Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neptune Return Pump

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    I think it seems like Neptune is actually moving away from the programming language entirely, with the use of graph programming and wizards that you see in Fusion. I'm sure the current programming will hang around at least for a little while, for those of us who want to take the time to learn it and implement advanced functions. But I doubt they are going to spend any time expanding it at this point.
    I certainly hope this isn't the case as it makes the apex one of the more powerful platforms in it's market. The graphs are great and I don't think they should stop innovation on this front. They certainly make programming the regular operation of lights and pumps and dosing easy, but if that's all it can do, then there's no need for the apex... You can just program everything independently and let it do its thing.

With the apex I can let my auto water change program run and change about a gallon of water a day, but if it detects that my salinity is getting too high with the conductivity probe then it takes out a bit of tank water and replaces it with fresh water to bring down the salinity. If the salinity is too low then it adds a bit of extra salt water to bring it up.

Along the same lines, I can direct the output of the DOS pump that removes saltwater from my display tank to my quarantine tank. I have another DOS pump that can remove water from the QT so that as water is changed in my DT it's changed in the QT as well. But at times when I'm not running the QT I don't want the DOS pump to attempt to remove water from that tank, nor do I want the QT filter or heater on, so I can set one variable (OK, virtual outlet, but we really need variables) and everything related to the QT is shut off.

For my NSW reservoir I have a float switch at the bottom that detects when the water runs low. When that switch triggers it turns off the AWC DOS pumps and opens a solenoid on my RODI filter to automatically refill the reservoir. When it's full a float switch at the top turns the RODI back off and emails me so I know to put salt in the reservoir and restart the AWC. My ATO reservoir is completely automated. When it gets low the apex turns on the RODI filter to fill it, then shuts the RODI off when it's full... No manual intervention necessary at all.

The ability to do all of that and more is the beauty of the apex and the programming language is absolutely necessary for this. Much more would be possible with an expanded programming language.

Frequent Contributor
    Only a pump the size of the COR would be viable on the (current) 1LINK module. And yes, depending on the power settings you would use for devices on the 1LINK along with the COR, you may need a slightly larger power supply. That said there still is an upper current limit for the current version of the 1LINK module.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Doing a quick scan I don't see the answers.

1. How much?
    2. When will it be available for order?
    3. Is the D-link required?
    Chad

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post

1. How much?
    1. Not a clue at the price as the COR is almost a year away so price I am sure is not even being discussed at least for public knowledge...
    2. It is said sometime next year.... maybe in the Fall but only production, programming and testing will tell when it will be able to order...
    3. Not sure what you are referring to about the D-Link????..., if you meant the 1Link then the answer then would be yes...
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post

1. How much?
    1. Not announced
    2. Not announced, maybe next year
    3. Yes, says so in the linked article in the OP.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    I was actually planing a second return pump in my setup, but didn't get around to it yet... so even if it can't replace my current pump, I'm still interested
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Frequent Contributor
    While I cannot say how much additional programming features may or may not be added down the road, I can certainly say we will not be taking anything away that already exists.

We have a firm understanding that the Apex serves a wide range of needs and a wide range of levels of end users. We always try and balance that. It should be obvious though that we want to bring the Apex and all it does for aquarists to as many people as possible and that means making it more approachable and easier to accomplish the most basic of tasks.

This pump would be perfect for my application. I am, very excited to see Neptune moving one step closer to a complete system option. Keep up the great work guys!!! Cannot wait to see what comes next!!!

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    While I cannot say how much additional programming features may or may not be added down the road, I can certainly say we will not be taking anything away that already exists.

We have a firm understanding that the Apex serves a wide range of needs and a wide range of levels of end users. We always try and balance that. It should be obvious though that we want to bring the Apex and all it does for aquarists to as many people as possible and that means making it more approachable and easier to accomplish the most basic of tasks.
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Apex is definitely becoming the standard that companies have to ensure compatibility with in their new products. I'm so excited to order my new Apex Ready controller for Waveline. Good job to Neptune for driving the industry in this direction.

Would you be able to integrate water Temp into the pump? One less probe to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by schadm View Post
    Would you be able to integrate water Temp into the pump? One less probe to worry about
    That would be a bad idea. The temperature of the pump or very near the pump will be a lot hotter than average water temp in the tank when it has been running for a little while.

New User
    will it be a DC pump?

Quote Originally Posted by Vahag View Post
    will it be a DC pump?
    Yes. It will be fully controllable DC

Frequent Visitor
    How would this pump compare to fully loaded little giant 4 mdq sc which runs extremely hot to the touch?

Regular Vistor
    This is awesome. I will be waiting in line for one of these.

Frequent Visitor
    Seems like a cool pump, and would work with my tank. If you need a beta tester I would be glad to do it.

New User
    When is this thing going to hit the shelf? I am in the market for a return pump and want to give this thing a go. I would rather give my money to Neptune rather than another company....

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    When is this thing going to hit the shelf? I am in the market for a return pump and want to give this thing a go. I would rather give my money to Neptune rather than another company....
    I am also waiting for the news

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by chercm View Post
    I am also waiting for the news
    Any word on this? September was the last time someone asked for date and price, are there any ballparks that can be discussed?

At MACNA, it was stated as sometime in 2016.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I'm researching on building a new setup using the apex controller and accessories. Lately my research has been focused on the various controllable pumps and this looks great. I'm hoping it's out to market by the time I'm done doing my research and working on setting up my build.

I would also be interested in watching it in action via YouTube (or simular video).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    waiting here too . this is the best competitor to the Vectra series

Want 1 for my sump return and 1 to run the chiller.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    This is great news , are they available yet?? Are they being beta tested??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast