Thread: ESM Modes - Intensity Off

Regular Vistor

ESM Modes - Intensity Off

I searched for a while trying to find an answer to this so here it goes. I have been historically running my 2 MP40s in reef crest mode (one master 75%, the other anti-sync 100%). The slave pump never exceeded 75% as it was anti-synced with the master.

Today, I thought I'd try the ESM mode Tidal Swell. So I changed my master to Tidal Swell @ 75% and left the other pump as 100% anti-synced with the master. Well after a few minutes i noticed the slave pump was running pretty fast...sure enough i looked at the lights on the controller and it was spinning at about 90% (11/12 lights lit). My question is why isn't the slave obeying the max intensity of the master? Do I have to set the slave intensity to 75% (9/12 lights lit)?

My question is why isn't the slave obeying the max intensity of the master?
    How do you know it's not?

There is no such thing as anti-sync when you have the ES modes (TS and NT). They run their own program with multiple pumps. Anti-sync becomes 'opposite side' and sync becomes 'same-side'. Totally different than sync vs. anti-sync.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Regular Vistor
    I was going by the led lights on the controller - the slave vortech had 11 of the 12 intensity lights lit up. The master is set to max 75%. Is that not a proper indicator of intensity in ES modes? The master is showing purple, and the slave is showing orange.

My point is that in the ES modes each pump is running part of an elaborate program that Ecotech designed. There is no anti-sync where the slave runs opposite the master.

In the ES modes there are 2 or 3 pumps, not a master and 1 or two slaves. There is no anti-sync - there's only same-side, opposite-side and eco-back.

Also, of the 12 lights, not all indicate intensity. The first 4 indicate which of the ES modes you're in (along with the dial light color). 1&2 indicate TS and 3&4 indicate NT. The remainder are intensity.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Aqua! After some experimentation last night, I've concluded (as you say above) that "anti-sync" truly runs a different program...and because of that the slave does not follow the intensity max of the master since it really isn't running true "anti-sync". So on the apex you can set the master to Tidal Swell, and on the "opposite" side pump you set to "anti-sync" but make sure to match the intensity to your master...in my case, 75%. If you leave the slave pump, or "opposite" side, at 100% it will operate that different program with a 100% max relative to that program not the master controller.

Maybe i'm wrong but that's what my observations are telling me.

You got it!

And remember, this is only for the ES modes. All other modes like Pulse or Lagoon, the anti-sync functions as you would expect - opposite the master.
    Al