Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need to program DOS

Frequent Visitor

need to program DOS

I am trying to program my DOS to dose Part A and Part B. What parameters do I need to enter into advanced to dose 5 ml of Part A twice daily and 5 ml of Part B 4 times daily?

There's no need to use Advanced control type and create manual programming for this. Just use the DŌS scheduler wizard in APEX Fusion.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I don't have Apex Fusion installed. Using advanced programming for all outlets.
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    There's no need to use Advanced control type and create manual programming for this. Just use the DŌS scheduler wizard in APEX Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
    I don't have Apex Fusion installed. Using advanced programming for all outlets.
    You're missing out then. Fusion doesn't need to be installed, it's a 5 minute process to make an account and link your apex. The heartbeat feature and no need for port forwarding alone is worth the set up time.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    You're missing out then. Fusion doesn't need to be installed, it's a 5 minute process to make an account and link your apex. The heartbeat feature and no need for port forwarding alone is worth the set up time.

I gave up on setting up fusion. I have an account. However on my dashboard it says fusion error. Not sure how else to send the link to fusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave up on setting up fusion. I have an account. However on my dashboard it says fusion error. Not sure how else to send the link to fusion.

Disable fusion on the display and reboot. Then enable fusion and you will get a new link token.

Frequent Visitor
    I have done that. However home page still says Apex Fusion Comm Error.
    Disable fusion on the display and reboot. Then enable fusion and you will get a new link token.

Try the steps in this link. Bullet 2 might be your problem.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ion-Connection

Frequent Visitor
    Did the second bullet. Still cannot get it to connect. I give up on Fusion. Is there anyway I can program the DOS with advanced parameters? Just need to know how to dose 5 ml of Part A and B 2-4 times daily.
    Try the steps in this link. Bullet 2 might be your problem.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ion-Connection

You can use DŌS profiles to accomplish this. But as both zombie and I have said, the best way is to use Apex Fusion.

Is DHCP enabled in your Apex network settings? If not, enable DHCP, then restart the Apex. Wait a few minutes and see if you have Fusion communications. If that does not help, post a screen shot of the network settings, and also post the LAN IP address of your router - that's the IP address you use to access your router's management web pages (it will typically be a 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x address). Describe how your Apex is connected; is it connected with a network cable directly to your router, or are you using some other device in the path between the Apex and the router, such as a Wi-Fi bridge or Powerline adapters?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    You can use DŌS profiles to accomplish this. But as both zombie and I have said, the best way is to use Apex Fusion.

Is DHCP enabled in your Apex network settings? If not, enable DHCP, then restart the Apex. Wait a few minutes and see if you have Fusion communications. If that does not help, post a screen shot of the network settings, and also post the LAN IP address of your router - that's the IP address you use to access your router's management web pages (it will typically be a 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x address). Describe how your Apex is connected; is it connected with a network cable directly to your router, or are you using some other device in the path between the Apex and the router, such as a Wi-Fi bridge or Powerline adapters?
    DHCP is enabled. I connect to my Apex through a hub which connects to a powerline adapter that connects to another powerline adapter then to Apex. I can connect fine to the Apex from my computer just can't get the fusion thing going. On the dashboard it says fusion communication error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Contact Neptune tech support about the Fusion connectivity issue. Resolving that and then being able to use Apex Fusion in general and specifically for fast and easy programming of your DŌS for programming is the best long-term thing to do.

In the meantime, you can use profiles and traditional time-based programming.

Define a single DŌS profile:

DOS5ml.PNG

Since we will be doing only a single dose each time, the Dose Interval is not really needed - I've used 9999 simply because there needs to be something in that field (0 is not a valid value here), and I use 9999 to clearly indicate to myself that there is no repetition desired.

In my example, we'll dose part A at 9AM and 9PM, and Part B at midnight, 6AM, noon, and 6PM.

[DOS_PartA]
    Set OFF
    If Time 09:00 to 09:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 21:00 to 21:01 Then DOS_5ml

[DOS_PartB]
    Set OFF
    If Time 00:00 to 00:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 06:00 to 06:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 12:00 to 12:01 Then DOS_5ml
    If Time 18:00 to 18:01 Then DOS_5ml

It will take about 42 seconds to add 5ml at a rate of 7ml/minute; after that 5ml amount is dosed, the pump will stop even through the outputs will turned on for a total of 2 minutes at the specified times.

