Thread: Change outlet programming on Apex through URL or API/etc?

Frequent Visitor

Change outlet programming on Apex through URL or API/etc?

I'm working on an app for the Apex to provide some of the features that I'd like to have that aren't currently on the Apex or in Fusion. Is there any way for an external application to update an outlet's programming, and if so, is this documented anywhere? In addition, it seems like there is a way switch outlets to on/off/auto (in the current app), but I haven't been able to find how this works either.

So far I've only found the basic ways for getting status and data from the Apex using the XML or RSS URLs. Though it will take me a while to get the app working the way I'd like it to, it should be a fun project for me and I'm hoping that at some point in the future I can share the app with the community. Any help would be appreciated!

Bob

Nothing is publically available. If you send a detailed plan to support and terrance, they MAY give you details if you agree to make the app publically available to other apex users. But since this is proprietary information that they dont want to spread to the wrong hands, theres a very good chance they will say no.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Sounds good - at this point, I am planning the architecture of the application. Given that I haven't even started development but am in the design phase, I just wanted to know if this type of capability even existed. Knowing it does exist, I'll plan the architecture of the app around this but start development with the features that utilize the data reporting capabilities, and reach out to Neptune once I get to a point where I'd like to do more.

Thanks for the feedback!

Bob

What exactly did you need to change outlet programming for anyway? Im curious as to what types of situations you are invisioning.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    I'd like to develop something that addresses some of the items that are on my wishlist for the Apex/Fusion. For example, one of those items is the ability to have comments in my programming. If I can pull/push the programming, I can store a copy of the programming with comments but push a version with the comments stripped out. In this case, all that's needed is storing a copy of the programming with comments and without comments (or a hash), and comparing these to see if the programming is still applicable to that stored on the Apex.

This is just one of the examples. I don't want to replicate anything that Fusion can already do (because I don't have that much time on my hand), but instead make something that is a compliment to Fusion in an iOS/Android app.

Bob