Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Apex Fusion Release Many Have Been Waiting For

The Apex Fusion Release Many Have Been Waiting For

Our awesome software development team has just pushed out a new set of changes and improvements today to Apex Fusion. You can read about the goodness, as always, in the release notes. https://apexfusion.com/notes

Here is some eye-candy though for those that want immediate gratification!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

NSI Member
    Is it possible to have a Test kit that you use be selected as a defaulted or on every entry you have to select what test kits that you use...ie Red Sea, Elos
    Jon
    ***RIP*** to Reeftronics that has saved me more then once and was a great place to look at other peoples programming to get many ideas I use on my own tank. Thanks Russ for all the years of keeping up this great service free of charge to us users that took it for granted like me .

Nice new toy Terence , only one thing about this and the regular data we are used to see ( PH , Orp , etc ) : the day we have to change the base unit of our system all the data disapear and is lost ( It happen to me recently ) . It would be nice for Fusion to associate the data to the tank and the user account instead of the controler SN . Like this all the data would be preserved . Is the data related to the tank chemistry or the controller who run it ????

Alain

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    Nice new toy Terence , only one thing about this and the regular data we are used to see ( PH , Orp , etc ) : the day we have to change the base unit of our system all the data disapear and is lost ( It happen to me recently ) . It would be nice for Fusion to associate the data to the tank and the user account instead of the controler SN . Like this all the data would be preserved . Is the data related to the tank chemistry or the controller who run it ????

Alain
    +10000
    Jon
    ***RIP*** to Reeftronics that has saved me more then once and was a great place to look at other peoples programming to get many ideas I use on my own tank. Thanks Russ for all the years of keeping up this great service free of charge to us users that took it for granted like me .

Yes, tank data is associated with the Apex. The most common situation, by far, is one Apex per tank. This approach simplifies the management for the average user.

That said, should ever be a reason for you to need to switch Apex Systems - say a replacement for a broken Apex or an upgrade from an Apex Lite to a Full Apex, we will at some time in the future make the migration of that data more easily possible.
    Terence Fugazzi :: VP Sales and Marketing :: Neptune Systems

looks great. when will it be released? Nice work!!

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joenla View Post
    looks great. when will it be released? Nice work!!
    It is already released!!!!!
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Yay!!!! Thank you soo much!!!!!

Only wish you had Hannah test kits included...

Will Hannah be added in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Ep3n3wp View Post
    Only wish you had Hannah test kits included.
    https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ll=1#post63364
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Neptune team, this looks great! I have not been using Fusion because for me it has not offered any added functionality to this point. Looks like I will have to start though!

However, I think I have found an issue. When entering a value for Alkalinity using a Salifert kit:
    1. It seems the high and low resolution terminology is reversed. Low resolution should multiply the result by 2, not high.
    2. The reading-value in fusion does not match up with my Salifert kit. For example, in fusion 0.00 = 16.0dkh and 0.5 = 8.0dkh, while according to the sheet that came with my Salifert kit 0.00 = 15.7dkh and 0.50 = 7.7dkh. Honestly, adding the reading-to-value conversion seems like a lot of work on your end and I'm not sure it adds much value on our end... it's just as easy for me to type in 8.3 as it is to type 0.46.
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

The Engineering Gods have pushed a fix for the Salifert issue. Clear your cache and give it a try.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: support@neptunesystems.com .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    It seems the high and low resolution terminology is reversed. Low resolution should multiply the result by 2, not high.
    Face in the direction of the San Francisco Bay Area, wave, and say "Thank you, Mr Fusion Web Wizard for fixing this on a Saturday"
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

All is right with the world, thank you Neptune Gods!

For those of you using Hannah or other electronic testers, such as those for Ca and alkalinity, you can now choose None as the test kit type, then enter the test result value directly. When using the test kit None option for alkalinity, you now have the choice of units in dKH, meq/L, or ppm.

Considering that the Fusion Wizards responded so quickly (and on a Saturday no less) to the request for support for electronic testers, tokens of appreciation in the form of craft brews may be shipped to the address found on the main Neptune web site.

Regular Vistor
    ^^^^^^

Brilliant!!

Awesome, thanks!!!

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Awesome, I am always impressed with Neptune's responsiveness to customers and the needs of the reefing community.

I cleared my cache and checked - the salifert high/low resolution issue is fixed, but the reading/value still does not line up with my kit. Maybe I have an old kit? Mine says "November 2010 version" even though it was bought a few months ago.
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    the salifert high/low resolution issue is fixed, but the reading/value still does not line up with my kit. Maybe I have an old kit? Mine says "November 2010 version" even though it was bought a few months ago.
    Salifert changed their instruction sheets a few years ago, and I recall it causing a lot of confusion. On some instruction sheets, 0.00 = 16dKH, on others (the newer ones), it's 15.7. But even on the newer instruction sheet, the formula given is:

KH in dKH = (1 - reading in step 5) x 16

So, despite the newer table saying 15.7 dKH for a 0 reading, using the formula results in a value of 16.0. Another example: Your test result is 0.50. Using the formula in either version of the instruction sheet, (1- 0.5) * 16 = 8.0. Look up 0.5 in the table, and you get either 8.0 or 7.7, depending on which sheet you used.

It appears that Neptune is using the formula rather than recreating a table. Bottom line is that a 0.3 difference isn't going to make a huge difference - if your dKH is in the target range, it doesn't really matter if the absolute measurement is say 9.9 or 9.6... you want to maintain a steady level, and look for upward or downward trends. FWIW, I had so much trouble with Salifert Ca & Alk kits, that 6-7 years ago I went to Elos ( and now, some Rea Sea) kits and have never looked back.

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    For those of you using Hannah or other electronic testers, such as those for Ca and alkalinity, you can now choose None as the test kit type, then enter the test result value directly. When using the test kit None option for alkalinity, you now have the choice of units in dKH, meq/L, or ppm.

Considering that the Fusion Wizards responded so quickly (and on a Saturday no less) to the request for support for electronic testers, tokens of appreciation in the form of craft brews may be shipped to the address found on the main Neptune web site.
    Russ,

Can you talk to the Fusion Wizards and ask them if they could do the same thing that they did for Hanna Alkalinity & Ca to the Phosphates as I use Red Sea & Hanna Phosphorus ULR to get my Phosphate levels and the conversion for Hannas Phosphorus URL is (ppb) x 3.066 / 1000. Example is my reading this morning is 8 ppb x 3.066 / 1000 = 0.024528 or 0.02

Add this request is will would be nice, but can get done during normal business hours....lol

Thanks Jon
    Jon

So is there a new probe and/or module we need to buy to get these values added for our tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    So is there a new probe and/or module we need to buy to get these values added for our tanks?
    No. The chemistry logging is a new feature in APEX Fusion. It allows you to enter water testing measurements and maintain a history of those results, graph them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    No. The chemistry logging is a new feature in APEX Fusion. It allows you to enter water testing measurements and maintain a history of those results, graph them, etc.
    So really this isn't much different then the Excel spreadsheet I use to track my water chemistry today other then I can view it in the Apex web app.

I started using notes in Fusion and under "basic" type I logged my coral and fish additions and where it came from. Currently I can only list them by month and can not print or view the whole list of notes.
    any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I started using notes in Fusion and under "basic" type I logged my coral and fish additions and where it came from. Currently I can only list them by month and can not print or view the whole list of notes.
    any suggestions?
    Excel. You can do whatever you want including printing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk