Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little info on an Apex?

New User
    Hey guys, new to the forum and have a quick inquiry about the capabilities of the Apex. We all know that if you change the flow rate of your return pump without changing the position of your gate/ball valve for your drain, the water level in the overflow box will change, potentially creating an annoying noise/gurgle. What I thought might be interesting is to use an electric gate valve (seen on pools) in association with the Apex controller to automatically change the opening of the drain with the change in the flow rate of the pump. I was thinking that the best method would be to measure minimum and maximum flow rates and have them correspond with openings of the electric gate valve, thereby creating two points on a graph. Then, I could interpolate a linear line between the two points and a linear formula could be created, where any change in flow rate (input) would lead to a change in gate valve opening (output). Is it possible to input a formula like this into the Apex system to create this kind of effect that would eliminate the need to constantly have to adjust the gate valve manually? Thanks guys!

It is not possible to input a formula like this into the Apex system however you come up with a way to use a motorized valve if you are creative.

New User
    A system of float switches would work also, one that is higher than the other. If the flow rate were to change, depending on which switch is triggered in which order, the valve would know to then open or close until the switches were back in their initial positions.

Frequent Visitor
    It sounds like your valve needs some type of proportional signal, like a 4-20 mA in order to go to the correct position. I don't believe that is possible with the Apex. It simply turns on and off outlets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12