Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: There's a new WAV coming your way!

Regular Vistor
    I would gladly test 1 for you guys
    Ian~

Frequent Visitor
    I want these bad with my new Red Sea REEFER tank! Hopefully pre-orders/release is close to when the tank actually comes

Guys, I can't say anything more about it, but I just left the office of the head engineer on this project where he demo'd the latest on the prototype. Let me tell you that the amount of power consumption compared to the flow on this baby is amazing. I also got to see one other major, industry first feature in action that we have not even revealed yet to the public. This is going to be quite an amazing flow making device.
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

Regular Vistor
    Seems like a great product.

One question (( and part of the reason I like the Vortechs )), will there be any covers/sponges for them? I keep anemones, and don't like running any powerhead without some sort of cover/sponge for the intake. I have had a partially shredded S. haddoni take out a few fish from a close call with an uncovered powerhead.

I would assume not right away. But remember, until a specific one is available, you can always zip tie a thin filter sponge around the intake.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    I'm kinda excited about these. I will be selling my tunzes and hopefully upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Will there be a nano version of these eventually? I have a 30 gallon tank and run 2 MP10s.

Their footprint is pretty small already, about the size of a mp40 wet side. If you dial them down, two in a 30 wouldnt be overkill.

Regular Vistor
    Does anyone know what the wav is gonna seel for i know its not possible to say for sure but whats everyone hearing about price

All I know is that the price will be in the same ballpark as a tunze. If I were to make a ballpark guess, I would assume $400-500 for two pumps and a 1link module or $200-300 for a single pump.

Regular Vistor
    Do u know if u will be able to run it from aquabus cable for all of us that dont have a dos hope to get one but for me the wav would come ???

Quote Originally Posted by daveh2o View Post
    Do u know if u will be able to run it from aquabus cable for all of us that dont have a dos hope to get one but for me the wav would come ???
    You need a 1link module. It does not connect over aquabus.

Regular Vistor
    Isnt the only 1link module the one on the dos or is the 1link actually another module like say my lsm or ald

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daveh2o View Post
    Isnt the only 1link module the one on the dos or is the 1link actually another module like say my lsm or ald
    The 1Link will be a module that up to 3 devices can connect too it (example (1) DOS & (2) WAVs or (3) WAVs or (2) DOS & (1) WAV pump)

Not sure but I think the DDR will be able to plug into also...
    Jon
    ***RIP*** to Reeftronics that has saved me more then once and was a great place to look at other peoples programming to get many ideas I use on my own tank. Thanks Russ for all the years of keeping up this great service free of charge to us users that took it for granted like me .

Regular Vistor
    Ok cool thanks i was gonna buy an mp40 but i beleive i will tough it out and wait for the wav.. hope its soon thanks for info

Regular Vistor
    Water changes with the dos would be awesome i know this has been ask and answered probably so sorry but how long can the tubing be ran and this still work like its supposed to a generel idea are we talking 10 ft or could u run the tubing say to a basement ir 20 ft away drain ?

If I remember the numbers correctly, the DOS can push water for 15m of head and can pull for 10m of head. Each 1m of height counts as 1m of head and each 10-20m of length (depends on pump speed) counds as 1m of head.

Regular Vistor
    Great thanks

Regular Vistor
    Does anyone know of anyone who still has the dos in stock i know saltwateraquarium.com says there out next order mid to late jan ?

This thread is about WAV, not DŌS. There are other threads about DŌS. Keep it on-topic please.
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry

New User
    Any update on timing for the WAV...? I just added three new Dos to my reef and am loving the control...!

Quote Originally Posted by tdaviau View Post
    Any update on timing for the WAV.?
    Terence from Neptune posted an update 6 days ago - see post #18
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thanks Russ - I missed it...!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by tdaviau View Post
    Any update on timing for the WAV...? I just added three new Dos to my reef and am loving the control...!

Hey wait... Isn't January 17, the first day of spring in 2015? This is like a kid waiting for Santa to come down the chimney. Hurry March, April, or May... I am ready to sell my Tunzi pumps.