Frequent Visitor
    Contact Neptune tech support about the Fusion connectivity issue. Resolving that and then being able to use Apex Fusion in general and specifically for fast and easy programming of your DŌS for programming is the best long-term thing to do.

In the meantime, you can use profiles and traditional time-based programming.

Define a single DŌS profile:

DOS5ml.PNG
    Thanks! Small problem. Under profiles I don't have 'dose' as an option in the drop down menu. Seems like something is not right.

Thanks! Small problem. Under profiles I don't have 'dose' as an option in the drop down menu. Seems like something is not right.
    Have you updated your firmware in the last 2 years?

Frequent Visitor
    I only have these options: Pump, Ramp, Vortech, Weather, Radio, Vega/Hydra.

Go to the Network setup page, and look at the bottom section - what is the AquaController Version listed? And if there is a Dashboard version line, what does that say?

Frequent Visitor
    This Apex is less than 2 years old. Do I still need to update the firmware? I may be off topic here but how do I know which version of firmware I need.
    Have you updated your firmware in the last 2 years?

- - - Updated - - -

4.40_3A16
    Go to the Network setup page, and look at the bottom section - what is the AquaController Version listed? And if there is a Dashboard version line, what does that say?

This Apex is less than 2 years old. Do I still need to update the firmware? I may be off topic here but how do I know which version of firmware I need.

- - - Updated - - -

4.40_3A16
    It wouldn't hurt to update. Russ and support have records of which firmware added what features and it is possible your apex may have sat on a shelf long enough it's firmware isn't updated for full dos use.

Frequent Visitor
    Got it, thanks to both of you. It must be the firmware then. I see the latest firmware is 4.52. Is it ok to update it over the powerline adapters? Or do I need to be directly connected to the Apex with my computer?
    It wouldn't hurt to update. Russ and support have records of which firmware added what features and it is possible your apex may have sat on a shelf long enough it's firmware isn't updated for full dos use.

Got it, thanks to both of you. It must be the firmware then. I see the latest firmware is 4.52. Is it ok to update it over the powerline adapters? Or do I need to be directly connected to the Apex with my computer?
    I would connect directly. Powerlines are better than WiFi but still prone enough to packet loss I wouldn't risk it.

Frequent Visitor
    Ok thanks! Will update firmware later today and see what that does.
    I would connect directly. Powerlines are better than WiFi but still prone enough to packet loss I wouldn't risk it.

What about the Dashboard version? Is that line not present? If not, that that means that the firmware was updated at some point, but the matching web page content was not, and that would explain why you do not see an "Dose" profile type even though you have firmware installed which does have support for the DŌS.

Update to the latest, and be sure to also update the web pages. The Apex Classic 4.52_5A17 firmware announcement has notes about doing so, and also about updating the firmware of modules after completing the main system firmware update. It also contains notes about important changes. Be sure to read that announcement.

Frequent Visitor
    Tried to update the firmware but it did not work. Connected directly to the Apex and when I run the Apex software it detects the adapter. However when I try to update the firmware it says network is unreachable.
    What about the Dashboard version? Is that line not present? If not, that that means that the firmware was updated at some point, but the matching web page content was not, and that would explain why you do not see an "Dose" profile type even though you have firmware installed which does have support for the DŌS.

Update to the latest, and be sure to also update the web pages. The Apex Classic 4.52_5A17 firmware announcement has notes about doing so, and also about updating the firmware of modules after completing the main system firmware update. It also contains notes about important changes. Be sure to read that announcement.

Tried to update the firmware but it did not work. Connected directly to the Apex and when I run the Apex software it detects the adapter. However when I try to update the firmware it says network is unreachable.
    Couple things to make sure you do.

Set the ipv4 setting of your laptop to static no gateway, no DNS, up address with first 3 octets same as apex and last octet different. Subnet 255.255.255.0

Enter apex ip manually into the utility.

Frequent Visitor
    Couple things to make sure you do.

Set the ipv4 setting of your laptop to static no gateway, no DNS, up address with first 3 octets same as apex and last octet different. Subnet 255.255.255.0

Using a Mac. Is that any different?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast