Thread: Mp10's shutting off

Frequent Visitor

Mp10's shutting off

I have three mp10's and have them programmed the same. Recently my right MP10's magnet seized and made it stop working. It was setup as my master mp10.

I have taken the master offline and have copied it's settings over to the other two. They run for a little while and then shut off as well. I have no idea why/when they are turning off.

Has anyone had this happen before or know what I could do to make this work?

Here is the program I'm running on all three mp10's

Frequent Visitor
    Last night I turned one mp10 on and within 10 minutes it turned itself off. It is not throwing a code or anything on the mp10 itself. Apex shows it as "on", even though it is off. It appears as though there is no power to the mp10 while it is off. My thought is what it is the WXM turning it off for some reason.

Does anyone know what could do to make this stop? Things aren't looking well in my tank without flow.

Where are those pumps power supplies connected ?

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    They are connected to the apex. This screenshot is current and I have the middle and right mp10's offline. The left mp is "on" right now per the apex but it is actually off.

The top three are the WXM and the next 8 are the eb8. You can see that I have the two turned off because they are not on the tank right now.

It is not ON , it is following the tbl program . ON mean 100% power . Are you sure all of this is connected in the proper outlets ?

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Yes. What I meant is that it is powered on via the outlet. The WXM does show the tbl. If I turn the outlet off and then back to auto it will turn on for a few minutes before turning off. I have not watched to see exactly how long it takes, but I've checked about ten minutes later and it was off. So I looked at the mp10's controller and it was not blinking a code or anything. It appears as though it had no power to it even though the apex shows the outlet is powered on and the WXM is on tbl.

Right now the pump is not on and the screen shot above shows that it is.

What color is the light on the pump driver at this particular moment ?

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    It is off

Try to interchange a pump power supply for another one , i doubt much it will be the WXM , (however just to make sure i would reload the WXM firmware and the WXM RF firmware , unplug the aquabus cable from the module , wait a minute and plug it back , pumps should reconnect by themselves after ) it could be the pump power supply or the EBX not working properly . At this time , if you wait a few minutes , will it show missing ?

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    It has done this with two of them and I took the other one offline. I got the DÖS yesterday and will do an update soon with it. Hopefully it can resolve the problem.

Plug the pumps power supplies into a wall outlet. They don't need the EB to run. That way the power supply has 110v all the time. See if that changes anything.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Frequent Visitor
    I don't have anymore wall outlets near the tank to plug them into. If I have time I'll run an extension cord over tomorrow and plug it in that way.

Frequent Visitor
    It stays on for 45 seconds to 1 minute. I watched it twice in a row. No lights or anything flashed.

This is after they're plugged into a wall outlet?
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Frequent Visitor
    No. Just a final confirmation of what it's doing. I've not watched it happen before.

I'll have to get an extension cord to plug it into something other than the apex.

I would try to reload the VXM firmware and also the WXM RF firmware , it is possible it got corrupted somehow . This will eliminate at least one variable from the equation .

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    I will do that next chance I get. It may be tomorrow afternoon before I can though.

Thank you guys for the input. I appreciate it.

Frequent Visitor
    A friend let me borrow his mp10 non wireless and it has been working using the same power supply in the same outlet as the one that has been turning off. So I will look into reloading the firmware today after work.

Frequent Visitor
    Today I updated to 4.33 and reloaded the WXM firmware as well as the RF firmware. I then turned the pump on and it turned off about 1 minute later.

I am now plugging it directly to a wall to see if that helps anything.

Frequent Visitor
    It's working now. I just updated the firmware again and this time it accepted it. Maybe I did something wrong the first time...

Thank you guys for the help.