Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: There's a new WAV coming your way!

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Portsie View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up a few of these for my 300g DD in wall upgrade. I currently have 4 MP40's that I was planning on running across the back glass because space is really tight at one end, while the other end is viewable.
    Anyone know of a good way to mount these to a corner overflow? Also, any suggestions on how many I would need/want in an sps heavy 72x36x30? I like a lot of flow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These pumps have a lot of flow as I was running my MP40 at 75% on my 65G (36x18x25) I have my WAV's set at max of 45% and that is more powerful then what I was getting out of my MP40...Hope this gives you an idea how much more flow the WAV has of MP40...

As how many you would need...not sure but you could start out with two or three WAV's
    Jon
    ***RIP*** to Reeftronics that has saved me more then once and was a great place to look at other peoples programming to get many ideas I use on my own tank. Thanks Russ for all the years of keeping up this great service free of charge to us users that took it for granted like me .

When are the UK versions coming

New User
    The 1-link cable is about 4 feet too short to reach where I wanted to put the 1-link module. Is Neptune selling extension cables for these?

Frequent Visitor
    I am liking my new WAVs. I ran at 100% and they will flat out push some water.

The only design item I don't like is where the power cable enters the pump (2" +/- from the back). I would prefer it to be right at the back of the unit so the wire was next to the glass.

I'm going to move them to the back wall to see how they perform. I may need 2 more in my 220

Quote Originally Posted by The-Russ View Post
    The only design item I don't like is where the power cable enters the pump (2" +/- from the back). I would prefer it to be right at the back of the unit so the wire was next to the glass.
    Press the cable down firmly into the slot on the top of the pump -there are two small bumps in the slot that kinda lock the cable in place.
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    No official pricing yet. We are running behind but we want to deliver a great product so those that can wait should be very happy, those that can't we apologize and we know there are other quality products out there you can choose from if you are so inclined not to wait. But there is no vapor here. We promised Spring and it looks like we will have these in the hands of beta testers in that timeframe. After that too many variables to give any exact timelines but be sure that you will see these out there in some peoples hands very soon.

Some fresh pics for you... vapor free...

Attachment 4413Attachment 4414
    Hey all

I saw these at MACNA this year, and they look amazing! The Neptune guys were showing us how they work and were set up in a tank. Really nice look to them, and they definitely had great flow patterns. The water displacement was also pretty incredible.

They were also showing off the new pump and return flow controller, which looks like a game-changer. I've no idea where they've announced these, but seriously sick new gear.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Press the cable down firmly into the slot on the top of the pump -there are two small bumps in the slot that kinda lock the cable in place.
    DUHHHH!!! LOL

I'll try that. That should be in the docs Neptune

Frequent Visitor
    Any idea when they'll be in stock?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    They sure look a lot bigger than the mp40's.

i dont care for the cord inside the tank

/

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Ron View Post
    They sure look a lot bigger than the mp40's.

i dont care for the cord inside the tank

/
    They are in fact smaller in overall size when one considers the giant mass and cord on the outside of the tank. Many of the pics you see do not have the pump cable snapped into the back of the pump. Once you do that and if you put them on the back wall they are really unobtrusive. But it is all about opinion on this one - and I respect yours.
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

Just ordered the kit (UK) arriving tomorrow £558.00. This is going to replace my 2 x MP10wES's and the WXM lets hope that the UK version is no different the the US Looking forward to them being setup.

Same pumps. Same tsunami. Different power cord.
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

Happy Days