Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: There's a new WAV coming your way!

There's a new WAV coming your way!

You can now read all about the WAV, one of the great products we debuted at MACNA:

http://www.neptunesystems.com/wav/
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

Frequent Visitor
    Awesome news! So there are two spots in the 1link for 2 wav.... Is the 3rd for a return pump?

You can run three WAVs, or two WAVs and one DŌS, or one WAV and two DŌS or one WAV, one DŌS, and one <wouldn't you like to know>!

Frequent Visitor
    Does DOS require 1link or will it be included in the $350?

The DŌS comes with its own power supply and runs off of aquabus. Alternatively when 1Link releases next year, you could do away with that power supply and aquabus connection and connect it to the 1Link.

I was wondering when information would be posted about this product. Just release it after Valentines day so my wife will not be mad that I spent my extra cash on this instead of a gift for her....

Quote Originally Posted by cypherljk View Post
    I was wondering when information would be posted about this product. Just release it after Valentines day so my wife will not be mad that I spent my extra cash on this instead of a gift for her....
    Or they could release it and you could be mad at her for not getting you one for valentines day . Lol

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

This is like reading through the Sears Catalog as a kid and looking at all the toys I couldn't wait for Santa to bring. You're killin' me Terence, just killin' me.................
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Any specs available on Dos regarding line length and head height. Would it be able to pull saltwater from my basement to my tank for auto water changes? Say roughly 10 feet up.

Quote Originally Posted by rynoe View Post
    Any specs available on Dos regarding line length and head height. Would it be able to pull saltwater from my basement to my tank for auto water changes? Say roughly 10 feet up.
    They are still doing testing. Conservatively, you could assume 15ft height for pull and 15-30ft height for push. Line length is neglegable unless you are talking more than 50ft of tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by rynoe View Post
    Check out this thread... Beyond the website marketing page, most of the DOS info that is coming out is there.
    Bert

Regular Vistor
    All to happy to ditch my ecotech mp pumps!

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    All to happy to ditch my ecotech mp pumps!
    I have to be honest. I like the ecotech pumps and now that Neptune and Ecotech seem to have connectivity issue squared away I have been pretty happy. I like the small footprint in the tank that the Ecotech pumps have. The only complaint I could think of is an occasional out of balance if the wetside slips a bit or maybe a little noise especially in pulse mode but other than that I have had great results. No offense to Neptune but I am not all that excited about a cord on the inside of the tank. Why do you want to ditch your Mp's so badly?
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    I have to be honest. I like the ecotech pumps and now that Neptune and Ecotech seem to have connectivity issue squared away I have been pretty happy. I like the small footprint in the tank that the Ecotech pumps have. The only complaint I could think of is an occasional out of balance if the wetside slips a bit or maybe a little noise especially in pulse mode but other than that I have had great results. No offense to Neptune but I am not all that excited about a cord on the inside of the tank. Why do you want to ditch your Mp's so badly?
    Mine have had multi problems from leaking magnet, oval shaped magnet, to spin outs. One had less than 2 hours on it. EcoTech customer service was a nightmare and I ended up taking one unit back to point of purchase due to their customer service.

so yes, I am happy for a new player to the field in low profile pumps for the tank. I don't care about the cord in the tank, it much smaller then the cord that the dry side of the MP attaches to.

That being said, I have owned Neptune System products since being in this hobby. To date, not one issue!

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    Mine have had multi problems from leaking magnet, oval shaped magnet, to spin outs. One had less than 2 hours on it. EcoTech customer service was a nightmare and I ended up taking one unit back to point of purchase due to their customer service.

so yes, I am happy for a new player to the field in low profile pumps for the tank. I don't care about the cord in the tank, it much smaller then the cord that the dry side of the MP attaches to.

That being said, I have owned Neptune System products since being in this hobby. To date, not one issue!
    Yeah I think they will be great. I was just curious as to what happened with your vortechs. I am pretty excited about the dos system myself. I see major benefits over what is out there with those for sure.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    To much to handle... Dosing and pumps are you trying to get me in trouble with the wife? Lol can't wait

Frequent Visitor
    Any word on release date? I'm on the fence - 2 gyre or 2 WAV. Need to plan accordingly

Still planning on Spring of this year. Can't say more than that at this point. It will certainly be worth waiting for. More controllability and pump feedback than anything on the market. Easy maintenance. Great competitive price (likely 25-35% cheaper than the Gyre). Just one small wire. Magnet for up to 20mm.

Regular Vistor
    I'm more than happy to test two of these in my system.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok, I can wait till spring, if it comes in February and there is not some frenzy like the Iphone that makes it impossible to get your hands on.

I am ready to get rid of my Tunzes...

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Magnet for up to 20mm.
    You and your metric units. . For those of us that live in 'Merica thats 3/4"

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You and your metric units. . For those of us that live in 'Merica thats 3/4"
    Hmmm...the real zombie would have informed us that's 787.4 thou. Where is he, and what have you done with him?

Hmmm...the real zombie would have informed us that's 787.4 thou.
    And that when you account for fluctuations in temperature it can vary from 787.1 to as much as 787.7 thousands....
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Still planning on Spring of this year. Can't say more than that at this point. It will certainly be worth waiting for. More controllability and pump feedback than anything on the market. Easy maintenance. Great competitive price (likely 25-35% cheaper than the Gyre). Just one small wire. Magnet for up to 20mm.
    Great news! May I pre-order???

Great stuff. Also very tempted to swap out 3 MP40s on my tank if the WAV really delivers.

I like the MP40s and they work great with the Apex... i always feel there could be a bit 'more' to it all...?

Looking forward to it