Thread: Android App Trouble

Regular Vistor

Android App Trouble

I recently upgraded my firmware to the latest version and with that activated Fusion. I downloaded the Fusion app on my HTC one M8 and it finds my apex and I can control it no problem while at home. However when I leave the house my app no longer will function properly. It keeps crashing and it is unable to display current data or control the APEX. Am I missing something here because I thought that with Fusion I did not need to do the static IP or port forwarding like what was required before with the classic dashboard when you wanted to access it remotely? I am not a tech dummy but I have had some really bad headaches in the past with all failed attempts to set up port forwarding so that I could remote access my classic dashboard. Can anyone help me?

Wanna Be Control Freak RickHrdlicka's Avatar
    Fusion is not an App. It is a website. Works in a web browser.

Rick
    300g Mixed Reef with Full apex, PM1, ALD, AWM, AFS, PM2

Regular Vistor
    Ok, well on further investigation the app is called AquaController Apex - Beta. It's icon name is Apex and has access to my APEX controller when I am home, but it does not function when I am not on my home network. When I open the app I see my APEX device name just like I do with Fusion and when I select it is pulls up my APEX status and allows me to open/control/program my outlets when on my home network. Do you know if this app is only meant to work on a home newtork?

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by nsimpher View Post
    Ok, well on further investigation the app is called AquaController Apex - Beta. It's icon name is Apex and has access to my APEX controller when I am home, but it does not function when I am not on my home network. When I open the app I see my APEX device name just like I do with Fusion and when I select it is pulls up my APEX status and allows me to open/control/program my outlets when on my home network. Do you know if this app is only meant to work on a home newtork?
    To have this work outside your home network you will first have to setup port-forwarding in your router for the apex and then change your setting in the app to reflect the port-forward info
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    I have tried and failed to do that many times in the past while attempting to get remote access of the classic dashboard. Too many headaches and not enough beer to make it happen. LOL. If anyone can send me a link or a how to that is easy to understance and execute I would give it another try.

As you may have surmised, the Apex Android app and Apex Fusion are totally different things.

Just use Fusion and avoid the hassle of port forwarding.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by nsimpher View Post
    I have tried and failed to do that many times in the past while attempting to get remote access of the classic dashboard. Too many headaches and not enough beer to make it happen. LOL. If anyone can send me a link or a how to that is easy to understance and execute I would give it another try.
    I would start by tell some of the users here what make/model of the router and some screen shots of your port-forward setting and your network setting in the classic dashboard and some one could help you

or do what Russ said...lol
    Jon