Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble getting Adapter setup

Frequent Visitor

Trouble getting Adapter setup

Hey everyone. I just bought a Netgear wnce2001 for my apex system and I can't even get it connected to my computer. I followed the steps such as disconnecting the router and then plugging in the adapter to my laptop via power supply and Ethernet. Both green lights r lit but all 3 of my browsers won't bring up the page. Says I have to enable JavaScript and I have no idea where to do that at. Please help!

Frequent Visitor
    Update, found the spot to enable JavaScript but its already enabled and still not working????

How do you know it's the adapter? Was your controller already configured and working hard-wired to your router?
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

If WiF is enabled in your notebook, disable it temporarily.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    The apex has already been configured weeks ago, I just never got a chance to get a wireless bridge. The adapter is in place for setup but the webpage to run the setup just won't load for some reason. I'm running my Norton anti virus software on the computer now so we'll see if that helps at all.

Frequent Visitor
    Anyone??

Did you set it up with push to connect WPS? If your router doesnt support that feature, then you need to configure it manually with the ethernet plugged into your laptop using the instructions supplied in the packaging. Like Russ said, WIFI must be turned off on your laptop to do this configuration.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Did you set it up with push to connect WPS? If your router doesnt support that feature, then you need to configure it manually with the ethernet plugged into your laptop using the instructions supplied in the packaging.

I tried to do that but it still doesn't work. Its a netgear router. I'm trying to configure it manually thru my laptop but the webpage doesn't load. I tried Chrome(with JavaScript enabled), internet explorer, and Firefox, all 3 r doing the same thing. Looks like they're loading and then they just keep flickering.

Frequent Visitor
    Figured it out, thanks guys!

So what was the solution?
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    So what was the solution?
    No idea actually. I did the same thing a few different times. Then I decided to restart my computer and it worked. Now I'm having trouble updating my firmware which I started another thread for

Frequent Visitor
    Okay back to the drawing board. I hooked up my adapter but now the wireless light is blinking from green to yellow to red and then back the other way and its saying my apex is disconnected on the internet???

Frequent Visitor
    Did a lil light reading. It says green indicates excellent connection, yellow is good, and red is poor. Well it keeps alternating between all 3. The manual says it should be in direct sight of the router for best connection. R u kidding me? I spent $50 on an adapter and it won't go thru a piece of wood? Lol

Now I'm assuming this is why when I go to apexfusion.com it says my apex is disconnected?

If you bought it less than 30 days ago, you can return it and try this one instead. I use this model on mine and it picks up signal really well (mine is in a basement and the signal has to travel through 3 walls and about 30ft)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-...=1218349687077

Fluctuating WiFi signal strength like that can be caused by interference from other WiFi sources on the same channel.
    Go into your router and pick a different channel to see if that helps. There are 14 channels for 2.4 GHZ WiFi but due to overlapping frequencies on each channel, only channels 1, 6, or 11 should be used.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    If you bought it less than 30 days ago, you can return it and try this one instead. I use this model on mine and it picks up signal really well (mine is in a basement and the signal has to travel through 3 walls and about 30ft)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/netgear-...=1218349687077

Mine is less than 30ft apart tho this is crazy lol I just bought it today so I could definitely return it if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Fluctuating WiFi signal strength like that can be caused by interference from other WiFi sources on the same channel.
    Go into your router and pick a different channel to see if that helps. There are 14 channels for 2.4 GHZ WiFi but due to overlapping frequencies on each channel, only channels 1, 6, or 11 should be used.
    How do I go into my router?

Frequent Visitor
    Is it normal to not be connected once since setting up my router? The adapter light is mostly green all the time but when I go onto fusion online, it still says apex is disconnected

Frequent Visitor
    Anyone?

Russ gave you a suggestion. What happens when you change the channel?

You should be able to Google and find instructions for accessing your router. It's usually going to be the same IP address that your gateway is in your network settings on the controller or your PC. There will be credentials and you can search to find what the defaults are.
    Al

Frequent Visitor
    I tried to change the channel but I can't login to my router. I tried to bring it back to factory settings but its not working. Password is still wrong.

I'm really considering returning this model and going with a different one.

Did you try the password on the sticker or "password"?

Frequent Visitor
    Did you try the password on the sticker or "password"?

"Password" is the password according to the backside of my router.

You could try calling your ip provider. They often change the password to odd cominations of numbers and letters for security when they set up your internet for the first time.

Frequent Visitor
    You could try calling your ip provider. They often change the password to odd cominations of numbers and letters for security when they set up your internet for the first time.

I'd rather not to be honest. That's sounds like a long frustrating phone call lol what about the model you recommended? Is that one this difficult to set up?

That model is super easy to setup. Took me a grand total of 30 seconds to set up using wps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast