Thread: Programming examples for FeedA and your Vortech pumps

Regular Vistor

Programming examples for FeedA and your Vortech pumps

Hi All
    I am looking for some examples of how you are programming your MP-10, MP-40, MP-60 during Feed mode.

I can seem to figure it out. I have two MP-40's and I want to turn down their speeds during feeding.

Thanks for your help

create a Vortech profile, constant mode, intensity < 20%. Name it whatever you want.

during feed modes, invoke that profile...like

If FeedA 000 Then PF1

The pump will be blinking white and running 50% of it's stated minimum speed.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Regular Vistor
    This is exactly what I've been trying to do, but can't figure out how to make it work. Will need to figure out how/where to make this profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ShinerMaginer View Post
    This is exactly what I've been trying to do, but can't figure out how to make it work. Will need to figure out how/where to make this profile.

Click the one that looks like 3 gears that will expand out the menu. Profiles are in the one that looks like a folder.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Click the one that looks like 3 gears that will expand out the menu. Profiles are in the one that looks like a folder.

Thanks! Played around with it last night and think I have it semi-figured out.

Regular Vistor
    Any idea why the 2nd run of Feed Mode A wouldn't work the same was as the first one? It turns on at 9am and 5pm, as programmed in Fusion. The 9am run turns everything off and runs the Vortechs in feed mode as programmed, but nothing happens except for the feeder running for the 5pm feed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinerMaginer View Post
    Any idea why the 2nd run of Feed Mode A wouldn't work the same was as the first one? It turns on at 9am and 5pm, as programmed in Fusion. The 9am run turns everything off and runs the Vortechs in feed mode as programmed, but nothing happens except for the feeder running for the 5pm feed.
    Can't help you without seeing your code.

Regular Vistor
    I'm trying this and I can't seem to make it work. I have my profile currently at 30% Constant Vortech and all 4 vortech pumps (2x MP60, 2x MP40) have the advanced programming if feedA then VF_1 (the profile name for the vortech feeds). My problem is the pumps are completely shut down and I'd like them to be running at minimum possible speed. Do I just keep upping the percentage until they keep running at the minimum speed during the feed cycle?

Regular Vistor
    Nevermind on this. I guess something happened in the advanced programming of the pumps - it changed my code from "if FeedA then VF_1" to "if FeedA then Off". restoring to the VF_1 to the then statement and changing the profile to 21% seems to have fixed the problem. I have no idea what would have caused the programming to change. Perhaps the first run at 10% was too low so the Fusion automatically updated itself to off instead of VF_1.

By the way - if your looking to shut down vortechs completely during a feed cycle and do have a battery backup - the statement "if FeedA then Off" does work within the vortech advanced configuration (not the EB8 outlet). The pumps do completely shut down without pulling from the battery backup.