Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Radion fw update question

Frequent Visitor

Another Radion fw update question

So after many tries at updating my Radion to latest version with Mac, I finally gave up and used a PC. It worked perfectly.
    followed the rest of the new doc here, reset, attached, and I still get report of below. Tried resetting wxm this morning and same result.
    something stupid, or bad flash of the Radion?

Rev 1.
    Rev 1.14, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,3,3),(1,1,1),(162,0,0)

Rev 1.14, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,3,3),(1,1,1),(162,0,0)

Vortech_4_1 - R
    HW Type HW Rev SW Rev Addr Name
    Display module 001 010(OK) 001 Disp_1
    EB8 module 001 011(OK) 003 EB8_3
    WXM module 001 010(OK) 004 WXM_4
    Rev 1.14, RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,3,3),(1,1,1),(250,0,0)

Vortech_4_1 - Rev 2.2 OK-1
    Vortech_4_2 - Rev 2.2 OK-2
    Radion_4_17 - Rev 1.6.10 - OK
    Adv Leak Device 001 005(OK) 005 ALD_5
    ev 2.2 OK-1
    , RF Rev 1.2 (1,2,3,3),(1,1,1),(162,0,0)

Humm. Will let Alain jump in here when he gets on -- he has sort of become the guru on Radions around here.

FWIW, I too ended up buying the cheapest PC laptop I could find earlier this year just to get the EcoSmart Utility to work -- I eventually gave up trying to get the Mac version to function correctly. After I figured out the very confusing Win Tile interface enough to get the EcoSmart Utility running, things went OK for me. Your post indicates you've done the reset (meaning pulled aquabus power and reapply it to the WXM?). You've also power-cycled the Radion, right? ...so I'd think the WXM should see the new firmware level, but just to be sure -- you may want to once again connect your PC to that Radion and see what EcoSmart is now reporting as the firmware level -- sure seems like the update didn't take. Good luck!
    Bert

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
    Humm. Will let Alain jump in here when he gets on -- he has sort of become the guru on Radions around here.

FWIW, I too ended up buying the cheapest PC laptop I could find earlier this year just to get the EcoSmart Utility to work -- I eventually gave up trying to get the Mac version to function correctly. After I figured out the very confusing Win Tile interface enough to get the EcoSmart Utility running, things went OK for me. Your post indicates you've done the reset (meaning pulled aquabus power and reapply it to the WXM?). You've also power-cycled the Radion, right? ...so I'd think the WXM should see the new firmware level, but just to be sure -- you may want to once again connect your PC to that Radion and see what EcoSmart is now reporting as the firmware level -- sure seems like the update didn't take. Good luck!
    hate pcs. Luckily I brought my work laptop home this weekend. Yes, I reapplied power to wxm and Radion post updates. Which said successful btw. Weird, but I would expect no less. I had similar issues when I installed my vortechs a while ago..I'll drag out the pc and see what it says..again..
    thanks!

To what radion firmware are you trying to upgrade too ? What model of radion fixture are you running ?

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    To what radion firmware are you trying to upgrade too ? What model of radion fixture are you running ?

Alain
    good morning Alain, I am to update to 1.7.8 on a gen1
    thanks
    Ron

Try a power reboot of your radions to see if the firmware naming will update , if it does not , another WXM aquabus disconnect and reconnect might do it . If you dont get result and you are sure that ESL did the work properly ( after the firmware is completed with ESL , normally the fixture will reboot and the proper firmware level would show in the ESL window ) you might need to go through this whole process again . Just make sure before that your radions are reset to factory spec with ESL and a WIRED connection . Other radions shall be powered off while doing this . Radions are temperemental and sometime need a kick in the @@##%%$$#.

Alain .

Frequent Visitor
    Try a power reboot of your radions to see if the firmware naming will update , if it does not , another WXM aquabus disconnect and reconnect might do it . If you dont get result and you are sure that ESL did the work properly ( after the firmware is completed with ESL , normally the fixture will reboot and the proper firmware level would show in the ESL window ) you might need to go through this whole process again . Just make sure before that your radions are reset to factory spec with ESL and a WIRED connection . Other radions shall be powered off while doing this . Radions are temperemental and sometime need a kick in the @@##%%$$#.

Alain .
    only have the one Radion. Just did the power cycles to no avail, so I guess I'll fire up the PC again and do the usb factory reset and firmware update again. Is it possible my vortechs are getting in the way? Maybe shut down the wxm whilst performing the update? I think I'll try that too! Losing my mind here....

thanks for the suggestions!

Do the factory reset first from the module page when the WXM is selected on this page , this will disconnect the fixture. Do it again with ESL and a WIRED connection between the pc and the fixture . Make sure the pc is not connected to the net . Perform the upgrade , the fixture will reboot and the right firmware level will show in the window . When this is done the fixture will go full bright . Proceed to reconnect to WXM .

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Do the factory reset first from the module page when the WXM is selected on this page , this will disconnect the fixture. Do it again with ESL and a WIRED connection between the pc and the fixture . Make sure the pc is not connected to the net . Perform the upgrade , the fixture will reboot and the right firmware level will show in the window . When this is done the fixture will go full bright . Proceed to reconnect to WXM .

Alain
    ugh. Fatal errors on update. Power cycling the fixture brings it back to life but each time, I do the reset, wired, no internet connection, then update, now I get fatal error has occurred. So frustrating...
    when doing the factory reset, light goes full bright and just sits there. How long do I wait for it to complete? Maybe that's the step I'm messing up?

Make sure you unzipp the firmware file before using it , normally this error is originated from there . Use the last ETM file after unzipp . After the reset the fixture go full bright and will stay there , it is a received new out of the box , ready to program . Proceed from there .

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Make sure you unzipp the firmware file before using it , normally this error is originated from there . Use the last ETM file after unzipp . After the reset the fixture go full bright and will stay there , it is a received new out of the box , ready to program . Proceed from there .

Alain
    exactly what I am doing. I'll try a fresh download of the fw file.... Last eve when I first did this I saw it complete successfully..that's the part that bugs me...

Where did you get the fatal error from ?

Frequent Visitor
    Updating right after usb boot loader statement

PM me , i have a non published solution !

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks to Alain, this is solved! Woohoo!

Good day guys...
    I need help on this problem also... please help!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by azerione View Post
    Good day guys...
    I need help on this problem also... please help!
    So this, in my case, turned out to be a wonky pc that kept updating the JRE every time I connected to internet.
    I would suggest that you make sure you are using the connection manager exactly as linked in the Neptune doc along with the firmware update in that same doc.
    Be sure you are running JRE6 and NOT connected to the internet when you run it.
    It can be done. Just takes patience..

New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

what is wrong... need to try again on another pc

Frequent Visitor
    yea. I was getting the same thing. make sure you reset prior to each new attempt. and also make sure you are off line.

Thanks guys got the problem solved...took my old pc with windows xp install jre6 and did the update procedure...and success...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by azerione View Post
    Thanks guys got the problem solved...took my old pc with windows xp install jre6 and did the update procedure...and success...

Yep. cool. it took me a few shots with multiple PC's to get it to go too..

here it is no more missing radion
    New Bitmap Image (3).jpg

Hi guys why does my radion shows missing again and the lights turns off from time to time?

Do you have your radion power supply connected in one of your outlet or connected to a wall plug ?

Alain

Yes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast