Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power bar

Power bar

When is the UK going to get the new style orange bar not the black one?

No date has been released.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

OK thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Will Neptune replace the old energy bars for free with for people who have brought the units now?

Quote Originally Posted by Clownfishy View Post
    Will Neptune replace the old energy bars for free with for people who have brought the units now?
    No. Classic energy bars still work with 2016 base units. The eb832 (and eb632 yet to be released) just add extra features including one link and 24V ports built in and individual watts/amps measurements per outlet.

Frequent Visitor
    So the UK pay extra for the unit, receive an energy bar that does not do what is advertised and even if a new energy bar is released, people in the UK will have to by it again? That seems weird. Neptune may want to add a "Not applicable outside the US" in their sales pages and videos where they talk about the new functions of the energy bar as it is not clear they are shipped with the old energy bar. Not sure about other countries but in the UK this would be classed as mis-selling by a company so worth mentioning this to the sales department.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So the UK pay extra for the unit, receive an energy bar that does not do what is advertised and even if a new energy bar is released, people in the UK will have to by it again? That seems weird. Neptune may want to add a "Not applicable outside the US" in their sales pages and videos where they talk about the new functions of the energy bar as it is not clear they are shipped with the old energy bar. Not sure about other countries but in the UK this would be classed as mis-selling by a company so worth mentioning this to the sales department.

Something about that doesn't sound right or fair.

To be fair, the 2016 apex isn't even available in UK. Only the classic apex with EB6. If the seller promoted it as the 2016 apex and sold you a classic that's on them not neptune. I could see someone just assuming that all controllers they sell are like the flagship, but given that the two don't look at all alike (particularly the base unit), kinda hard for neptune to mis-sell that. That's like watching videos on an iPhone 8 and being mad that the iPhone 7 doesn't have all the new shiny features.

It would be nice if the eb6 was as cheap as an eb8, but 240V parts and lower demand I'm sure make up most of the price difference (i.e. I doubt neptune is making any more profit margin off an eb6 than an eb8). Add to that international shipping and add to that the UKs ridiculous 3.5% duty and 20% VAT and it's gonna get real pricy real quick.

Zombie, the Apex 2016 has been shipping to UK in a bundle which includes the UK variant of the EB6.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Zombie, the Apex 2016 has been shipping to UK in a bundle which includes the UK variant of the EB6.
    My mistake. Never saw one when I searched google. Must be google limiting my searches based on region.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    My mistake. Never saw one when I searched google. Must be google limiting my searches based on region. The part about the huge tariffs and international shipping (which is also taxed at 20%) still applies though.

Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

but, a EU retail seller:

https://www.neptunestore.eu/en/neptu...e-lab-kit.html

that only sell neptune products in whole Europe (my friend buy a new 2016 with eb6 from these a week ago), non clearly specified that the 2016 is with old EB6 of classic. I understood looking the image, but in the text in not reported. I tell him before making the choice between classic or 2016.

I think too isn't well clear if the people look on neptune official web site, here in Europe many are thinking that the 2016 is full available but is'tn really true. We have a hybrid version.

Moreover, one of the official EU importer (Nordic Reef, my LFS here in Italy buy Apex products from they) don't have at this time any information about availability of very interesting new products (flow meters, optical sensor, and so…)

I'm afraid but I start thinking that the guys of Neptune Systems are forgetting their European customers…

Frequent Visitor
    In the UK, even if you do purchase it, you have the legal right to return it and receive a full refund as it is not sold as advertised. Not sure what the law is in other EU countries but that maybe an option for anyone who is very disappointed.
    I really think a simple "only available in the US" wording is needed to help people outside the US. It seems we are paying the full price but only recieving half the product so maybe Neptune should consider reducing the price until they can offer what is advertised. I for one have decided not to buy an Apex until it is clear what the future development will be for the product outside the US.

I really think a simple "only available in the US" wording is needed to help people outside the US. It seems we are paying the full price but only recieving half the product so maybe Neptune should consider reducing the price until they can offer what is advertised.
    I agree on the wording part. Just a little footnote under the section about energy bars would be sufficient.

