Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Apex Fusion Release Many Have Been Waiting For

What I meant to ask....

"Any Suggestions" within Fusion. Excel is not convenient and unavailable on my ipad.

New User
    Hello

Chemistry log is a great thing , Thank you

But , I loose my log, I delete my Apex base from fusion by mistake, I add the Apex base , the same with the same SN, but my log disappear, the log must be attached to the account , not to the Apex base
    Or if it could be saved somewhere ?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by filou95 View Post
    Hello

Chemistry log is a great thing , Thank you

But , I loose my log, I delete my Apex base from fusion by mistake, I add the Apex base , the same with the same SN, but my log disappear, the log must be attached to the account , not to the Apex base
    Or if it could be saved somewhere ?

Thank you
    Unfortunately, your log data is tied to the controller serial number registered within Fusion. If you need to delete your controller from Fusion, all the log data you have entered is lost, and you must reenter it once you add your controller back to Fusion. There are no backups you have access to.
    Bert

Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
    Unfortunately, your log data is tied to the controller serial number registered within Fusion. If you need to delete your controller from Fusion, all the log data you have entered is lost, and you must reenter it once you add your controller back to Fusion. There are no backups you have access to.
    How about adding an export function or a copy to clipboard function? Either wouldn't be hard to do.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    How about adding an export function or a copy to clipboard function? Either wouldn't be hard to do.

This limitation and need for something to resolve it I believe was first suggested in these forums back on 9/28/2014 in the Fusion Wish List Thread. It's in Neptune's hands as to if, when, and how a solution may be implemented.

I appreciate the challenges Neptune has with prioritization, as well as the hard work put into this new capability, along with everything my Apex and Fusion does. Unfortunately for now, I'm staying with my non-Fusion notes and logging methods so no history can be lost. I'm in the minority I'm sure, but have twice needed to delete and add back my controller to Fusion at the request of Neptune Support for various problem determination we were doing. Since I was not using Notes or Logging, I only lost and had to redo my 100+ tile layout on my Fusion Dashboard each time, but have real-life experience that reinforces why I can't personally make the leap to use Fusion Notes and Logging quite yet.)
    Bert

New User
    Actually Excel is available on your Ipad and its free.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    So really this isn't much different then the Excel spreadsheet I use to track my water chemistry today other then I can view it in the Apex web app.
    with the exception that you now publish it for everyone including the NSA to see HA HA.

This may be lost on anyone from the USA.....

Quote Originally Posted by joukeder View Post
    with the exception that you now publish it for everyone including the NSA to see HA HA.

This may be lost on anyone from the USA.....
    In the USA it's homeland security that monitors everything.

Frequent Visitor
    Very cool addition. What about Salinity and pH? Not everyone uses the probes (salinity for me is one i check weekly by hand)

Quote Originally Posted by lefkonj View Post
    Very cool addition. What about Salinity and pH? Not everyone uses the probes (salinity for me is one i check weekly by hand)
    Use "Other".
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

In the USA it's homeland security that monitors everything.

I think it's the NSA that spies on Ireland....

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvogt View Post
    Actually Excel is available on your Ipad and its free.
    Yeah, but it's called Numbers!

Any chance we can have an option to add 'control limits' to the graphs?

In other words your upper and lower ideal range so you can see how well you maintain within them?

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    I'm new to using fusion as a whole and I have just entered a few water test numbers, but it would be nice to change the timeline of the graph display. It looks like the top graph is about 2.5 weeks worth of data - but I'm only testing once a week, so this graph doesn't end up showing anything useful (by the time I add another point, it drops the point from the measurement before last). Looks like the bottom graph might adjust for a longer period but I can't tell with the limited data I've entered so far.
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Member No 1 View Post
    Yeah, but it's called Numbers!
    Go to the App Store on your IPad and download Microsoft Excel for Ipad.

New User
    Can you add the new Nyos test kits ?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Salifert changed their instruction sheets a few years ago, and I recall it causing a lot of confusion. On some instruction sheets, 0.00 = 16dKH, on others (the newer ones), it's 15.7. But even on the newer instruction sheet, the formula given is:

KH in dKH = (1 - reading in step 5) x 16

So, despite the newer table saying 15.7 dKH for a 0 reading, using the formula results in a value of 16.0. Another example: Your test result is 0.50. Using the formula in either version of the instruction sheet, (1- 0.5) * 16 = 8.0. Look up 0.5 in the table, and you get either 8.0 or 7.7, depending on which sheet you used.

It appears that Neptune is using the formula rather than recreating a table. Bottom line is that a 0.3 difference isn't going to make a huge difference - if your dKH is in the target range, it doesn't really matter if the absolute measurement is say 9.9 or 9.6... you want to maintain a steady level, and look for upward or downward trends. FWIW, I had so much trouble with Salifert Ca & Alk kits, that 6-7 years ago I went to Elos ( and now, some Rea Sea) kits and have never looked back.

So instead of Neptune Systems fixing Fusion to match the test manufacture chart, your recommended solution for the customer is to buy a different test kit?
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mstefa1 View Post
    So instead of Neptune Systems fixing Fusion to match the test manufacture chart, your recommended solution for the customer is to buy a different test kit?
    No, that wasn't my intent, and I'm sorry if it appeared that way to you. The post you quoted was copied from another thread from quite some time ago. I probably should not have copied that last line.
    I'm not a Neptune support rep. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    No problem, sorry Russ. Was just curious if they were going to fix it, or if they believe the Salifert chart is incorrect and therefore won't fix it. Either way I've been referencing the Salifert chart for years so even if it is not correct it's the reference that I've been going by and intend to continue to do so. So I'll just manually input the data.
    Matt