Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zetlight and the apex

Frequent Visitor

Zetlight and the apex

Does anyone have a Zetlight and run it off the Apex VDM? I Want to know if it is worth it and how much control do you have.

Yes

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Zetlight and the apex

The Zetlight Q-Maven ZT6600 is Apex-Ready (and I suspect that the ZT6500 is as well). I cannot, however, find any details about the interface.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
    Both the 6500 and 6600 from zetlight are Apex Ready+. The former just passed certification but we have not yet put it up on the site.

They are both controlled by the VDM in a similar manner to the Sol and the Acanlighting LED but with more channels of control. They also do lightning.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok cool so if get a VDM and the plug i need I will be able to control the light like I do my mp-10's in fusion

Frequent Visitor
    I would need this cord right Neptune Sytems Apex Advanced LED Dimming Cable for VDM

Quote Originally Posted by lsaint View Post
    I would need this cord right Neptune Sytems Apex Advanced LED Dimming Cable for VDM
    Yes.

I'm reading into Terence's info a bit but I surmise that you will also need to switch the VDM to 4-channel control mode.

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Do I still have full control over the light in "4 channel". I just want to make sure its worth it before I spend the $$$. Going back to school I am not working as much so I need to be confident that it will do what I am hoping. Its just hard to find really anything on people using a Zetlight with a apex. Thank you all for your help you guys are the best!!

Frequent Visitor
    Talking to Zetlight I will need to send them my light to get a board replaced for it to be Apex Ready. He didn't have a price but the 6600 was $65 to upgrade it and should be around that price and did not say when I can upgrade but it would be soon and to watch neptunesystems.com for when its official.

Regular Vistor
    what a waste of time.

i got a VDM, but found you can only control one leds unit. i have four, so getting 4 VDMs is impractical.

Zetlight didn't build in the capability to daisychain fixtures? :I

Frequent Visitor
    I thought there was a way to have them daisychain by the IR controller on both sides of the light

Frequent Visitor
    OH BTW I got the Board upgraded to the Apex Ready+ one and got it running on the Apex system and it's so nice now to program.

New User
    How do I go about setting up to get zet6600 to work with a apex got board upgraded now what

First, you need to enable 4-channel support in the VDM using the Module setup page.

The instructions in the VDM manual for AI Sols will generally apply to the Zetlight.

Lsaint, would please tell me what colors in the Zetlight correspond to each VDM channel/outlet?

Are you using traditional programming, or the Fusion lighting scheduler?

Frequent Contributor
    The light also has to be put in Apex mode. I can't remember myself how to get it in that mode. When it is in that mode though, it will read "Ape" on the display.

New User
    Im using fusion but had to use traditional to set virtual outlets for powerheads. Do I have to use traditional to enable 4channel support..

The Module setup page I mentione is in the classic web pages, not in Fusion.

New User
    4 channel is set now on the apex...and the in button on remote sets the zetlight in correct mode . What's next?

New User
    What is cable for connect Zetlight with APEX? Neptune 2 channel Apex to light Dimming cable or Neptune Sytems Apex Advanced LED Dimming Cable for VDM.

The latter - the advanced dimming cable.

New User
    Advanced is correct then set apex to 4channel mode in the classic web page .then after that im stuck haven't got it to work yet

New User
    Still havent got any where yet wondering if any body has had any luck with runing zetlight 6600 with apex.

New User
    Forgot about this thread but still haven't got any where with it yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast