Thread: Float Sensor Holder

Hamburg Mattenfilter

Float Sensor Holder

I know a lot of people have custom solutions to mounting their float switches, but I came with one that is easy to build and should benefit everyone. It's based on the Profilux mount, but I changed it to allow for any float sensor to be used [I'm using M8000].

Here are the parts you need:
    *Magnetic probe holder I'm using a Vertex model
    *3/8" acrylic rod. TAPPlastics
    *GHL PL-LF-S8- level sensor holder
    *Thogus Nylon Tube Fitting 1/4" NPT Male x 1/8" NPT Female

Float is height adjustable and the rod fits as many sensors as you need. You can also order custom acrylic rod lengths based on sump depth.

Frequent Contributor
    Vertex, GHL, how dare you even mention them here.

Just kidding of course. We are not that sensitive here.

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    LOL. Then you guys should come up with your own; and add compatibility for your optical sensor as well.

Frequent Contributor
    If we did it, it would have to be a bit more elegant solution. This is an excellent DIY, but we need to take it up a notch if we were to do something. If we were doing something

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    If we were doing something
    That has a nice ring to it.

Regular Vistor
    What I like about this DIY solution is that it appears you could have three sensor on one rod for a high, ATO and low instead of multiple independent holders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul-7 View Post
    LOL. Then you guys should come up with your own; and add compatibility for your optical sensor as well.

If we did it, it would have to be a bit more elegant solution. This is an excellent DIY, but we need to take it up a notch if we were to do something. If we were doing something
    When can I buy the magnetic mounts separately? I already bought 2 optical sensors before the magnetic mount kit became available.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    When can I buy the magnetic mounts separately? I already bought 2 optical sensors before the magnetic mount kit became available.
    This:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks like this:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/os-1m-...e-systems.html

I had three sensors without holders. I received the mag clips from Amazon this afternoon. They work perfectly and have to be the same thing that is packaged with the OS1 as shown on BRS. So if you can't wait......

Attachment 7253

The inner magnetic mount for the Neptune OS-1M is enhanced with a non-slip silicone pad, which does make a difference compared to the bare hard plastic base on the ZooMed clips.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The inner magnetic mount for the Neptune OS-1M is enhanced with a non-slip silicone pad, which does make a difference compared to the bare hard plastic base on the ZooMed clips.
    do you know if the mount clips are available to purchase from Neptune?

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks wwanthony for the heads up!.
    I will investigate this option in Amazon. The sensor is fitted with the nut. I am not sure how much value is adding non-slip silicone pad for this particular use. (Maybe for the heaters, canisters, ...?)
    Apparently, 2 more threads in the forum were also discussing this same product.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by irayfuego View Post
    Thanks wwanthony for the heads up!.
    I will investigate this option in Amazon. The sensor is fitted with the nut. I am not sure how much value is adding non-slip silicone pad for this particular use. (Maybe for the heaters, canisters, ...?)
    Apparently, 2 more threads in the forum were also discussing this same product.
    The silicone pad prevents slippage on the inside and is especially important on 1/4" thick acrylic/glass applications.

At some point it may make sense for us to sell these separately in our store, however once you add in shipping costs, you might still just be better off buying a complete sensor with mount from an online retailer.

The silicone pad prevents slippage on the inside and is especially important on 1/4" thick acrylic/glass applications.

At some point it may make sense for us to sell these separately in our store, however once you add in shipping costs, you might still just be better off buying a complete sensor with mount from an online retailer.
    why is it so difficult to sell the mounts separately? Even as replacement it would be a useful item.

Frequent Visitor
    I like this thread. An elegant float sensor holder for both conventional float switches and optical level switches would definitely be worth looking at. My DYI holders are either ugly solutions (clip over the side or suction cup types) from other vendors, or even uglier home made heat shaped thermoplastic. Its hidden in the sump but aren't we all proud of our sump?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk