Thread: Owner removal

New User

Question Owner removal

I have just purchased an Apex unit from a fellow reefer, however I still have him down as an owner. Can I erase him off of the system, if so how?

If he's the owner, only he can deregister his controller - otherwise there'd be all sorts of nefarious activity going on!

If he can't or won't then contact support. You'll have to initialize your controller.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    If he's the owner, only he can deregister his controller - otherwise there'd be all sorts of nefarious activity going on!

If he can't or won't then contact support. You'll have to initialize your controller.
    the original owner cannot deregister the controller nor does reinitializing the controller remove the original owner from Fusion. I have the same issue and Neptune Support response to me was that the issue is known but low on the priority list (during the Beta). So in the meantime if I "didn't trust the original owner" I could just remove my controller from Fusion and used the legacy interface...It still isn't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury165 View Post
    the original owner cannot deregister the controller
    ...It still isn't fixed.
    This is outdated info and is no longer correct. There is a Delete capability which was added a while back.

On the Apex list, tap or click the gear icon for an Apex of which you are the owner. There will be a Delete option on the drop down.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    This is outdated info and is no longer correct. There is a Delete capability which was added a while back.

On the Apex list, tap or click the gear icon for an Apex of which you are the owner. There will be a Delete option on the drop down.
    Russ, have you been able to do remedy this issue yourself by doing this?

I know you can delete the unit (the original owner did do this ifI am not mistaken, but with no luck and NS gave him the same resolution as they told me. However, will doing this disassociate the original owner from unit and remove them from the user list when you re add the unit? I don't know if deleting the unit alone fixes this issue and I'm not about to do that unless I have clarification from NS - I've opened a ticket with them asking for clarification.

Yep, the process works fine - I've done it several times.

After the Apex is is deleted and therefore unlinked on the Fusion side, the Apex will show Fusion Communication Error for a bit. It may take several minutes before the classic Dashboard tile shows the ability to Link the Apex again. This can be expedited simply by rebooting the Apex.

When an Apex is deleted, EVERYTHING about that Apex is purged within APEX Fusion. After the Apex is linked to a different Fusion account, the original owner will not have any access to or visibility of that Apex.

BTW - I've verified all this by using two accounts. The little devil that sits on my shoulder lets me use his
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Also - doing an Initialize All of an Apex will unlink it from APEX Fusion.

New User

After the Apex is is deleted and therefore unlinked on the Fusion side, the Apex will show Fusion Communication Error for a bit. It may take several minutes before the classic Dashboard tile shows the ability to Link the Apex again. This can be expedited simply by rebooting the Apex.

When an Apex is deleted, EVERYTHING about that Apex is purged within APEX Fusion. After the Apex is linked to a different Fusion account, the original owner will not have any access to or visibility of that Apex.

BTW - I've verified all this by using two accounts. The little devil that sits on my shoulder lets me use his
    hey Russ, NS responded with same advice as you posted, thanks for pointing this out - I just did it and it worked! was only checking to see if the delete feature in the security tab had been updated....wonder what else I haven't noticed. Is there a master change log somewhere that keeps track of new features and or bug fixes?

If you read the release notes, you'd see that they say that there are now release notes on the APEX Fusion site. Sorry - I couldn't resist

In APEX Fusion, click your username in the upper right: you'll see Release Notes on the dropdown.

New User
    If you read the release notes, you'd see that they say that there are now release notes on the APEX Fusion site. Sorry - I couldn't resist

In APEX Fusion, click your username in the upper right: you'll see Release Notes on the dropdown.
    I have checked there previously on my ipad and all I get is the 16 page TOU. Just did it on my MacBook and now I see the notes... Looks like I've been fat fingering the options with my thumb

Thanks again

New User
    Sorry, new to this and not sure I follow (have the same issue, previous owner listed).
    1) I have changed login, can he still get on?
    2) He shows up, I click gears next to his name but can't delete him.
    3) In order to get the link code for Apex, I did Initialize All/reboot.

If he logs in, will he still see the controller? I guess he will. So he can click next to it and delete it? If he does, it will still be there for me right?

Thanks,

Brice

New User

So just to be clear

Will all the programming of the actual apex be left intact?

and....

"everything purged" means just that? All the logging like pH, temp, Ca, Alk etc and additions of livestock in the notes etc will be lost?

All I need to do is change the "owner" status from myself to a new client. Any other work around?

TIA,

TR

Quote Originally Posted by TankRazr View Post
    Will all the programming of the actual apex be left intact?
    Yes

All the logging like pH, temp, Ca, Alk etc and additions of livestock in the notes etc will be lost?
    Automatically-logged probe values will remain stored inside the Apex in the datalogs. Any notes or test results entered via the APEX Fusion user interface will be lost.

New User
    Russ,

You are the man! Thank you for the prompt response.

I know the thread was a little old but didn't want to start a new thread. Thought it was best to put my question here.

I wonder if there is anything in the works as far as a feature request regarding backing up that user entered info?

TR

New User
    Im original owner and for some reason my IP change in DHCP so I deleted the entree in Fusion and regenerated my token reconnect Ok but lost 2 years of notes I kept in Fusion. Are those notes in memory in controller or in fusion or lost?

Because you deleted the Apex from Fusion, your notes were also deleted.

Your Apex getting a new IP address should not have resulted in a need to delete the Apex. I don't understand why you did so.

Regular Vistor
    I will be getting a system from another reefer on Saturday. For now he's given me manager access to his Apex that is currently up and running. Exactly how do we go about transferring ownership without losing any stored data or logs?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LJC6780 View Post
    I will be getting a system from another reefer on Saturday. For now he's given me manager access to his Apex that is currently up and running. Exactly how do we go about transferring ownership without losing any stored data or logs?
    That is not an option.

However, I once did a Initialize All on my Apex, which wiped the unit clean. When I set the unit backup, Fusion recognized it as a new unit, not as the old. I was then able to transfer everything over to it by going to the Apex List screen, clicking the yellow/orange gear box and selecting 'Adopt Data'. I never found this procedure documented anywhere though. I did this in July 2016.

I *think* that if you backup the Apex configuration, do the restore, reconnect to Fusion as a new device, adopt the data, then restore the configuration, it should work. But I cannot guarantee that this will work because again it is not a documented procedure.

- - - Updated - - -

Your other option...assuming this was the other person's only setup, you can just assume his login. Click the drop down under the user name and then change the name, email, address and password. I do not believe you can change the user name though.

Regular Vistor
    That's what I was afraid of. I'll see if he just wants to change info and hand over the user name.. that seems to be the easiest fix. You'd think you could just pick from listed user names and select "owner" for one on the list. Seems like it would just take a bit of reprogramming to add in that option. You can already select a user level.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LJC6780 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. I'll see if he just wants to change info and hand over the user name.. that seems to be the easiest fix. You'd think you could just pick from listed user names and select "owner" for one on the list. Seems like it would just take a bit of reprogramming to add in that option. You can already select a user level.
    That would be the obvious solution. Just pick it in the list and maybe for security require the current owner to enter his/her password and then the new owner to enter his/her password. I realize they cant launch that over a working lunch, but most of the infrastructure is already there.

Regular Vistor
    He just gave me his user name and I changed the info to mine. Now to figure it all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User

Fusion Not Connected after Firmware 5A17 update

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 10.52.42 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.27.03 PM.jpg

I've been having a "Fusion Communication Error" since the A17 firmware upgrade. On the classic dashboard it shows the Aquacontroller version grayed out but it is the new firmware. I've updated the firmware multiple times, as well as the webpages (after restart), checked the DNS, Gateway, DHCP is on but still no connection for months.

I was just going to delete the Apex from Fusion and start again. I have done all of the programming in the Classic dashboard. Will I lose all of that??

Thanks,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edcarter79 View Post
    Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 10.52.42 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.27.03 PM.jpg

I've been having a "Fusion Communication Error" since the A17 firmware upgrade. On the classic dashboard it shows the Aquacontroller version grayed out but it is the new firmware. I've updated the firmware multiple times, as well as the webpages (after restart), checked the DNS, Gateway, DHCP is on but still no connection for months.

I was just going to delete the Apex from Fusion and start again. I have done all of the programming in the Classic dashboard. Will I lose all of that??

Thanks,

Ed
    You won't lose any of your programming unless you factory reset the unit. There is no harm you can do by disabling fusion and reenabling it.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.