tech support and I hope they can figure out what's the problem. Regarding increasing the network timeout suggestion, that was the first thing I did which made things easier but the issue persist.

I will update the board when tech support get back to me and hopefully resolves the issue.

Issa

Classic User
    Please keep the rest of us users posted on what you find to be the cause of these problems. They can happen to any of us at any time. Forewarned is forearmed. This is an important way that we all help each other. ...sharing the problems we encounter, their diagnoses and their final resolution.

I do hope you come to resolution on this quickly. Good luck,
    fab

Regular Vistor
    I get a timeout only when trying to update an outlets program..

New User
    Hi all,

I am also having the same issue - really frustrating when you can't turn your return pump back on manually after a feed.

Was there any resolution from Neptune for this?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pauljcooke View Post
    Hi all,

I am also having the same issue - really frustrating when you can't turn your return pump back on manually after a feed.

Was there any resolution from Neptune for this?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Given the age of the original post, I doubt the poster is still here to update. I suggest you either submit a new thread in the forum and/or contact neptune support directly