The price part again sucks, but the EB6 has always cost nearly as much as the EB832 anyway because it's much more expensive to manufacture. When the EB632 comes out, I would honestly expect a 50-100 premium due to the higher manufacturing cost. This is all before international shipping and 23.5% tax (for UK at least).

Frequent Visitor
    If there is going to be an increase in cost for the new energy bar that is even more a kick in the guts for overseas people who have been sold the old bar and then need to buy the newer one when it comes out at an even higher cost!!!
    I agree about the tax, we have 20% sales tax in the UK which is insane. I assume the 3.5% part of the tax you mention is the import tax which UK will soon be able to remove once we are out of the EU and can set our own import tax rates ;-)

I assume the 3.5% part of the tax you mention is the import tax which UK will soon be able to remove once we are out of the EU and can set our own import tax rates ;-)

There's an old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". Instead of the 3.5% import tax you may be paying 7% import tax!

Frequent Visitor
    Lol, that would be funny!!! I am confident that the last thing the UK will do is put up trade barriers with the UK's largest inward investor the US. I am looking at paying a lot less for all goods from the US, Japan, India etc.

Frequent Visitor
    Getting back on topic, here is a good example of what we face in the UK and this Neptune supplier is not an isolated case and a very well respected supplier of aquarium products -
    https://charterhouse-aquatics.com/sh...ex-system-2016
    You can see the picture advertising the new energy bar with the new Neptune. This is not what you would actually receive so a customer is left disappointed, the supplier is left annoyed as I would return the product and he cannot then sell this returned product as new as it would be classed as used as I would have opened it.
    To me, either remove the new Apex from the UK and European markets or better still, offer your customers a guarantee that they can purchase the new energy bar at a drastically reduced price.
    I really want to buy an Apex but have now been put off as I have to pay for the energy bar twice!

It's a shame on a good product is being let down. I would like the bar to be free upgrade when released.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I really want to buy an Apex but have now been put off as I have to pay for the energy bar twice!
    I agree, i'm of the same opinion.
    I've 2 reef tanks, one with classic and one without control. I'm tinking to put the "alone" under control, but at this time with "hybrid" situation, i'm waiting.

Moreover, price speaking, the Apex2016 on BRS with double junction probes (better than lab grade) cost 799$ (=695€).... the 2016 on EU webseller 865€ with old EB6....

Frequent Visitor
    I am now looking at another brand of controller as it seems an expensive option for those in the UK and the uncertainty around the power bar. It's a real shame as I really want to go Apex :-(

New User
    I am now looking at another brand of controller as it seems an expensive option for those in the UK and the uncertainty around the power bar. It's a real shame as I really want to go Apex :-(

Been thinking exactly the same.... I can't get past how good Fusion is though and that's likely why I will go APEX over GHL.

Regular Vistor
    was about to pull the trigger on the 2016 until I found out about not getting the new energy bar. iv noticed a few places now state it ships with the older style eb6. so now the question is do I look at second hand classic controllers as they seem to have vanished from the shops over here or pay the £820 for the 2016 with the old eb6

would be nice if they stated there working on a new energy bar for the UK market but from what iv seen on Google and quotes from people who have emailed asking there's nothing in the pipeline as yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warby View Post
    was about to pull the trigger on the 2016 until I found out about not getting the new energy bar. iv noticed a few places now state it ships with the older style eb6. so now the question is do I look at second hand classic controllers as they seem to have vanished from the shops over here or pay the £820 for the 2016 with the old eb6

would be nice if they stated there working on a new energy bar for the UK market but from what iv seen on Google and quotes from people who have emailed asking there's nothing in the pipeline as yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    This is total speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a working prototype and are either dealing with logistics of mass producing them and/or going through the insane process of getting IEC approvals (the CE mark) which I have heard is a nightmare and can take years if they are backlogged. Neptune doesn't like to give release windows until they are absolutely certain all their ducks are in a row.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast