Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DŌS noise level. To much for my living room.

Frequent Contributor
    Did you update the firmware on your Apex to the latest version stated in the Get Started and then confirm it did in fact install correctly?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    I am running my DOS for auto water changes and I'm changing just over 6,000ml per day. I'm trying to get it done in 2-6 hours but the noise level created by this thing is making it difficult to find the right time. I have an app on my iPhone called decible10th and it's reading 90 on the DOS while running and 70-75 on my couch ~10-12 feet away. This is hard to watch TV or have a conversation while it's going on because of the pitch as well as the volume.

I am wondering if this is a normal noise level people are experiencing with this. I do know that I sent my AFS in for service and it came back virtually silent compared to when I got it. So what's your guys' experience with the noise level of this?
    ordered the 15m aquabus and moved the whole thing to the basement. Its very quiet again

Frequent Visitor
    I ordered these. $2 each for 15ft extensions.

http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Prod...1030304&cpnCd=

http://www.monoprice.com/mobile/Prod...1030303&cpnCd=

For $24 shipped I got more than I'll need. I'm actually surprised at how bulky these things are.

Frequent Visitor
    So the other day I changed my DŌS setup via the wizard in fusion. I went from 6500ml in two hours to 9000ml over 24 hours. It is way quieter than when I tried this same thing about a month ago.

I think it needs to break in to be quiet. It is still in my living room but it is now tolerable, if not unnoticeable.

I am more impressed with the DŌS the more I have it.

Regular Vistor
    I recently replaced my osmolator with a DOS to work as ATO running through a Kalk Stirrer. I have the interval set to 24hour and volume about 6 liters. The pump runs for about 2 minutes on then 10 off. Not sure which flow rate it is running at. The noise is pretty distracting. I would say my osmolator was loader but I was infrequently in the room when it dosed so it never bothered me too much. Maybe I will get used to hearing the DOS every 10 minutes from as far as 20 feet away but not sure about that. Mine is currently sitting on a piece of Styrofoam inside the stand.

Has anyone made a simple sound baffle or a box to reduce the noise? Would this heat up the unit reducing it's lifespan?

Quote Originally Posted by pfoxgrover View Post
    I recently replaced my osmolator with a DOS to work as ATO running through a Kalk Stirrer. I have the interval set to 24hour and volume about 6 liters. The pump runs for about 2 minutes on then 10 off. Not sure which flow rate it is running at. The noise is pretty distracting. I would say my osmolator was loader but I was infrequently in the room when it dosed so it never bothered me too much. Maybe I will get used to hearing the DOS every 10 minutes from as far as 20 feet away but not sure about that. Mine is currently sitting on a piece of Styrofoam inside the stand.

Has anyone made a simple sound baffle or a box to reduce the noise? Would this heat up the unit reducing it's lifespan?
    Cut your volume in half and the volume should drop but it will be on more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Cut your volume in half and the volume should drop but it will be on more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I'm not following you. I want to dose 6 liters of Kalk solution per day, evenly throughout the 24 hours and minimize noise.

Regular Vistor
    Also, is one of these numbers the dosing rate?
    tdata 00:00:00,1,19,1,244,2,148,130,1,244,2,28,11,0

Quote Originally Posted by pfoxgrover View Post
    Also, is one of these numbers the dosing rate?
    tdata 00:00:00,1,19,1,244,2,148,130,1,244,2,28,11,0
    Other than the time, those values are not really human-readable.

You can see the dosing rate (and other interesting info) by clicking on the gear for a schedule point, then clicking on the Interval Summary.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Other than the time, those values are not really human-readable.

You can see the dosing rate (and other interesting info) by clicking on the gear for a schedule point, then clicking on the Interval Summary.

Amount to dose: 6500 mL
    Time allotted: 1439 min
    Time used: 99%
    Number of doses: 130
    Dose every: 11 min
    Volume per dose: 50 mL
    Volume of last dose: 50 mL
    Unused time remaining: 9 min
    Pump speed: 25 mL/min

Thanks! That is what I was looking for. So is 25ml/min about as quiet as it gets?

In your case, yes. The Apex uses the slowest speed it can based on the specified volume and time period.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12