Thread: Forum particapation

Regular Vistor

Forum particapation

I purchased the Apex Jr. for my freshwater aquarium about 2 months ago. The Apex system is very good and the support from Apex is great. However, the same can not be said for this forum.
    I belong to a number of forums of varied subjects from Home shop machinist to Large format photography and this forum is the most unresponsive I have ever experienced. I have posted three separate times over the last 2-3 weeks on different forum areas, and not ONE person has responded to any of them!
    Very disappointing!

skipd1

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    what are trying to do? maybe i can help

OP, I've not tried to help as I have no experience or knowledge with Axis cams, and your other more generic "x in the box" media tile post didn't provide enough information for me to try to assist. Cams are fussy beasts, and I personally gave up trying to get my Foscams connected up and just use their native browser capabilities in a separate window, along with an iOS app that provides way more functionality. With your third Fusion "com error" post, there are many hits with similar things from folks, along with resolutions in the Fusion thread -- I suggest you update your thread with a little more info what you've tried, what documentation you've worked through, what is or is not working, etc. IMHO, more information will generally get you more help from folks -- but a fairly general "comm err" statement, because of the many intricacies with networking, ISP, etc is not something everyone will want to dive into (at least I generally don't, as I hate to start trying to help someone and then not be able to follow-through in a timely manner).

In the end, in this user-to-user forum, if you don't get help, remember that you can ALWAYS contact Neptune Support who try to will assist. Good luck.
    Bert

Frequent Visitor
    Got to love criers.you post are about as vague as they come. This is a very small forum with an even smaller group of people that actually know enough to solve a problem.most people come ask a question get it solved and never come back until the next problem.

Tips for success.
    List firmware version if not the latest then update.
    List your connection via wired or wireless.
    List problem via fusion or classic dashboard
    List the steps you have tried.
    And Google search first
    It's the holidays so people have more important things to do then be on here.
    Bump your thread if no response in a day or so. So it doesn't get pushed to the bottom.
    Stop crying when you don't get an answer.

Regular Vistor
    It looks like crying gets some attention, since posting this complaint, I have a number of replies to this and all the other posts I made.
    Funny how that works??

Also, I do considerable research before, while and after trying this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by skipd1 View Post
    It looks like crying gets some attention, since posting this complaint, I have a number of replies to this and all the other posts I made.
    Don't make a habit of it please. Instead, do a "bump" if needed.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Funny how that works??

On that comment, I am half tempted to never respond to your threads on principle alone. Those of us that are active users of the forum have a finite amount of time we can help people. Vague threads are usually put low on the priority list and sometimes get forgotten about. If someone doesnt answer you post in a timely manner, remind us and give us some info on what you have tried since you originally posted your problem, don't insult us.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    On that comment, I am half tempted to never respond to your threads on principle alone. Those of us that are active users of the forum have a finite amount of time we can help people. Vague threads are usually put low on the priority list and sometimes get forgotten about. If someone doesnt answer you post in a timely manner, remind us and give us some info on what you have tried since you originally posted your problem, don't insult us.

All the guys here do this on the sole purpose to help eachother and on a free and volontary basis . OP you should appreciated this help instead of complaining about it ! I tend to agree with Zombie on this matter .

Alain

+1 to zombie.
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it comes down to how you ask your question. Every question I've asked has been answered in a timely manor.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post

Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    All the guys here do this on the sole purpose to help eachother and on a free and volontary basis . OP you should appreciated this help instead of complaining about it ! I tend to agree with Zombie on this matter .

Alain
    +100 to both.

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    LOL. Good thing you don't have a GHL Profilux; A LOT of their threads on their official support forum get no responses even from moderators.

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor
    Funny how that works??

I suspect you will find it's not going to work very well for you in the future.

That being said, I would love to see more participation from users other than just coming here getting their problem solved and never returning until they have another problem. I like to read how others are using their APEX equipment and their successes not just failures. I stop by at least once every couple days and review "new posts" to see what I can learn.

I personally would like to thank those who volunteer their time trying to help and share their expertise. Please don't let comments from ungrateful folks like skippy stop you from participating here.

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakelivin View Post
    I suspect you will find it's not going to work very well for you in the future. That being said, I would love to see more participation from users other than just coming here getting their problem solved and never returning until they have another problem. I like to read how others are using their APEX equipment and their successes not just failures. I stop by at least once every couple days and review "new posts" to see what I can learn. I personally would like to thank those who volunteer their time trying to help and share their expertise. Please don't let comments from ungrateful folks like skippy stop you from participating here.
    True, without the continual support of RussM, zombie, aquamanic and BertL this forum would come to a halt. Thanks to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakelivin View Post
    That being said, I would love to see more participation from users other than just coming here getting their problem solved and never returning until they have another problem. I like to read how others are using their APEX equipment and their successes not just failures. I stop by at least once every couple days and review "new posts" to see what I can learn.
    I agree 100%. I have only owned an apex for 2 years and been a forum member for for a bit over a year. The reason I know so much about the apex and programming is because I have spent so much time reading through posts and helping others with their problems. Granted being an engineer for a living definately helps. Spend a year actively on these forums and youll be a master control freak like me.

As one of those who spends much of my free time here helping as I can, I deeply appreciate all the positive feedback. But let's just let this thread fade away. I think the counterpoint has been quite adequately made
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.