Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DOS for water changes problem

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by italquam View Post
    Hi fish, thanks for response. Do you happen to have a copy of how you programmed the DOS to run simulataneous in Apex Fusion
    It's very easy, just use the wizard (opens up every time you click on each DOS pump head). Basically, click to modify the interval on the dosing lines to have both pump heads turn on/off at the same time and for the same amount of volume for each, Apex figures everything else out. For example, I'll have both heads turn on from 16:00 - 19:00 to change out 4353mL (which is 1.15gal). Just make sure you know which head is removing and which is adding. For mine, I made pump head #1 remove and #2 add. That's it!

Frequent Visitor
    Ok , once I get my unit I will try. Is it ok to track you down with any other questions??

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by italquam View Post
    Ok , once I get my unit I will try. Is it ok to track you down with any other questions??
    Sure, no prob.

Taging along great stuff thanks
    Control freak in training

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by fish76 View Post
    I'm running mine as an AWC and have an ATO also. I have it run so that both heads run simultaneously when doing water changes so the level in the sump remains the same. I did notice that one head comes on quicker than the other but the time difference between the two is fractions of a second so doesn't affect water level. No matter what the same volume coming out will go in.
    Same here. Absolutely loving it so far. Had cervical spine surgery back in November and am not allowed to do much lifting. The DOS has saved me.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by fish76 View Post
    I'm running mine as an AWC and have an ATO also. I have it run so that both heads run simultaneously when doing water changes so the level in the sump remains the same. I did notice that one head comes on quicker than the other but the time difference between the two is fractions of a second so doesn't affect water level. No matter what the same volume coming out will go in.

I have also noticed that one pump comes on a split second before the other, but I believe that that same pump turns off a split second sooner than the other one. I think this balances it out.

Frequent Visitor
    Great thread

Here is a shot of my new mixing station where my DOS AWC system will be connected above.

Laklivin I use a PANWROLD 40PX to transfer my water and to mix it in my 25-GALLONS saltwater barrels which have plenty of flow to mix the salt. After my CEPEX BALL VALVE, I HAVE my PVC that's 3'4'' pipe that runs through a Uniseal and a 90 elbow that's Slip x Thread. Then I have threaded on to a 3/4'' elbow a CPR AQUATIC THREADED EDUCTOR shooting the water straight down to make sure that there is no salt at the bottom of my storage container. Works awesome. I'm in the process of dry fitting everything and then comes the fun stuff, gluing all of my PVS pipes together. I have a PinPoint Salinity monitor and an Inkbird temp controller.

TANK INFO:120 MIXED REEF
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123