Thread: Product suggestion - remote elec. outlet

Frequent Visitor

Product suggestion - remote elec. outlet

I jus move my sump operation to my basement and because everything controlled (except AI leds and Vortech 40's) was moved wit the sump so was the Apex and WXM, ALD, AWM. The AWM effectively controls the Leds and vortechs.4

I can't control my T5 fixtures.

How about a module that would send a signal to turn on/off a remote switch that would be plugged into the wall and the T5 ballast would plug into this remote switch. Make sense? Seems easy to me.

Probably not gonna happen. Neptune is very against wireless solutions due to their poor reliability (with the exception of WXM and AWM, which they couldnt do with wires).

The simplest and cheapest solution for you is to simply run an extension cord through the same opening (or new one nearby it) as your overflow and return pipes.

Another option is to run an aquabus cable upstairs (if your WXM and AWM arent already up there) and add an EB4 or EB8 upstairs.

Frequent Visitor
    You could use X10 control. You can use the RJ45 control jack out of apex. X10 has many option for automation. So it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Geokiris View Post
    You could use X10 control. You can use the RJ45 control jack out of apex. X10 has many option for automation. So it is possible.
    And how exactly would that work. The RJ45 jack in the apex uses a proprietary communication protocol that cannot be changed. It can only communicate with legacy aquacontroller modules

It's not the RJ45 jacks (Varspd) it's the 'Control' jack. You can configure it to address an X10 controller.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

The CNTL jack is a RJ11
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    It's not the RJ45 jacks (Varspd) it's the 'Control' jack. You can configure it to address an X10 controller.
    Can you or someone please explain how to make this work?

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hkgar View Post
    Can you or someone please explain how to make this work?
    Rj11 control jack wire (telephone cable basically) goes to an X10 receiver module where it plugged into a plug outlet. It sends a signal over the same electrical line as the control module is plugged into which has settings like A1 to A16. Then a VO is made to the same setting A1, which will control whatever is plugged into control module.

Remember that it will only communicate via electrical line, so receiver and control have to be on same line.

The major problem with X10 and the Apex is that the necessary X10 module to convert is no longer made.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The major problem with X10 and the Apex is that the necessary X10 module to convert is no longer made.
    Here is the module required to connect to RJ11 control... http://www.thehomeautomationstore.co...ansmitter.html
    Here is the module for an outlet...http://www.thehomeautomationstore.co...e-x10-pro.html

The PSC04 is listed as out of stock. Per the X10 web site, it is no longer made.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The PSC04 is listed as out of stock. Per the X10 web site, it is no longer made.
    A
    X10 Pro Powerline Power Line Interface PL513 can be used as well.

http://www.imagesco.com/speech/sri04.html

Some where out in the world, there are still PSC04 and PL513 available. If someone was to go that route.

Frequent Visitor