Thread: Cannot remove old owner

New User

Cannot remove old owner

Hi all.

I purchased my Apex Jr used. The previous owner also used Fusion. I've attempted the initialize and restore instructions in the sticky at the top of this forum, but it seems to have restored the old owner. I also note that, even for my owner account, "Remove" is not an option (I checked this before attempting to contact the old owner to ask him to remove himself - FYI I think this is an unreasonable expectation - the person with the Apex in hand should have full control - maybe using a code verification produced by the local display).

So, I would like updated instructions to initialize and restore all EXCEPT Fusion ownership information.

Alternately, help me troubleshoot the missing "Remove" option, but I would prefer not to have to ask the previous owner to "please remove yourself...."

Thank you!

So I ran through the sticky. And you are correct - it doesn't quite work that way anymore. There apparently have been changes since I wrote that last August. I'll detail my findings and send them to the Fusion developers. I'll also update the sticky as needed when I have current info.

Regarding the Remove option - you may be looking in the wrong place. It is not on the Authorization page. Go to Apex List, click on the gear icon, and there should be two options - Information and Remove

Capture.PNG

In the meantime, please do contact the old owner to ask him to remove himself.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Ok, thanks Russ.

I'm having the exact same issue, contacted support & they told me to do the exact same thing as the sticky says, when I told them this didn't work(via email), the return emails suddenly went silent. Hmmm, I know I bought the system used, but was planning on spending $400+ in extra equipment/modules. This seems a little rudimentary to me, I guess I expected way more from this system for the price. Still seems a little rough around the edges, even with the "new" Fusion allure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc.The.Shark View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue, contacted support & they told me to do the exact same thing as the sticky says, when I told them this didn't work(via email), the return emails suddenly went silent. Hmmm, I know I bought the system used, but was planning on spending $400+ in extra equipment/modules. This seems a little rudimentary to me, I guess I expected way more from this system for the price. Still seems a little rough around the edges, even with the "new" Fusion allure.
    It used to work. It seems like a glitch in the process crept in somehow - the Apex firmware and APEX Fusion web site are regularly updated, and bugs do show up at times. I'm sure they will get it working again.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Here's the reply I received, haven't tried it yet tho. I'll report back when I do & if it works. Gonna be a few days b4 I get to it.

"You'll need to delete the Apex from your Fusion account. This will delete it off of you account and the old owners account. Then after it has been deleted it will be in an Apex Fusion Communication error for a few minutes. After you are able to generate a Link Token again, then re-fuse it to your Fusion account. After your re-fuse it, then you will be the only owner listed on the account."

I can confirm that it works. The sticky will be updated shortly.

an undocumented enhancement!...
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Finally got around to doing this & it works and fixed all the intermittent control issues I was having.

Regular Vistor
    Before doing this, Will this step erase all of the current Apex code?

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Blyent View Post
    Before doing this, Will this step erase all of the current Apex code?
    Would like to no the same before I try it.

Frequent Visitor
    Deleting it from fusion should not erase any of your apex code.